• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Section 116
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Watson, Tillie injury update from Jim Meehan via Twitter

Anton Watson's shoulder popped out of place a couple times in the first half. Same one that he injured at Texas A&M. Killian Tillie sprained his ankle late, said he hopes to tough it out and play Wednesday.

Link: https://twitter.com/SRJimm
  • ZagRecruitWatch
    Kennel Club Alum
    • Jul 2019

Walking wounded team.

Comment

• strikenowhere
      Zag for Life
      • Sep 2009

Watson re-injuring that shoulder is no bueno...have to imagine he's going to be sitting for most of conference play. Hopefully nothing was torn.

Comment

• strikenowhere
        Zag for Life
        • Sep 2009

Originally posted by ZagRecruitWatch View Post
        Walking wounded team.
        All the more impressive what this team is doing.

Comment

• 23dpg
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by strikenowhere View Post
          Watson re-injuring that shoulder is no bueno...have to imagine he's going to be sitting for most of conference play. Hopefully nothing was torn.
          Agree. Even though we need him, there's no point in playing if it's going to keep popping out on him.

Of the 4 freshman I thought would get real minutes this year (Watson, Timme, Ravet, and Ballo), it might be down to just Timme.
          Birds aren’t real.

Comment

• Zagricultural
            Professional Zag Fan
            • Nov 2012

IMO it's time to start playing Arlauskas, and rest Watson for a while.

Comment

• zagamatic
              Zag for Life
              • Aug 2009

Personally, I'm hoping against all hope that somehow Ballo gets cleared to play. I know that it won't happen, but it sure would be nice

Comment

• ProVeeZag
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2011

Originally posted by 23dpg View Post
                Agree. Even though we need him, there's no point in playing if it's going to keep popping out on him.

Of the 4 freshman I thought would get real minutes this year (Watson, Timme, Ravet, and Ballo), it might be down to just Timme.
                Good observation ... and yet we keep on winning.
                "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
                —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• CB4
                  Zag for Life
                  • Feb 2009

Hopefully Tillies sprained ankle heals up. A breakout game for him against UNC on Wed would do wonders for his draft stock.

Comment

• CDC84
                    Super Moderator
                    • Feb 2007

I still cannot believe that this Gonzaga team is going to be hosting North Carolina on Wednesday on campus. A team who has made more final fours than any team ever. If you followed this program before 1999, you know what I mean.

Comment

• jbslicer
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                      I still cannot believe that this Gonzaga team is going to be hosting North Carolina on Wednesday on campus. A team who has made more final fours than any team ever. If you followed this program before 1999, you know what I mean.
                      It’s gonna be awesome.

Comment

• kitzbuel
                        • Feb 2007

Originally posted by CDC84 View Post
                        And, despite a raft of injuries, we are going to be favored.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
                        'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                        - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• Zagger
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2008

Originally posted by kitzbuel View Post
                          And, despite a raft of injuries, we are going to be favored.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
                          It sure helps when IMHO we have a Mike Hart bench.

Comment

• GonzagasaurusFlex
                            Zag for Life
                            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Section 116 View Post
                            Anton Watson's shoulder popped out of place a couple times in the first half. Same one that he injured at Texas A&M. Killian Tillie sprained his ankle late, said he hopes to tough it out and play Wednesday.

Link: https://twitter.com/SRJimm
                            Ughhh...I wonder if getting surgery to fix that shoulder and RS this year is now being considered. It’s not gong to heal if he keeps playing and it keeps popping out. Seems to me best option is think big picture; Watson only a frosh...get that shoulder fixed, heal up then start strengthening and getting ready for 2020-21 season.
                            Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• ZagBlue
                              Kennel Club Material
                              • Apr 2019

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
                              Ughhh...I wonder if getting surgery to fix that shoulder and RS this year is now being considered. It’s not gong to heal if he keeps playing and it keeps popping out. Seems to me best option is think big picture; Watson only a frosh...get that shoulder fixed, heal up then start strengthening and getting ready for 2020-21 season.
                              Yeah it should be an interesting and hopefully productive few weeks for Anton. After UNC, we have 2 games over 15 days against lesser opponents. I would imagine Anton will focus significantly on rehab and strengthening his shoulder during that stretch which couldn’t come at a better time for him. We should have a good idea come January 2 conference game as to what exactly this will look like moving forward this season.

Comment

Working...
                              X