• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

The new Bracketology is out. Zags still #1 seed in West 2/24/20

Wow! How cool is this? After all of the worrying (which seems to create negative attitudes) by so many, the Zags are still #1 in the West and San Diego is still #1 in the East. Oh! And Duke is still #2 in the East. Maryland, because they lost remain a 2 seed in MId West and also allowed San Diego to remain #1 in East. It was a really weird weekend with so many of the top teams falling. This seems to happen just about every year toward the end of the season. Lunardi has Florida St as the 2 in the West. Ha ha ha! It seems like we play Florida St every year in the NCAA Tournament. He also had Creighton as the 3. I'd love to play them in the West Finals (Elite 8). Oregon and Michigan are the 4 and 5 in the West. BYU is not a 6 seed. If they do well in the Conference Tournament they could end up a 5 seed.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • ZagOD7540
    Kennel Club
    • Jan 2016

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
    Wow! How cool is this? After all of the worrying (which seems to create negative attitudes) by so many, the Zags are still #1 in the West and San Diego is still #1 in the East. Oh! And Duke is still #2 in the East. Maryland, because they lost remain a 2 seed in MId West and also allowed San Diego to remain #1 in East. It was a really weird weekend with so many of the top teams falling. This seems to happen just about every year toward the end of the season. Lunardi has Florida St as the 2 in the West. Ha ha ha! It seems like we play Florida St every year in the NCAA Tournament. He also had Creighton as the 3. I'd love to play them in the West Finals (Elite 8). Oregon and Michigan are the 4 and 5 in the West. BYU is not a 6 seed. If they do well in the Conference Tournament they could end up a 5 seed.

Go Zags!!!
    Would want no part of Creighton right now. They bomb away with even more shooters than the LDS. We need to shore up our defensive rotations before tourney time

Comment

• Reborn
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by ZagOD7540 View Post
      Would want no part of Creighton right now. They bomb away with even more shooters than the LDS. We need to shore up our defensive rotations before tourney time
      I like playing Creighton. I always have. I enjoyed all the times we've played them. I like their coach a lot. I believe Creighton is a Catholic school. Is it?
      Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!

Comment

• SorenTodd45
        Banned
        • Jan 2019

One more loss by the Aztecs should drop them down to the 2 line. I'm hoping that happens; it will set up a possible matchup between the Zags and SDSU at Staples Center (of which I will be attending March Madness in person, no matter who is playing).

Comment

• sullyzag66
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

The new Bracketology is out. Zags still #1 seed in West 2/24/20

Originally posted by Reborn View Post
          I like playing Creighton. I always have. I enjoyed all the times we've played them. I like their coach a lot. I believe Creighton is a Catholic school. Is it?
          It’s Jesuit, so some might question...[emoji6]

Comment

• ZagNative
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Link: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology

Comment

• zagzilla
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Interesting bracket. Couple of other thoughts....

Michigan or Oregon lurking in the Sweet 16 here won't be easy.

I expect to see more "upsets" as conference play turns to the second games vs opponents. In a re-match, some schools will knock off teams that beat them in the first go round (like BYU did). Oregon and Michigan would also be rematches too.

ZZ

Comment

• sittingon50
                Zag for Life
                • Feb 2007

You think the Gaels would like SD State in Sacramento?
                But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• CDC84
                  Super Moderator
                  • Feb 2007

I have talked with two bracketologists. Both said if the Zags win out, they are the #1 seed in the west, REGARDLESS of what anyone else does. Nothing to worry about. Also, there's a very good chance they could be the third number one seed. If they lose, they could STILL get a one seed, but certain things would have to happen, and loss needs to occur in the WCC final vs. BYU or SMC. However, they don't want to mess around with this. The Zags control their own destiny. There are four games left. They need to look at it like San Diego/SMC is the first weekend of the NCAA tourney, and the two WCC tourney games are the sweet 16/elite 8.

Comment

• Zagdawg
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Heat Check CBB
                    @HeatCheckCBB
                    ·
                    Feb 23
                    Best four wins based on opponent NET ranking:

Gonzaga — 9 (A), 14 (H), 19 (N), 31 (A)
                    San Diego State — 11 (N), 14 (A), 27 (N), 39 (H/A)
                    Duke — 1 (N), 12 (H), 13 (A), 55 (N)
                    Dayton — 31 (N), 36 (H), 48 (A), 57 (H/A)

Comment

• Section 116
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Seeding Duke a problem for the NCAA: https://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa...t1l4ymunuec4i9

Comment

• jazzdelmar
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

There will be absolutely no problem. The chair of the selection committee is the AD at Duke. Of course he will pretend to recuse himself to go out for a scotch. Hilarious kabuki dance is an annual rite by the CBS selection committee.

Comment

• RenoZag
                          Super Moderator
                          • Feb 2007

On tonight's CBS CBB wrap up show Seth Davis said:"Kansas and Gonzaga look like they are going into the tournament as the clear favorites and the #1 and # 2 overall seeds."

I hope he's saying the same thing the night of March 10th.
                          The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2008

Originally posted by RenoZag View Post
                            On tonight's CBS CBB wrap up show Seth Davis said:"Kansas and Gonzaga look like they are going into the tournament as the clear favorites and the #1 and # 2 overall seeds."

I hope he's saying the same thing the night of March 10th.
                            In the off season, I thought that there was little chance that GU would be as good as they have been. Even the preseason #8 ranking seemed liked a stretch. I was mentally preparing myself for some bad, head-scratcher losses and just enjoying the players and team without any expectations. I saw this as almost a placeholder year for the great recruiting class we having coming in next year. It should go without saying that I'm so happy that I was wrong. Granted, the overall talent is down this year in college basketball, but having an opportunity to go into the tournament as the #2 team in the nation is an amazing feat, any way you look at it.

Comment

Working...
                            X