PDA

View Full Version : Theo

JAGzag
11-13-2007, 08:03 AM
Saw this blurb on the GU site re Theo, sorry if it's already been posted:

"Gonzaga University redshirt freshman Theo Davis is expected to arrive back in Spokane Tuesday, but it's unknown if he'll suit up for Tuesday night's game against the University of Idaho. Davis went home last Thursday after his father suffered a stroke."

former1dog
11-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Thanks, that new news to me JAGzag.

BobZag
11-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Hopefully the antibiotics have killed that foot infection.

former1dog
11-13-2007, 09:44 AM
Bob,

Was Theo relatively fit and ready to go prior to the foot infection. I'm assuming he could be up to speed relatively quickly and seeing minutes if his foot is healed up?

El Voce
11-13-2007, 09:45 AM
Bob,

Was Theo relatively fit and ready to go prior to the foot infection. I'm assuming he could be up to speed relatively quickly and seeing minutes if his foot is healed up?

Theo played in the Blue and White scrimmage, so I assume he is at least relatively up to speed.

former1dog
11-13-2007, 09:48 AM
Was it an ingrown toe nail or something else? Does anyone know?

BobZag
11-13-2007, 09:54 AM
Was it an ingrown toe nail or something else? Does anyone know?

It was described as "a nasty infection." That's all I know.

ZagNative
11-13-2007, 10:00 AM
I recall seeing some place that it was a blister that got infected.

Edited to add link regarding blister. KHQ (http://www.kndu.com/Global/story.asp?S=7327701&nav=menu484_4_9)

GonzagaGurl08
11-13-2007, 10:00 AM
It was described as "a nasty infection." That's all I know.

How very descriptive of them. NOT!!!

jim77
11-13-2007, 10:47 AM
Someone needs to buy Theo some "mold skin" or duct tape.

Glad he's back!

former1dog
11-13-2007, 10:50 AM
I recall seeing some place that it was a blister that got infected.

Edited to add link regarding blister. KHQ (http://www.kndu.com/Global/story.asp?S=7327701&nav=menu484_4_9)

Must have been one heck of a blister, speaking as someone who has had (more) than his fair share of blisters.

Wow!

Make sure those shoes fit right, Theo. And watch those tape jobs, don't be afraid to make them do it over again.

Perhaps he needs to go down to the ROTC department and get a lesson in taking care of your feet?

MickMick
11-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Must have been one heck of a blister, speaking as someone who has had (more) than his fair share of blisters.

Wow!

Make sure those shoes fit right, Theo. And watch those tape jobs, don't be afraid to make them do it over again.

Perhaps he needs to go down to the ROTC department and get a lesson in taking care of your feet?

Ahh I recall boot camp. Let's march all day with a new pair of boots on. Always a long line at the med center. Lots of Podiatry experts employed as well.

Good advice 1dog

former1dog
11-13-2007, 11:16 AM
Ahh I recall boot camp. Let's march all day with a new pair of boots on. Always a long line at the med center. Lots of Podiatry experts employed as well.

Good advice 1dog

:D

I was lucky enough to get some good advice. When I was issued my first pair of combat boots, I filled the bath tub, sloshed around and then wore those boots until they were dry.

No blisters... Some hot spots, but I just made sure to keep dry socks on and occassionally powder my feet. (after the initial break in, that is)

Thanks Kitz and the rest for that good advice.

ZagMania
11-13-2007, 03:46 PM
Just heard on KGA that Theo is at the game and is warming up.

ZagNative
11-13-2007, 03:50 PM
Yeah for Theo!!!

former1dog
11-13-2007, 03:51 PM
Just heard on KGA that Theo is at the game and is warming up.

Great news! Thanks for sharing.

I'll temper my expectations. I won't expect him to play in this game, but who knows!?

brasszag
11-13-2007, 06:08 PM
Got his first NCAA points - been a long road.

USMC69
11-13-2007, 06:40 PM
:D

I was lucky enough to get some good advice. When I was issued my first pair of combat boots, I filled the bath tub, sloshed around and then wore those boots until they were dry.

No blisters... Some hot spots, but I just made sure to keep dry socks on and occassionally powder my feet. (after the initial break in, that is)

Thanks Kitz and the rest for that good advice.

That's what they had us do in the Corps. Soak em, lather them up with Dial soap (have no idea why Dial but that is what we had to use) and wear em till they dried. Most comfortable boots I can remember having. Don't think that will work on BB shoes though. Maybe he needs to make sure both feet are the same size. I remember a post earlier that DD has one 9 1/2 and one 10 1/2.

rawkmandale
11-13-2007, 08:17 PM
Theo looked mighty good on his one made shot - great body control. I'm happy for him.

I'll bet there will be many more made shots.

ZagNut08
11-13-2007, 08:43 PM
He looks like he should be a wing when he is out on the court. He showed great body control under the basket to get his one offensive rebound and putback. As he rounds back in to game shape he will definately help out inside.

He has been through a lot, glad he is finaly getting his time