PDA

View Full Version : Gary Parrish article on Zags at CBSSports.com

CDC84
11-13-2007, 08:16 AM
http://www.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/10470780

ZaggyStardust
11-13-2007, 08:30 AM
Well, that certainly was an uplifting article for the morning!

hockeyzag
11-13-2007, 08:39 AM
Ya, what a bummer, although I wonder who Few sees as the team's top six. Gray, Heytvelt, and then I would have to guess it would be Pargo, Downs, Daye and Bouldin??

rennis
11-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Well, that certainly was an uplifting article for the morning!

werd. I feel like Parrish just peed in the Zags Cheerios.

CDC84
11-13-2007, 08:57 AM
If there were no injuries:

Starting 5:

Pargo
Bouldin
Downs
Pendo? Kuso?
Heytvelt

First Sub:

Gray

Few said during pregame and postgame interviews on Sunday that Steven Gray had been so brilliant in practice and in the Portland State scrimmage that he was seriously considering starting him. No joke folks. Keep in mind, he injured his hand very early on during the Emporia State game, so even though he played okay in that game, he wasn't healthy.

If you combine that with the fact that Steven's a freshman and the 3rd PG in the rotation (in an emergency), Few's disappointment with his absence is extremely evident.

The press is going to make more of the Heytvelt injury, but having Gray in the short term is more important than Josh because Gonzaga is going to win most of its games without Josh. Things will be tougher, but they can work around it for 5-6 weeks. Obviously, Gonzaga must have Josh in the long term if they want to advance deeply in the NCAA tourney.

But if either Pargo or Bouldin get injured, Few can't turn to Gray for the next 6 weeks or so. I don't even want to think about that scenario. I can understand why Few is worried. Nonetheless, they just have to forge ahead and get on with it.

Butler Guy
11-13-2007, 09:09 AM
is the best national college basketball writer and it's not even that close. Did you all see how he took to task the Coaches (SIDs), in this week's blog entry (http://www.sportsline.com/columns/weblogs/entry/10443993)?

TRhyno
11-13-2007, 09:55 AM
Booooooooooooooo!

Gary Parrish is Latin for idiot.

cggonzaga
11-13-2007, 10:33 AM
Thought it was a good and true article. However, we don't exactly have a bare cupboard. I would be shocked if we lost 7 games occ again this year. I see maybe 3 tops. My own personal opinion is we are a top 10 team without those 2 and a top 5 team with them.

We'll have to go back to smallball like the Bad News Bears, fighting and scrapping.

Meaning Sacre and Foster aren't ready.

CDC84
11-13-2007, 10:39 AM
It sounds like GU is going to be getting Theo back soon. I would assume his foot is healing up quite a bit. It would be nice to get him in the game on Saturday, and most certainly have him available for Alaska when the Zags will be playing 3 games in 3 days.

TheZagPhish
11-13-2007, 10:43 AM
http://dallasmorningviews.beloblog.com/archives/debbie_downer.jpg

TheZagPhish
11-13-2007, 10:45 AM
It sounds like GU is going to be getting Theo back soon. I would assume his foot is healing up quite a bit. It would be nice to get him in the game on Saturday, and most certainly have him available for Alaska when the Zags will be playing 3 games in 3 days.

Holy smoke that would be good news! Does this imply that his dad has stabilized?

former1dog
11-13-2007, 10:46 AM
Meaning Sacre and Foster aren't ready.

I think its apparent that ready or not, they'll be seeing some time.

As was noted in another thread, I don't think we'll see much from Will on the offensive end, but he definitely is a presence and is playing smart on the defensive end of the floor.

I can't honestly say much about Sacre yet other than he is thinking while on the floor rather than reacting and flowing freely within the offense and defense. He clearly needs to have the offense and defense committed to muscle memory so he isn't so deliberate.

CDC84
11-13-2007, 11:05 AM
From S-R:

Davis, TV update

Forward Theo Davis, who left the team last Thursday after his father suffered a stroke in Toronto, is expected to return to Spokane this afternoon.

Davis returns apparently with some good news on the home front. His father is said to be improving with a possibility of being released from the hospital next week.

It wasn't known if Davis will play in tonight's 5 p.m. game against Idaho.

cggonzaga
11-13-2007, 11:11 AM
I can't honestly say much about Sacre yet other than he is thinking while on the floor rather than reacting and flowing freely within the offense and defense. He clearly needs to have the offense and defense committed to muscle memory so he isn't so deliberate.

I think Ira might have an issue with that statement. The coaches have made it pretty clear that in order to get on the court you need to know the system first and foremost before you start roaming.

CDC, that's encouraging news about Theo. First I'm glad Dad is doing better and second, we really need him. He really impressed me in the blue and white scrimmage. He would give us a much needed rebounder inside.

Reborn
11-13-2007, 01:14 PM
I really like the Bad News Bears. They are the REAL overcomers.:D

Ezag
11-13-2007, 03:12 PM
:link:

rennis
11-13-2007, 03:18 PM
:link:

re-