PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice?

HillBillyZag
02-20-2007, 08:08 PM
It tickled me when Jeremy came out of the game last time he went down the line highfiving & chest bumping and when he got to Dave Burgess he gave a big leap and landed right in Dave's arms and roughed up Dave's buzz cut. I also notice that others were joking a lot with Burgess at times. This would indicate that he is well thought of by the team as a whole. From what little I've seen David has a nice touch on the ball and is a good free throw shooter. Despite some on this board labeling Burgess as garbage, I'm inclined to think that his recovery form the ankle surgeries took longer than expected and he is just now rounding into playing shape and learning the system.I still think before its over Dave will be a valuable contributer.

Rubbadub
02-20-2007, 08:20 PM
nobody labeled him as garbage. As you said, he just hasn't been in game shape physically following his injury and hasn't looked comfortable in the system. Even in game shape though, he might not be athletic enough to make it at GU. We haven't seen him in game shape really so who knows? All we know when talking about him is what we've seen in limited action and the fact that there will be lots of competion for playing time next year. Nobody has badmouthed him though.

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
02-20-2007, 08:55 PM
in a disgraceful post a couple of days ago UW Zag called the players exactly that - I agree with the above, that we can get quality minutes from both of them if they're brought along correctly by the staff - there is an ever-increasing pool of talent, so they'll have to fight for time, which usually makes people better, in my opinion, but laying into the players like that's LAME

sanfranzagsguy20
02-20-2007, 10:34 PM
i agree..i think we should reserve our judgement of burgess for next season rather than this season...i think it is easier for micah to come in and perform after missing some time because he has more pure talent than dave...its pretty hard to get into game shape when a) you had to sit out the first semester and b) you dont play as much....i'll be very interested to see what kind of offseason burgess has and how much work he puts in for next season...hopefully he can get some positive results and we can judge him off that performance with a full offseason under his belt rather than this season which he would probably admit that he would like to put behind him

ZagMania
02-21-2007, 07:39 AM
I think that once Burgess gets himself into playing shape, he can be an asset for this team. Here is a video of Burgess from back in his highs school days:
Link (http://www.zagmania.com/player.php?id=12&&v=4)

TexasZagFan
02-21-2007, 08:58 AM
in a disgraceful post a couple of days ago UW Zag called the players exactly that - I agree with the above, that we can get quality minutes from both of them if they're brought along correctly by the staff - there is an ever-increasing pool of talent, so they'll have to fight for time, which usually makes people better, in my opinion, but laying into the players like that's LAME

Last time I saw his avatar, it was on a milk carton.

Keep the comments in Francais coming 94ZW! Vielen Dank!

RebornZag
02-21-2007, 02:09 PM
Burgess may be called on at times to help out!!! You never know. He is a capable player, and especially when we would be playing a team that doesn't run a lot, or if we don't want to run. He is not the quickest guy on the team. He is a good low post player, IMO, and he has canned a few shots this year. He's big. Let's just wait and see how things pan out. He was used a little against Memphis, even if only for a few minutes at a time. That helps. Kuso used to only get about 7 min per game (which wasn't a lot but it helped him improve). I could see Burgess getting 5-7 minutes now. And I think he'd do just fine when playing. When he has played he's done ok. I can't remember any times he really hurt us.