PDA

View Full Version : TV for UC Riverside game

heavyzag
11-15-2007, 11:03 AM
We will be in Anchorage Saturday awaiting the start of the Shootout, does anyone know if there is a way to watch the game against Riverside?

Heavy.

lothar98zag
11-15-2007, 11:46 AM
see here: http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/showthread.php?t=6302

Looks like FCS-Pacific

Akzag
11-15-2007, 11:54 AM
Yo Heavy! ...

Are you staying at a hotel ... or with friends/family?

It looks like the game is on FCS - Pacific. Sometimes, the local FSNW inexplicably does pick up the Pacific feed. I should be able to tell you for sure tomorrow. If it is not, I can give you a list of bars to try. Then, your biggest (satellite-equipped bar) competition is going to be against any late college football games and their fans.

heavyzag
11-15-2007, 11:57 AM
We are staying at a hotel, so any potential bars that might have it would be great.

USMC69
11-15-2007, 12:15 PM
Hey Heavy, when I used to stay in Anchorage at the Millennium, they always had the GU games on in the bar. There is also a big screen in the lobby that hardly ever gets used. AKzag can probably turn you on to other establishments.

GO ZAGS.

Pure
11-15-2007, 06:52 PM
We are staying at a hotel, so any potential bars that might have it would be great.

If you get very desperate.. I have a slingbox.. Only one person can access it at a time.. so PM me and I will give you the details......

and NO i do not have ESPNU... so Im stuck on this one also.

Akzag
11-16-2007, 10:47 AM
No GU-Riverside on FSN in Anchorage. Get thee to a bar. Depending on which hotel you are at, you might be able to swing that. Make friends early and often with the barkeep.

Otherwise, the most likely place to try would be the Peanut Farm. It is a ten-fifteen minute cab ride out of downtown, so it also depends what hotel (area of town) you are at ... but they have 70 screens and the capabilities to show several different games at once. Most of the others I can think of are limited to two or three games at one time, and with three college football games competing ... it might get difficult. That is where previous congregations of Zag fans have gone, so you might bump into some fellow zealots there.

Feel free to PM me if you need some more recommendations.

heavyzag
11-16-2007, 03:15 PM
I know the Peanut Farm well. Hopefully we can break away from family commitments for a couple hours.

Akzag
11-16-2007, 04:32 PM
No GU-Riverside on FSN in Anchorage.

I should clarify that statement a little. It is not on FSN which is in all of the basic cable packages. The FCS stations are like #301-303 , which are included on "variety" digital packages - so do check with your hotel first - unless you "need" an excuse to visit the Farm and the neighboring Bush Company.