PDA

View Full Version : New to the Boards.

Zagme-totheleft!
11-14-2007, 11:16 AM
Greetings GU basketball fanatics!

Im new to this forum and thought what better way to introduce myself than with a new thread! Im currently a junior at GU but cant see any games because Im studying abroad. Glad to finally be a part of this prestigious forum!

Can anyone post on YouTube the ESPN top 10 with Larry and Pargo?

lothar98zag
11-14-2007, 11:18 AM
welcome!

fyi - some former GIF zags (last year or the yr b4) got some stateside help and were able to watch many of the games live or almost live. maybe you'll be as lucky...

drnoe
11-14-2007, 11:19 AM
Welcome to the board. Watch out for woohoo!

former1dog
11-14-2007, 11:22 AM
Welcome to the board. Hope you're enjoying yourself overseas.

Woo Hoo will be along shortly to properly welcome you to the board. :D

Zagme-totheleft!
11-14-2007, 11:25 AM
who is this woohoo? is a person on this forum?

RenoZag
11-14-2007, 12:03 PM
who is this woohoo? is a person on this forum?

Woo Hoo is indeed a fine person on this board and is the semi-official ambassador to all newcomers. . .

HillBillyZag
11-14-2007, 12:04 PM
is WooHooFoo.

Akzag
11-14-2007, 12:08 PM
Welcome Home!

(two posts = three rep thingys ! ... damn, you're good)

JAGzag
11-14-2007, 12:14 PM
Glad to finally be a part of this prestigious forum!

Am I in the right place?

94zagoldwomanasherdsmen
11-14-2007, 12:15 PM
Am I in the right place?

Well, I was wondering the same thing!

J/K

Welcome aboard, ask woohoo about the rules and go neg rep Uber, he likes it.

Rubbadub
11-14-2007, 12:28 PM
Can't wait for another woohoo introduction..... :)

Welcome to the board btw.

Go here (http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8) often!

harryzag
11-14-2007, 12:44 PM
I was in Florence all last year and we were able to watch all the games live when we were not traveling. My dad hooked up a device called slingbox which sends a live television feed to your computer. The quality is not great, but it is better than nothing. Waking up at 5 in the morning and then going to class makes for some pretty long days, but itís worth it to watch the Zags. Here is the link to their website.

slingbox.com

And donít worry about tournament time. Most every bar in Europe with a TV will be showing the tournament games.

Rubbadub
11-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Howard Stern was talking about his Slingbox the other day, said he loved it.

gozagswoohoo
11-14-2007, 01:15 PM
SORRY FOLKS! I've been out of town, but fear not, for I have returned!!!

WELCOME Zagme-totheleft! Allow myself to introduce....myself....

I am woohoo, aka WooMacheyHoo.

I'm pretty much the coolest guy on this board when it comes to making paper sculptures. Everyone refers to me as "Paper Machey Boy", because I once constructed a replica of the Titanic going up the elevator of the Empire State Building. It was like 11 feet tall. I also made a toaster oven out of paper too. You have to be careful when you make electronics out of paper though, sometimes they catch on fire if you light a box of matches and set it under the paper sculpture (I found out the hard way...). But that is the only time I caught one of my sculptures on fire though, although many of my creations have been destroyed by various means of foolishness. For example, one time Renozag was sitting on one of my famous Paper Love Seats, and he sharted. The moistness bled through to the chair, which compromised its strength. It now sags right in the middle of the seat...which stinks, because I really liked that chair. Then last year, former1dog was borrowing one of my paper machey replica's of Punky Brewster...and turns out the edges of the statue were a little raw, and gave this blowup doll he owns a nasty paper cut, causing the blowup doll to de-flate. I ended up having to pay for the blowup doll...those things aren't cheap! Anyways, I will have to tell you more of the stories later, but I just wanted to say "WELCOME"!

ZagNative
11-14-2007, 01:24 PM
Zagme-totheleft!, you have been the recipient of possibly the finest "Welcome" yet composed by our own Woohoo, who has truly outdone himself this time. Amazing!

drnoe
11-14-2007, 01:31 PM
Outstanding intro! If Soleil Moon Frye were to read this, she'd become a Zag fan...either that, or she'd start stalking woohoo.

Zagme-totheleft!
11-14-2007, 02:09 PM
I am truly honored to be welcomed into this forum. Woohoo, you surprised me and yet I had been told previously that your welcome would be less than surprising. I appreciate the reception that I have recieved and hope that it will only continue.

gozagswoohoo
11-14-2007, 02:12 PM
I am truly honored to be welcomed into this forum. Woohoo, you surprised me and yet I had been told previously that your welcome would be less than surprising. I appreciate the reception that I have recieved and hope that it will only continue.

No problem! Glad to have you aboard! I have to ask though, what is the story behind your username? It's pretty cool.

Lurknomore
11-14-2007, 03:26 PM
WooHoo, Just reading that made me think you might be a JR. Bowser wannabe... good job!

MEZAG
11-14-2007, 05:19 PM
Wow, Wohoo! I rarely post, often lurk. I must say that brought a tear to my eye.

GDaleZag
11-14-2007, 05:27 PM
Zagme

If you're in Florence, the Red Garter will have the tourney running at all hours, but you better get your seats in advance. (thats where we watched the final four last year) You'll also be sure to meet plenty of other students rooting for their respective teams. Pretty good atmosphere around tourney time for being so far away.

I believe the Astor bar also plays NFL games on sundays. little pricey if i remember correctly though.

Hope you don't miss too many zag games.

gozagswoohoo
11-14-2007, 06:19 PM
WooHoo, Just reading that made me think you might be a JR. Bowser wannabe... good job!

I LOVE Bowser! But nah... I just want to be woohoo...

Zagme-totheleft!
11-15-2007, 03:00 AM
No problem! Glad to have you aboard! I have to ask though, what is the story behind your username? It's pretty cool.

well i found it to be quite creative myself, not to toot my own horn or anything. maybe we should get to know each other a little bit more before i tell you the genius behind the name.

glad you enjoy it :)