PDA

View Full Version : No love from Dicky V?

dnj116
11-16-2007, 03:05 PM
Why is it that every season Dick Vitale shows no respect for Gonzaga? Year after year every other sports writer seems to recognize us, yet Vitale never seems to show any love for Gonzaga.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3111711
In this weeks espn power 16, just like in years past, Vitale is the ONLY writer who does not have us in the power 16. Wondering what your guys' comments were on this guy.

CDC84
11-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Mute button

MBZags
11-16-2007, 03:24 PM
He never had much credibility with me to begin with. The "yeah baby" crap is just annoying to me.

gozagswoohoo
11-16-2007, 03:26 PM
Why is it that every season Dick Vitale shows no respect for Gonzaga? Year after year every other sports writer seems to recognize us, yet Vitale never seems to show any love for Gonzaga.
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=3111711
In this weeks espn power 16, just like in years past, Vitale is the ONLY writer who does not have us in the power 16. Wondering what your guys' comments were on this guy.

Welcome to the board dnj116!!! Allow myself to introduce...myself...

I am woohoo, aka WooPrinceofPersiaHoo.

I am pretty much the most powerful poster on this board, politically speaking that is. No lie, I am actually the 3rd youngest mayor in the United States. I am mayor of St. Clair, MO, and I'm 24 years old. So thats pretty cool. So if you ever have any questions about policits, I'm your man. I'm going for my second term here in January, so wish me luck. I have done alot of good in my town while being mayor. I made a new law that you cannot cross a street with a goat unless you have it on a leash. There are a couple posters you should avoid when it comes to politics though. For instance, Zagnative once got arrested for urinating in a voting booth, true story. Then there was last election time with MDABE, he was trying to poke a hole in his little voting tab card, and he stabbed through the card and into his index finger! They posted pictures of it on the forum here, it was hilarious. Last but not least, there is former1dog, he doesn't know much about politics at all, and rarely discusses them...so be careful. Anyways, welcome aboard!!!

LynetteG
11-16-2007, 03:32 PM
kinda like Doug Gottlieb being the only one not to rank Dook. lol

abeanzag
11-16-2007, 03:33 PM
hilarious

ZagNative
11-16-2007, 03:37 PM
OMG, Woohoo. I thought the scriptwriters were on strike, yet you just continue to pound it out.

Oh, and welcome dnj116. I trust that you are familiar with Woohoo's work and that you now understand why there's a fence around the property to keep some of the resident lunatics from wandering off ...

TM27
11-16-2007, 03:40 PM
Dick Vitale (along with Jay Mariotti) are two of the most annoying people on TV. Everything coming from Dookie V's mouth (or pen) needs to be taken with a grain of salt...keeping in mind that Dookie once said that JJ Redick is the most abused athlete of all time (ummm over Jackie Robinson)?

..........................on another note is woohoo the only one that laughs at his jokes? Pretty clever that he took a line from a late 90's movie and uses it over and over and over and over and over again. Just some jabs in the ribs for you woohoo...but seriously, time to quote movies from this decade.

gozagswoohoo
11-16-2007, 03:48 PM
but seriously, time to quote movies from this decade.

:eek:

:enraged:

JLGutrocks
11-16-2007, 03:56 PM
He and Schlabach are the only ones to put Arizona in also.

Watching the Memphis/OU game last night was unbearable. The dude says a sentence that only he thinks is cool/poignant, and then repeats it 5 times in a row. I had to do as CDC says......Mute button.

:vomit-smiley-007:

:horse:

tenniszag
11-16-2007, 04:15 PM
Having Arizona in the Power 16 and not us is obsurd imo. They will be out of the top 25 by mid-December.

kitzbuel
11-16-2007, 04:35 PM
Welcome to the board dnj116!!! Allow myself to introduce...myself...

I am woohoo, aka WooPrinceofPersiaHoo.

