PDA

View Full Version : Blocked shots

Section 116
11-13-2007, 07:56 PM
Anybody know the record for blocked shots in a game by a Zag? Daye was credited with six blocks tonight and I have to believe that is a record. In perusing the media guide I can't seem to find a stat for blocks in a game, other than NCAA tournament games. Ronny is the season leader at 59 and Casey is close behind at 57 but under individual game stats I don't see blocks. Any help out there?

zag67
11-13-2007, 08:06 PM
One of the TV anouncers said that Ronny had 7 blocks in one game. But you have to agree that Austin and Robert are something else as far as the blocks are concerned (and as a team they had 10). Also that Micah and Larry were something else with the steals (and as a team they had 12). This team is doing a super job at the defensive end of the court.

lothar98zag
11-14-2007, 04:00 PM
http://www.spokesmanreview.com/blogs/sportslink/archive/?postID=6424#more

--Austin Daye's six blocks put him in good company with a couple of teammates. Last year, Abdullahi Kuso blocked six versus Duke and Heytvelt swatted six against Pepperdine. Ronny Turiaf had six-block games in '05 and '03. Cory Violette also blocked six in '02 vs. LMU.

--GU blocked 10 Vandal shots, one off the school record. The Bulldogs have had 11 blocks four times, the most recent in Feb., 2005, against Portland.