• Show
Clear All
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Coach of the Year Late Season Watch List

Congratulations to Coach Few

STORY LINK: http://naismithtrophy.com/werner-lad...on-watch-list/
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas
  • CDC84
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Dutcher is gonna get it if SDSU goes unblemished.

Comment

• seacatfan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2014

Northern Iowa is in the Big 12 according to the Watch List. Interesting.

West Virginia is 7-6 in conference. How is Huggins on the late season Watch List?

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

With what coach Few lost and where the Zags stand today, I don't see how anyone else should even be in the running. I know San Diego State is undefeated, but they did not lose what the Zags did from last year.

Comment

• Hoopaholic
          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by TheOtherGreatOne View Post
          With what coach Few lost and where the Zags stand today, I don't see how anyone else should even be in the running. I know San Diego State is undefeated, but they did not lose what the Zags did from last year.
          Drew at Baylor is only other one in my opinion
          The ones that want to love us when we’re up & kick us when we’re down, screw off honestly. Drew Timme January 2023

Comment

• TheOtherGreatOne
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hoopaholic View Post
            Drew at Baylor is only other one in my opinion
            That is true. Coach Drew has really built that program from scratch.

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
              Zag for Life
              • Oct 2008

Who votes on coach of the year? If it’s coaches, the winner might not be Coach Drew, who has the reputation for being ethically questionable as a recruiter.

Comment

• MickMick
                Zag for Life
                • Apr 2007

Why would any GU fan concede this to any other coach?

This is Mark Few's best coaching ever. No one thought the team would be this successful. No one. Even Mark Few is surprised.
                I miss Mike Hart

Comment

• zag67
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2007

I agree that this is coach Fews best coaching and recruiting year. With what we lost to me it is unbelievable where we stand. That said I feel that Few, Baylor or San Diego state coaches should win. Go Zags

Comment

• JPtheBeasta
                    Zag for Life
                    • Oct 2008

I personally am rooting for anyone not named Scott Drew. He was sanctioned for impermissible texts and he has a reputation among coaches for being ethically challenged (including negative recruiting that was pervasive enough to draw the ire of Rick Barnes and Bob Knight.) I think that Drew was voted as one of the dirtiest coaches in a poll of other coaches. He might have changed, but any success he has comes with an asterisk by it, in my mind.

ETA: Rooting for Mark Few first and foremost. He has done an amazing job.

Comment

• seacatfan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2014

And now West Virginia is .500 in conference. Again, how the hell is Huggins on this list?

Comment

• RenoZag
                        Super Moderator
                        • Feb 2007

Jim Meehan's thoughts on WCC COY race:

LINK: https://www.spokesman.com/stories/20...wccs-individu/

Few has Gonzaga positioned for a No. 1 seed. He’s one of 15 finalists for Naismith Coach of the Year, but he has competition for the WCC’s coaching honor.

Pacific’s Damon Stoudamire has guided an unexpected turnaround with a revamped roster after finishing ninth in 2019. The fourth-place Tigers (21-9, 9-5) earned the program’s first 20-win season since 2013.

Mark Pope’s first year at BYU has produced impressive results. The Cougars are close to clinching second place. BYU ranks 14th in the NET rankings and has been projected as high as a six seed.

Some of Pope’s best work came during the offseason, convincing Childs to return for his senior season and bringing Jake Toolson aboard from his previous stop at Utah Valley.
                        The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• zagdontzig
                          Zag for Life
                          • Mar 2016

Anyone else surprised Mark Pope isn't on there?
                          Originally posted by Reborn
                          Go Zags!!!
                          Self-Proclaimed GIF Proprietor

Comment

Working...
                          X