PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Lineup

finechina2003
11-17-2007, 07:36 PM
After 3 games, what is your favorite lineup? I get excited when I see the following players in the game together:

Pargo
Downs
Daye
Larry G.
Kuso

This team is lock down on defense and can also light it up on the offensive end.

Larryzag
11-17-2007, 07:42 PM
I agree 100%. In the future substitute JH for Kuso and we have some awesome offensive options. With that lineup all three bigs can post up and hit the 3.

theothegreat21
11-17-2007, 07:44 PM
At this point in the season I would have
1) Pargo
2) Larry
3) Matt
4) Austin
5) Kuso

but I think by the end of the season Micah will work his way back in there and replace Larry and I would put Josh in for Austin
1) Pargo
2) Matt
3) Micah
4) Josh
5) Kuso

MedZag
11-17-2007, 07:50 PM
but I think by the end of the season Micah will work his way back in there and replace Larry and I would put Josh in for Austin
1) Pargo
2) Matt
3) Micah
4) Josh
5) Kuso

Could you imagine a second team with Gurganious, Gray, AND Daye?

Which coach ran platoons back in the day? Kept switching between team a and team b and ran the other team raggad?

theothegreat21
11-17-2007, 07:59 PM
its really incredible to think about the depth and talent this team will have when its healthy. I think in today's game we really saw how important Gray's ability to shoot will be for the team. Matt's jump shot was off today, and it would have been nice to have Gray's outside shooting tonight

Sneaky Long
11-17-2007, 08:15 PM
Now, down the road this is the lineup that makes sense both ways off/def. We are soooo deep that many possible lineups will work, especially with the common goal of winning. The team does need some work at the 3 line which has been weak, but the D- has made up for the lack of shooting %. Hopefully the deep ball will improve.

1) Pargo
2) Matt
3) Micah
4) Daye
5) Josh

TacomaZAG
11-18-2007, 08:29 AM
I think Coach Few will continue to start the Seniors and experiment with a number of different lineups throughout the early season, especially until Josh gets back. More important to me is the starting lineup (and major minute guys) at the end of the season, as the measuring stick for Zag basketball is how far we go in March. Based on what I've seen through the first 4 games, I really like the options with the following guys out there together:

1 - Pargo
2 - Downs
3 - Daye
4 - Josh
5 - Sacre

That nucleus, with Pendo, LG, Matt, and Kuso in significant roles as well make for a very imposing lineup. This lineup would be very difficult to defend with the height and long range ability on the wings plus Josh's versatility at the 4. Sacre doesn't need to score much (or Kuso either if he is in there), they just need to rebound and have a post presence, plus allow Josh to roam a little bit as the 4. Also, I don't think we drop much at all with Pendo and LG at the wings and Matt running the point.

I can't wait for us to start playing better competition, I think we will only get better.

GO ZAGS.........

zagsballer
11-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Wow, im surprised. 6 posts and only one mention of Pendo, and it was about him coming of the bench.

I agree, but im surprised more people haven't been talking about seniors getting respect.

My fav:

Pargo
Bouldin
LG
Daye
Kuso --- Heytvelt soon enough

Man, I love the depth... We still have Sacre, Gray, Pendo, and Downs!!!

ZagsGoZags
11-18-2007, 08:43 AM
Right now I would start
Kuso, Pendo, Matt, Daye, Pargo

by the end of the season
I imagine it might be
Josh, Sacre, Daye, Pargo, Matt

I am not sure Sacre will come along that fast

chirguy
11-18-2007, 09:27 AM
Bouldin
LG
Downs
Daye
Sacre

Sacre seems to be a pretty good defender and has got his game going. Daye, Downs and LG for obvious reasons. Matty great passer, low turnovers, great rebounder.

FuManShoes
11-18-2007, 10:31 AM
I notice several of these proposed lineups have Kuso being replaced by Sacre. I don't think that will happen. Sacre's time will come, and he will spell Kuso, but Kuso is a great defender, runs the pick and roll really well and is doing great at the foul line. He also seems to have sharpened his understanding of the game and developed a nice drop step that he used to school a UCR post last night. He doesn't play pretty, but he's much farther along than Sacre, which is to be expected. He's grabbing boards, rolling to the basket, blocking shots, catching tough passes, finishing at the hoop and making his FTs. You really can't ask for anything more. Now, whether he can continue to do that against quality big men is the big question. I'm not sure where he fits in with Josh, Daye and Micah, but none of those guys seem like bangers and I think Pendo's days of playing the undersized 5 are over ...