PDA

View Full Version : Heads up Zag fans

hondo46
11-17-2007, 02:44 PM
If you love the Zags and if you love college hoops you must see this edition of the Zag's womens team. I just got back from a blasting of the UNR Wolfpack and I'm telling you that this Lady Zags team is a whole lot of fun to watch. I could go on and on with descriptives of this team but just trust me
and go see them for yourself.

sittingon50
11-17-2007, 10:16 PM
I had the opportunity to make a doubleheader out of the day, hondo. The ladies are really deep as well.

Monday night at home vs Montana. 27-4 last year with all 5 starters back. Should be a terrific game.

BobZag
11-18-2007, 09:14 AM
Saw both games, too, and thoroughly enjoyed Coach Graves' team. I think I actually enjoyed the women's game more; they play all-out 100% of the time and never take their foot off the gas. Can't wait for Montana and Marquette on Monday and Friday, respectively. Lots of fun.

FlatheadZag
11-18-2007, 12:00 PM
The Gonzaga ladies will have their hands full with Montana. They have had some great teams over the years, but this years edition might be the best of all. What kind of crowds do the ladies pull in?

Gonzdb8
11-18-2007, 12:37 PM
thanks for the updates. i wasn't aware we returned all five starters from what was a very talented team. i'm embarrassed to say that over the years i've never made it to a lady zags game. sounds like this might be a good week to correct that oversight.

Section 116
11-18-2007, 12:44 PM
I made a day of it too and took in the Lady Zags. Great depth on that team much like the men. Very impressive performance by Tiffanie Shives who has great vision, court awareness and a nice shot. I understand she was a McDonalds All-American who grew up in Lansing MI, dreamed of playing for Mich St, went there one year, had a rather unpleasant year, heard of Adam Morrison and his diabetes and transferred out here to play for Coach Graves. I believe Shives is diabetic as well and because of Adam she knew she would be comfortable in a Zag uniform. As Hondo and others said you should most certainly get yourself down to the women's hoops. Tomorrow night is your next opportunity.

Zaglaw
11-18-2007, 12:59 PM
:agreed:The Lady Zags are definitely the best deal in town in sports entertainment. Season tickets only $50/seat ($3.57/game). They drew about 2300 fams against UW.

sittingon50
11-18-2007, 02:13 PM
It is Montana that has all 5 starters back from a 27-4 team.

BobZag
11-18-2007, 02:50 PM
How did Boise State beat Montana? I don't recall BSU ever being very good.

Gonzdb8
11-18-2007, 03:19 PM
It is Montana that has all 5 starters back from a 27-4 team.

thanks for the correction, guess i misread those original posts. still, looking forward to seeing what sounds like a very talented zag team.