• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brasszag
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Feb 2007

Bilas Chat extracts

Hank (Bowling Green): Will the Hiltoppers of Western Kentucky make some noise against BCS conference teams like Gonzaga, Tennessee, Nebraska?

Jay Bilas: They can, but it will be tough. Courtney Lee is the real thing, and will be a pro. DJ Magley brings some size, and I really like Tyrone Brazelton. Tennessee will be a tall order, but I can see a WKU win in one of the others. Darrin Horn is really good.
    and
    Ben (Spokane): In response to Hank's question when did Gonzaga join a BCS conference?

Jay Bilas: Lighten up, Francis. It could be seen as a compliment to the Zag program, too. Look at the glass as half full. If I were at Jack and Dan's, the glass would be all empty, I can promise you that.
    Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.
    There's no such thing as "garbage time" - there's only the time to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

That is what is best about being a Zag.
  • lothar98zag
    PostPadder General
    • Feb 2007

youtube - "The Runner"

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2013

Dumbing down the internet, one post at a time

Foo Fantasy Football Champ 2011

Comment

• drnoe
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

Buuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrp

Comment

• D Hark 2003
        Kennel Club Material
        • Feb 2007

Jay Bilas is a pretty cool guy. Besides that fact that he almost always has high praise for GU, I ran into him at a beachside bar in Maui during the Maui invite a couple years ago, and talked to him for a while. He is a real nice guy and seems pretty down to Earth. Seems like he really likes the GU program. I always hold his opinions in high regard, he seems to be spot on a lot with his analysis most of the time. I'd like to see him at Jack and Dan's sometime having a cold one.
        GO ZAGS

Comment

• AnonyMoose
          Kennel Club Material
          • Oct 2007

Why is it that every national comlumnist or broadcaster think everybody goes to Jack and Dan's? As if the entire fanbase goes there EVERY game. Oh well, at lease Neil says Dick's and Jack and Dan's.

Comment

• VinnyZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

In my day ....

We used to go to the Bulldog.

And Jack and Dan's.

and Ichabod's ...

Comment

• AnonyMoose
              Kennel Club Material
              • Oct 2007

Obviously not, in fact, the whole entire Kennel Club lives in Jack and Dan's. Imagine it like Cheers, but only with 500,000 people in there.

Comment

• maineblackbear
                Kennel Club Material
                • Feb 2007

gotta love the "Stripes" reference-- funny movie. GU has earned its well, stripes, and belongs in a category of at least 'other' in between BCS and mid-major. Sometimes the Jack and Dan's references among the paparazzi seem forced-- as if they appear to be in the know.... But I bet it hasn't hurt J & D's business.....

Comment

• AnonyMoose
                  Kennel Club Material
                  • Oct 2007

No, because some tourist goes, "I want to learn their culture, so let us go in this alcoholic establishment." XD

Comment

• brasszag
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Feb 2007

The Bulldog was my bar of choice actually.
                    There's no such thing as "garbage time" - there's only the time to crush your enemies, to see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentations of their women.

That is what is best about being a Zag.

Comment

• MedZag
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

I always went to J&Ds to watch away games (you should have seen the place when Mo hit that shot against Ok State - pandemonium), but the bulldog was my watering hole of choice before games (when we werent throwing down shots or beers at home). Nothing like pitchers of PBR before a home game.
                      Training Grounds: Rambling Thoughts of a Surgical Resident
                      You can tell whether a man is clever by his answers. You can tell whether a man is wise by his questions. -Siddhartha Gautama

Comment

• DoggieDogpound
                        Kennel Club Material
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by AnonyMoose View Post
                        Why is it that every national comlumnist or broadcaster think everybody goes to Jack and Dan's? As if the entire fanbase goes there EVERY game. Oh well, at lease Neil says Dick's and Jack and Dan's.
                        I think there were a couple of guys my last year at GU who spent more time at Jack & Dan's than they did in class.
                        "You can observe a lot just by watching"
                        Yogi Berra

Comment

• zag69
                          Kennel Club Material
                          • Feb 2007

Joey's and those gallon jugs of beer you could take down to the riverside by campus....What were they, a buck and a half? This was back in the day... for you kids. But you shouldn't be doing that stuff now.

Comment

Working...
                          X