PDA

View Full Version : Where's Woohoo's GUNIT of the game thread?

ZagManFan
11-17-2007, 07:03 PM
Waiting, waiting, waiting..........OK, I cannot wait any longer. My GUNIT player of the game would have to be Big Rob tonight. He finally looks comfortable on the floor and did not miss a shot. Couple boards and played well on D. I love how he comes off his defender on the high pick and rides the ball handler until his defender is able to recover. Great presence on the floor tonight.

Thought he did an excellent job tonight which is huge for this team later in the year. If he can continue to grow while Josh is out, what a huge boost to have on the bench.

Great job Rob!!!

theothegreat21
11-17-2007, 07:08 PM
I think you could give it to either Rob or Kuso. Both finished very well around the hoop and rebounded well. It was great to see Rob really step up and we did not see any lull in the team when Kuso went out since Rob was able to play so well

ZagsGoZags
11-17-2007, 07:09 PM
All I can say about that is Amen, and I'm not much of a believer. And like the year of Adam Morrison and Batista, the player of the game was often given to other players who were not as effective in the game, but for the sake of spreading the glory around a little. which I think is a good thing. You don't want Adam getting the award 20 games in a row.

That is true of the vote for Sacre. Actually the skinny guy off the bench, Mr. Daye, was the true player of the game all 3 games so far - but it will be even more so when we play against the heat of better teams.

roxdoc
11-17-2007, 08:13 PM
Its definitely Sacre. Good solid game. Its been great to see the remarkable growth in his game and confidence over our first 3 games. Has a ways to go, but over the last few years I can't think of another newbe where you can see the progression over so short a period. Congrats Rob, your hard work is paying off.

jim77
11-17-2007, 09:02 PM
I'll go with Rob also..... I thought the second half of this game was the best half the TEAM has played thus far. The ball movement...hitting open players for easy buckets. Exactly what we'll need against WKU and Butler types. The defense was very tough again tonight....The team is in nice shape for the GAS.

Scotto
11-17-2007, 11:04 PM
How oftern do you see 7 footers playing at the top of a zone defense? Pretty crazy! Great game by Robbie.