PDA

View Full Version : Addition by subtraction

TRhyno
11-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Maybe, just maybe an early injury could be a blessing in disguise. I know none of us want Josh hurt. Since he is and no one can change that, it could help us in the long term. By Josh being out this will give Sacre some more playing time and just might help his development in Few's system. If Sacre can gets some quality PT and develop on his offensive and defensive skills, he could be a valuable asset later in the year. We could use a big body like his to help bang down low and muscle some other schools big men.

Just a positive thought.

drnoe
11-13-2007, 10:24 AM
By Josh being out this will give Sacre some more playing time and just might help his development in Few's system. If Sacre can gets some quality PT and develop on his offensive and defensive skills, he could be a valuable asset later in the year.

An experienced Sacre will provide much needed depth in February and March. It's still a darn shame GU won't be at full strength for the OOC portion of the schedule.

MickMick
11-13-2007, 10:54 AM
The problem is (as Gary Parrish points out) that the Zags front load there schedule to build a resume. At least (as Mark Few points out) the selection committee takes injuries into account.

tyra
11-13-2007, 12:17 PM
Of course, no one wants anyone injured (regardless of team) including our own. But except for seeding, I don't see where it matters terribly. We are shorthanded through the tough OOC schedule and presumably will not win as many . . . which the selection committee will take into account. But Josh and Steven will be back, we should win the conference and get our ticket to the dance and be at full strength when it matters. In the meantime, (OK, put this in the "making lemonade out of lemons) all those other players are going to get very valluable PT which will help them win it counts. Our glass is still half full!

roxdoc
11-13-2007, 12:18 PM
Trhyno - the only problem with your theory is that Sacre and Josh don't play the same position. Now if Kuso...please Lord no!

TRhyno
11-13-2007, 12:23 PM
Rox,

I agree that Sacre and Josh play different positions, but it still leaves an opening in the front line that Sacre could fill in. That is where he could get extra PT.