PDA

View Full Version : Larry G

NanookZag
02-20-2007, 08:55 AM
Walking into the game last night, Larry was in front of us. When he got to the door, he opened it and held it open for a bunch of people. With as much bad luck has this young man has had, I was impressed with his action and courtesies and so were the other people that entered with us. I wish him nothing but the best, even if he cannot come back because of his health.

D Hark 2003
02-20-2007, 09:03 AM
Has anyone heard what the Deal is with LG? I know his back is hurt and he may not be able to come back, has anyone heard anything recently about his situation?

ZagAddict
02-20-2007, 06:53 PM
I don't have any news regarding Larry G. that hasn't already been discussed, but I hope to see him in a Zag uniform for the next 3 years. I've always liked Larry's game and heart. He could easily become my favorite Zag. He would have been a huge difference maker this year with his athletic ability and defensive skills. The Zags would have been able to play a lot more pressure defense that would have created headaches for many schools we played this year. Bouldin has played a lot of minutes at the 3 this year, but Larry G. would have added that explosive element on both sides of the ball. I hope we get a chance to see him play next year...

KNIGHT22RIMROKR
02-20-2007, 08:44 PM
I Read That He Has An Issue With A Disk In His Back. Potentially Could Be Re-injured And Cause Him Long Term Damage. Don't Know How True It Is. Playing At This Point Could Risk His Career.

youreachiteach
02-20-2007, 09:23 PM
LG is healthy to play now, redshirting was the smart move for him because it was a bad injury. I would love to see him at the 3 spot covering guys...

Not sure how the staff see's him for next yr.

CDC84
02-20-2007, 09:38 PM
LG is healthy to play now, redshirting was the smart move for him because it was a bad injury.

There are lots of stories floating around about the severity of the injury, but I have heard nothing about him being healthy enough to play in organized games. The concern, from what I gather, is what might happen if he reinjures the area - which of course can easily happen in practice or in an organized game. But when it comes to walking around, doing basic cardio, getting out of bed, etc., that end of it is okay. It's kind of a wait and see deal beyond that.

Everything NanookZag said about LG is true. He's a true gent.

JLGutrocks
02-21-2007, 08:52 AM
YRIT,

Where'd you hear Larry was ready? You got the inside scoop? Give us the details. You sure know a lot. Are you an insider?

JLGutrocks
02-21-2007, 12:06 PM
bump to get my question answered

youreachiteach
02-21-2007, 12:14 PM
I've heard that Larry G is healthy and practising. Is he ready to play in a game tommorow nite? Dont think so. He's missed the whole yr and his cardio and timing are obviously way off. He is a great kid and a great teamate! I love the way he cheers on the bench for his team.

When it comes to back injuries, you should take extra recovery time.

Vanzagger
02-21-2007, 01:50 PM
I believe over 90% people with back conditions can cure themselves. No drugs or surgery or phisical therapy.

Everyone has bad disks and pinched nerves ect. Five years ago I couldn't get out of bed and walk to the phone. Sunday I was up at 49degrees North snow boarding.

I will never fear back pain again. I know the pain is real. But for me it's gone forever. Every time I hear about an athlete having back surgery I cringe(sorry to any surgeons out there).

Anyone who is desperate take a chance and Buy the book...HEALING BACK PAIN The mind-Body Connection

UberZagFan
02-21-2007, 04:30 PM
I Read That He Has An Issue With A Disk In His Back. Potentially Could Be Re-injured And Cause Him Long Term Damage. Don't Know How True It Is. Playing At This Point Could Risk His Career.Why are the first letters of every word in this post capiltalized? Just curious.

RenoZag
02-21-2007, 04:35 PM
Why are the first letters of every word in this post capiltalized? Just curious.

Perhaps it was a cut and paste from MS Word and that's what GUB did to the font ?

bulldogshawn
02-21-2007, 04:37 PM
Agree with CDC here, I have a VERY hard time believing LG is ready to play at this point. If he were, there's no way he'd be wearing street clothes before the game. Remember, Theo was going to redshirt and he always had on warm-ups before the game and even participated in pregame warmups. LG wears the polo, khaki's and dress shoes and just rebounds or helps with the 3 man weave drill.

KNIGHT22RIMROKR
02-21-2007, 04:53 PM
Why are the first letters of every word in this post capiltalized? Just curious.

curios, the caps lock was on when i typed it. that is how it turned out.