PDA

View Full Version : Are there online courses at Gonzaga? Questions...

gozagswoohoo
11-16-2007, 01:13 PM
How can I become an alum of GU? If I took 1 online course and passed, would that make me alumni of Gonzaga? Or would I actually have to graduate from there?

former1dog
11-16-2007, 02:48 PM
How can I become an alum of GU? If I took 1 online course and passed, would that make me alumni of Gonzaga? Or would I actually have to graduate from there?

Yep, ya gotta have a degree to be an alum. I'll get to work on lobbying to get you an honorary degree, how's that?

English Lit. seems about right, considering all the creative writing you do here on the site.

Birddog
11-16-2007, 06:09 PM
Hold on there F1. Here is the definition of "alumnus".

i
1. a graduate or former student of a specific school, college, or university.
2. a former associate, employee, member, or the like: He invited all the alumni of the library staff to the party.

Birddog

former1dog
11-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Bird,

If Woo Hoo takes an online course and you want to call him an alum, that's good enough for me.

Get 'er done!

:)

gozagswoohoo
11-17-2007, 08:51 AM
Bird,

If Woo Hoo takes an online course and you want to call him an alum, that's good enough for me.

Get 'er done!

:)

woohoo! I'm excited. Now...I need to find the cheapest course there is. Any ideas? former? bird?

Maybe a cooking class or something?

Birddog
11-17-2007, 10:21 AM

Hold on there again F1, don't go putting words into my mouth. I was merely pointing out that an "Alum" in the strictest sense of the word is not necessarily a graduate.

Although many seem to appreciate Woohoo's posts, so far I don't recall any that made me think Woohoo was the product of a Jesuit education or much if any reasoning that could be termed Jesuitical. I must be honest here, Woohoo isn't alone in this paucity of "Jesuitness". I do admire his honesty and his goal, but somehow taking a correspondence or online course in "Cooking" doesn't seem like it would give him the real ticket. If he was able to take a Philosophy course I might view things differently.

Woohoo, you need to aim higher.

Birddog

gozagswoohoo
11-17-2007, 11:30 AM
Hold on there again F1, don't go putting words into my mouth. I was merely pointing out that an "Alum" in the strictest sense of the word is not necessarily a graduate.

Although many seem to appreciate Woohoo's posts, so far I don't recall any that made me think Woohoo was the product of a Jesuit education or much if any reasoning that could be termed Jesuitical. I must be honest here, Woohoo isn't alone in this paucity of "Jesuitness". I do admire his honesty and his goal, but somehow taking a correspondence or online course in "Cooking" doesn't seem like it would give him the real ticket. If he was able to take a Philosophy course I might view things differently.

Woohoo, you need to aim higher.

Birddog

ouch Bird... :confused: :(

kitzbuel
11-17-2007, 12:06 PM
WooHoo

Here is a different option that might help:

Online Link (http://halo3face.ytmnd.com/)

gozagswoohoo
11-17-2007, 12:51 PM
WooHoo

Here is a different option that might help:

Online Link (http://halo3face.ytmnd.com/)

ouch kitz! Rick Roll'd!!! NOOOOOOOOOO! Why me??? Why meeeeee?!?!

BobZag
11-21-2007, 05:36 PM
I've heard that online courses at Gonzaga will become a bigger and more diverse area of education, and everyone taking online courses will be a part of the total enrollment.