PDA

View Full Version : Why didn't Few play Theo more?

zagster318
11-17-2007, 07:02 PM
I was hoping to see him in there for the last 10 mins or so, but Few waited until to the 4 minute mark to put him in the game.

theothegreat21
11-17-2007, 07:06 PM
My guess would be that Theo is still working himself into game shape. He was out for awhile with the infection and then gone for a couple of days with the stroke of his father. Once he gets fully into game shape I expect we will see lots more of him, starting with lots of playing time at GAS

BroncoZAG615
11-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Theo hasn't had a solid duration of continuous practice with the team in a while. The infection and family issue has stalled that. We all have seen his raw ability in his breif stints. Once he gets more and more involved at practice for a duration of time I believe his minutes will really pick up.

BobZag
11-17-2007, 07:09 PM
Because none of us sees any practices and who is doing what. Few and Staff do. Every great team needs depth. I saw Theo hit a difficult shot tonight. He'll get more PT when he earns it in practices. But I'm totally comfortable when he is in the game. He's good.

zagster318
11-17-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm totally comfortable when he is in the game. He's good.

Agreed.

roxdoc
11-17-2007, 08:05 PM
I agree with the above, but further think it has to do with Sacre. We really need someone to backup Kuso down low. This means Sacre, Will, or perhaps Davis. Sacre has been improving every game out, with his game tonight the best we have seen. I think the coaches wanted Sacre in there with the "first" string - to work with Daye, Downs, and Bouldin on the inside out passing. It appears he is learning and enjoying himself.

Eventually Davis was in playing with Sacre, but by then it was clean up time.

As an aside, did you see Sacre give big Will a bad time when he missed his first FT. Will was obviously laughing as he got the ball back for the second shot (which he made!)

GonzagaGurl08
11-17-2007, 08:10 PM
I agree with the above, but further think it has to do with Sacre. We really need someone to backup Kuso down low. This means Sacre, Will, or perhaps Davis. Sacre has been improving every game out, with his game tonight the best we have seen. I think the coaches wanted Sacre in there with the "first" string - to work with Daye, Downs, and Bouldin on the inside out passing. It appears he is learning and enjoying himself.

Eventually Davis was in playing with Sacre, but by then it was clean up time.

As an aside, did you see Sacre give big Will a bad time when he missed his first FT. Will was obviously laughing as he got the ball back for the second shot (which he made!)

Well said. I did see Rob giving Big Will a bad time. Another of my favorite moments is when Will came in for Rob at the end, and they did this cute chest bump/hug thing.

mendiant
11-17-2007, 09:07 PM
I'm basically really comfortable with the decisions our coaches make.

Few and Co have gotten the ZAGS to 9 consecutive NCAA appearances.

I trust the staff to do right by the team and the individual components therof....this means our dear Theo.

Love my guys and I love our Coaching Staff.

GO ZAGS!!!

CDC84
11-17-2007, 09:20 PM
Sacre had a real nice game tonight. He seemed quite comfortable tonight.

jim77
11-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Agreed Mend.

MDABE80
11-17-2007, 10:56 PM
I agree with CDC. Rob looked much more at ease tonight. He'll bet even better with more experience. Seaon is young and the Zgas haven't played tough teams yet.lThat'll end in Alaska. In Few's system starting doesn't mean that much. Parts do change and so do situations within a game and from team to team. Starting is overrated in my view.
As games unfold, expect Few to change things up all the time. It's always best to remain fluid. Few knows that and coaches accordingly. Austin starting isn't worth much. I'd go with maturity/experience and make changes as the game goes on. I'm just greatful Few has the depth to change things up and not lose a step. This will be more eveident in the GAS and beyond. These first few games just test the waters as to who has it and when they have it.

I'm so glad RayGiac is coaching our defense. It's just so eveident things are changed for the better now.

zagster318
11-18-2007, 01:03 AM
[QUOTE=MDABE80;108937]The Zags haven't played tough teams yet. That'll end in Alaska. [QUOTE]

That's my point. It seems most posters on here feel that Theo will get more minutes in Alaska. However, the Zags will be playing much better teams in Alaska. IMHO, it would've been beneficial for Theo to get his feet wet against an easier opponent, as opposed to being acclimated to the college game through a trial by fire process. Anyway, I am sure it will all work out in the long run.

MedZag
11-18-2007, 01:10 AM
Starting is overrated in my view.

Agreed. The biggest praise in Few's system is minutes - not who's in on tipoff.

Section 116
11-18-2007, 12:51 PM
Richard Fox, on the postgame radio show last night made the observation he believes the game is slowing down for Sacre, hence the marked improvement. It still amazes me how fluid and athletic Sacre appears on the court. I would never guess a 7'0 255 lb. freshman would exhibit that type of ability.

LynetteG
11-18-2007, 01:45 PM
my husband could not believe that Sacre was 7'! He had to wait until the announcers said something about it. That guy is stacked, though, WOW! Oh, wait, I meant to say 'hubba hubba', right GonzagaGurl? :)

GonzagaGurl08
11-18-2007, 05:37 PM
my husband could not believe that Sacre was 7'! He had to wait until the announcers said something about it. That guy is stacked, though, WOW! Oh, wait, I meant to say 'hubba hubba', right GonzagaGurl? :)

Hubba Hubba is right. Here's a picture of Mr. Perfect playing D.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a352/MeghanBarrett/GU%20vs%20UC%20Riverside/P1000451.jpg

OZZag
11-18-2007, 06:57 PM
It is great photo GG08, but I think Rob is trying to get a pass to score a bucket!

Ya I know I'm being a smart***

GonzagaGurl08
11-18-2007, 07:26 PM
You are right OZZag. Regardless, Rob has great position on his man.

Zag79
11-18-2007, 08:50 PM
hes sealing his man off to catch a pass over the top from daye (not pictured). which he finished with a 2 handed dunk. ;)