I am pretty much the most powerful poster on this board, politically speaking that is. No lie, I am actually the 3rd youngest mayor in the United States. I am mayor of St. Clair, MO, and I'm 24 years old. So thats pretty cool. So if you ever have any questions about policits, I'm your man. I'm going for my second term here in January, so wish me luck. I have done alot of good in my town while being mayor. I made a new law that you cannot cross a street with a goat unless you have it on a leash. There are a couple posters you should avoid when it comes to politics though. For instance, Zagnative once got arrested for urinating in a voting booth, true story. Then there was last election time with MDABE, he was trying to poke a hole in his little voting tab card, and he stabbed through the card and into his index finger! They posted pictures of it on the forum here, it was hilarious. Last but not least, there is former1dog, he doesn't know much about politics at all, and rarely discusses them...so be careful. Anyways, welcome aboard!!!

:lmao:

At least you didn't mention the part about MDABE tapping his foot in the voting booth!

RenoZag
11-16-2007, 05:17 PM
Dickie V represents the rancid underbelly of the evil alliance between ESPN and the NCAA. They have conspired to promote teams in the Eastern Standard Time zone at the expense of others. . .they have inspired a cabal of athletic directors and university presidents who sacrifice their scruples for tv ratings, endorsement dollars, and preferred parking at major venues across the country. Dickie V and his minions have sold their souls to Myles Brand and are rank supplicants at the altar of amateurism, servile patrons of the Robert Montgomery Knight school of discipline, media mauling, and Haystack Calhoun chokeholds. . .

Sorry.

Too many hours in LA traffic earlier this week.

Welcome aboard, dnj116. . .

ZagNative
11-16-2007, 05:40 PM
Dickie V represents the rancid underbelly of the evil alliance between ESPN and the NCAA. They have conspired to promote teams in the Eastern Standard Time zone at the expense of others. . .they have inspired a cabal of athletic directors and university presidents who sacrifice their scruples for tv ratings, endorsement dollars, and preferred parking at major venues across the country. Dickie V and his minions have sold their souls to Myles Brand and are rank supplicants at the altar of amateurism, servile patrons of the Robert Montgomery Knight school of discipline, media mauling, and Haystack Calhoun chokeholds. . .

Bravo Reno. Very fancy way with words there, as well as some #####ly observations.

Edited to add. Hahaha! I love what the censor did with the word p.r.i.c.k.l.y.!!!

tyra
11-16-2007, 05:57 PM
Dickie V is a clown. It totally escapes me who it is exactly that finds him entertaining . . . But on the other hand, he is a very well paid clown.

SunDevilGolfZag
11-16-2007, 07:10 PM
After listening to Dickie V do the Memphis -UConn game tonight I feel like I don't want to watch another basketball game on TV the rest of the year. He makes me that sick of watching any game he's doing. I hope I feel different in the morning. :(

El Voce
11-16-2007, 07:20 PM
Well, it must be basketball season, as the totally predictable "No love from Dicky V" has popped up. Why does anyone possibly care? The man has proven year after year that he has no credibility, so why bother to even read his stuff?

I predict -- now that we've had the Dicky V thread -- that the "Zags should leave WCC" thread will pop up shortly.

ZagNative
11-16-2007, 07:26 PM
I predict -- now that we've had the Dicky V thread -- that the "Zags should leave WCC" thread will pop up shortly.

I can't quit laughing! :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

AnonyMoose
11-16-2007, 07:43 PM
Dick V. would say: Because I loves the team, baby! They are so fun to watch, with Marky Few at the helm of this program, they can't go wrong baby! I just love Duke so much baby! I want more BCS schools in there so we know they are the real deal! Oh, time for Hooters and Digorno!

MedZag
11-16-2007, 08:22 PM
Dukie V is just upset cause Mark Few doesn't put out.

Glad we have a coach with some self respect, unlike the brothel on the corner *cough*ACC*cough*

ZagSauce
11-16-2007, 11:55 PM
If dook had a playmaker like pargo on their squad then we could rest assured that dick v would finally HAVE that aneurism on press row. could you imagine the load of poo dickie v would have made in his trousers if pargo was in duke blue when he dunked over that stiff from Montana.. its mind bottling to think about