PDA

View Full Version : Few on Steven Gray

CDC84
11-11-2007, 07:19 PM
"He was our 6th man and was knocking on the door for a starting job."

That was what Few said during the pregame show. He also said that Gray has been incredible since the moment practice started. I think in some ways, the disappointment in his voice suggested that he was even more unhappy about Steven being hurt than Josh. Now some of that probably comes from the lack of guard depth GU has right now, and also the fact that Gray is a freshman who needs experience in this part of the schedule.

The Heytvelt injury is the one that people are going to be talking about it, but I don't think any of us, myself included, realized just what a strong statement Gray has made thus far with the program.

I just hope Pargo and Bouldin can maintain their health for the next month or so. I very much look forward to having Steven and Josh back....and for that matter, Theo as well.

BroncoZAG615
11-11-2007, 07:25 PM
Yeah, I just watched the same thing a few moments ago. I was surprised to hear Mark say that but with our depth at that position I could see it being true. I could only imagine how well Steven must have looked, I just think in his only appearance against Emporia he lets nerves get to him, which is very understandable.

I really look forward to Theo's arrival. People seem to forget how well recruited and highly touted he was. His impact should be great.

Nevtelen
11-11-2007, 10:31 PM
The problem with Theo is that the biggest problem he has was needing playing time in actual games. This one, along with the next couple, would have been perfect. It really is too bad that all this bad stuff had to conspire to keep him out of things.

When I heard Few say that about Gray, I was really disappointed he wouldn't be playing now. I really hope he can find his groove during the WCC season, but he'll be a couple of months behind everyone else. Still, at least he can keep his conditioning up with a wrist injury. I just hope it doesn't hurt his shooting.

Man, think about what this team could have done with a healthy roster... It's mind-boggling.