• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • zagdontzig
    Zag for Life
    • Mar 2016

2022 Prospect announcing July 28?

I don’t suppose any of you pleasant faces who ran off at least two good sources could enlighten the rest of us as to what the heck this is about?
    Originally posted by Reborn
    Go Zags!!!
    Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor
  • OntZags
    Professional Zag Fan
    • Jan 2017

Appears to be an MSU lock. GU figures to just be window dressing here, though I do recall Caldwell mentioning interest a while back.

Big time prospect, though. Really a 5 star prospect but Canadian based kids don't get ranked by many services.

Izzo crushing it lately. Got what is considered to be the best prospect since like Lebron in Bates, signed another 5 star guard in Christie and now appears to have a 5 star big into the fold, too. Would love to get a home & home going with them in 2021/2022.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

GU not even on his short list. Hilarious that he suddenly acquires his 5th star after word gets out he’s a Cry Me a River Izzo lock. What a joke.

Comment

• OntZags
        Professional Zag Fan
        • Jan 2017

Originally posted by jazzdelmar View Post
        GU not even on his short list. Hilarious that he suddenly acquires his 5th star after word gets out he’s a Cry Me a River Izzo lock. What a joke.

https://www.theonlycolors.com/2020/7...commitment-day
        I can assure you it has nothing to do with Izzo. He didn't just magically get a 5th star. 247 is the only one that ranks non-U.S. based players and they already had him as a 5 star.

ESPN doesn't rank Canadians unless they play stateside and I think Rivals gave him a 4 star but no numerical ranking.

I just hope the Zags schedule MSU in 2021, especially if Bates/Boakye reclassify.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by OntZags View Post
          I can assure you it has nothing to do with Izzo. He didn't just magically get a 5th star. 247 is the only one that ranks non-U.S. based players and they already had him as a 5 star.

ESPN doesn't rank Canadians unless they play stateside and I think Rivals gave him a 4 star but no numerical ranking.

I just hope the Zags schedule MSU in 2021, especially if Bates/Boakye reclassify.
          I’m not that naive. Please read this article again.

Before today Boakye was a four-star on the fringe of earning that coveted fifth star, and he finally got it today on 247Sports. Now ranked as the No. 18 player in his class, his addition to the 2022 class would be massive as he would join (for now) Emoni Bates. I say “for now” because not only Bates is a prime candidate for reclassification, but so is Boakye.

Comment

• OntZags
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Jan 2017

I’m not that naive. Please read this article again.
            My bad but I couldve sworn I've seen him as a 5 star before but it might have been a Canadian service/article.

Either way, I'm sure it has nothing to do with who he is committing to. He was #21 on 247 prior to yesterday's update and I guess was the highest 4 star. If anything, it's simply that he is committing this week during a slow news period. Jazz up the headline with 5 instead of 4 stars.

Either way, in my lowly estimation, he's full value for 5 stars, especially on the defensive end.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by OntZags View Post
              My bad but I couldve sworn I've seen him as a 5 star before but it might have been a Canadian service/article.

Either way, I'm sure it has nothing to do with who he is committing to. He was #21 on 247 prior to yesterday's update and I guess was the highest 4 star. If anything, it's simply that he is committing this week during a slow news period. Jazz up the headline with 5 instead of 4 stars.

Either way, in my lowly estimation, he's full value for 5 stars, especially on the defensive end.
              Don’t be so hard on yourself, Ont. I was not criticizing you but rather pointing out the hypocrisy of the rating system. If the kid had signed with Iona or Pep his rating probably have been lowered. Case in point, after Julian and Harris signed with GU they had spectacular senior seasons and their ratings were largely stuck in amber. Only Suggs held on to his lofty perch. But if some four star signs with Koach or Mr Crocodile Tears in East Lansing and they get a big bump.

Comment

• gonstu
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

Don’t be so hard on yourself, Ont. I was not criticizing you but rather pointing out the hypocrisy of the rating system. If the kid had signed with Iona or Pep his rating probably have been lowered. Case in point, after Julian and Harris signed with GU they had spectacular senior seasons and their ratings were largely stuck in amber. Only Suggs held on to his lofty perch. But if some four star signs with Koach or Mr Crocodile Tears in East Lansing and they get a big bump.
                Iona's head coach might actually be worth a half star bump to the recruiting gurus now. I tried to think of a cute nickname for him but thought I'd leave that to you jazz as you have a talent for it

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gonstu View Post
                  Iona's head coach might actually be worth a half star bump to the recruiting gurus now. I tried to think of a cute nickname for him but thought I'd leave that to you jazz as you have a talent for it
                  Yea, I plumb forgot about Coach Extra Virgin Olive Oil.

Comment

• FloridaZagFan
                    Bleeds GU Blue
                    • May 2019

Coach EVOO. That was great!

Comment

• gonstu
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

I knew there was a reason we keep you around jazz. You did not disappoint with this one.

Comment

• 23dpg
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Can you find that at an Italian restaurant? Asking for a friend.
                        Maybe I’ll just google Pitino and Italian restaurant.
                        Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                          Zag for Life
                          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                          Can you find that at an Italian restaurant? Asking for a friend.
                          Maybe I’ll just google Pitino and Italian restaurant.
                          Coach EVOO has come full circle from one small, ambitious, feisty RC program — PC — to another, Iona College. With many far more glamorous stops along the way. Still, a great, great coach. Warts an all, the Italian Larry Brown.

Comment

• ZagsTilDeath
                            Bulldog Fan
                            • Apr 2020

Committed to Michigan State, as expected

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

I thought we were talking about Houstan.

Comment

Working...
                              X