PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the...

kylasdad
02-19-2007, 08:10 PM
Few haters?

In my opinion, if Zags win WCC or WCC tourney, Few should be considered for WCC Coach of the Year. How many teams/coaches could recover without their star big man and all the controversy that it brought? Amazing job coaches and players.

former1dog
02-19-2007, 08:12 PM
Although I agree with your post, I doubt that it won't go to Davey. His team is set to win the reg season WCC title plus he's the sentimental choice.

I wouldn't quarrel with Davey as the winner for this season.

RenoZag
02-19-2007, 08:31 PM
Are the POY and COY awards voted on before the WCC Tourney? If so, I think Davey will win going away (double entendre noted)

Easy3
02-19-2007, 08:41 PM
They are normally announced right before the tourney.

zagirl2k
02-19-2007, 09:18 PM
I think Davey should get it not only for his team having a great year, but for all the years he put in at Santa Clara.

Birddog
02-20-2007, 06:34 AM
I think Davey should get it not only for his team having a great year, but for all the years he put in at Santa Clara.
I understand your reason, and it will probably color the voters decision as well. but the award is for Coach of the YEAR, not years. That said, he probably deserves it this year anyway.

Birddog

mtzaga
02-20-2007, 06:55 AM
I voted No. Davey will win it.

ReluctantSpokie
02-20-2007, 07:00 AM
Any coach who beats the zags for the WCC title, regardless of any off the court problems, deserves COY, IMHO.

23dpg
02-20-2007, 07:02 AM
I also voted no, but don't ever confuse me with a Few hater. What he has done here is truly remarkable. If he ever does leave, his presence will be missed and his era will be almost impossible to match.

cair3
02-20-2007, 07:20 AM
this is the one year in recent history i see that few should not win since Dick Davey has really done something

D Hark 2003
02-20-2007, 07:45 AM
Davey will win it for sure, he has had a great career, and an excellent year. He has gotten a lot out of his team with little talent that = Great Coaching.

I would like to add that i am not a few hater either, you cant hate a man for having an 80% career winning percentage.

SammamiZag
02-20-2007, 08:13 PM
Davey should win it, even if it isn't his last year - SCU is having one of its best seasons in a long time!

SportsWriter2007
02-20-2007, 08:21 PM
Anytime you are ahead of the perrenial WCC Season Winners, defeat a team that has a 50 game winning streak who earlier beat the number one team in the nation (UNC), you have met the criteria to be Coach of the Year. Few doesn't deserve it judging that he doesn't have the team that is number one in conference. Dick Davey will get a new sweater knitted the initals CotY

KNIGHT22RIMROKR
02-20-2007, 09:57 PM
No chance Few wins this year. The wcc is tired of Zagnation winning all the awards. What the chance That D-Rye wins POY?

bigblahla
02-21-2007, 05:03 AM
Not a hater but I'm sure that what will be written below will make me a blasphemer in the eyes of the righteous and pious and most devout of Zag fans.

No coach of the year for Few, Davey gets the nod.

Why did it take necessity the mother of invention to open the eyes of coach Few to his best offensive line-up?

Hey coach it is okay to take a technical for the team when the Refs are so lousy you can't stand it anymore. Really we won't hold it against you!

My opinion is that up to now this has not been coach Few's best year for decision making. However Few and staff have rallied the team through adversity and have them poised to make a magical run and for that he deserves major kudos.

Go!! Zags!!!

bulldogshawn
02-21-2007, 06:46 AM
I'm not sure why voting no in this poll makes you a "few hater", as coach Davey has done an excellent job this year. It's not as if the entire WCC season has been played without JH. We lost with him as well, so it's not a fair excuse.

RebornZag
02-21-2007, 08:39 AM
"Hey coach it is okay to take a technical for the team when the Refs are so lousy you can't stand it anymore. Really we won't hold it against you!"

John Woodon, perhaps the greatest coach of all time, never got technicals. He sat on the bench very quiet with his rosary in his hand, hidden beneath the program for that game.

If Gonzaga wins the WCC or makes it to the NCAA tournament, then I say he is the coach of the year (just in terms of which coach did the best job this year). I am sure Davey will get it for many of the reason mentioned here. But I think Mark Few may have done his greatest coaching of any year....if the Zags make it to the NCAA Tournament in March. And I think they will. They are just now beginning to hit their stride, and this is exactly when you want to be doing that....I voted for Few because he has done a great job in my opinion, and I think the Zags will make it to the NCAA tournament and Santa Clara will not.