• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RenoZag
    Super Moderator
    • Feb 2007

Other Games - Friday - 11. 22. 2019

WCC

Indiana State vs. LMU . 1:00pm ( Bimini)
    Idaho State @ Santa Clara . 7:00pm . WCCN

Top 15 / OOC Opponents

#17 Villanova vs, Mississippi St . 11:30am ESPN2
    Geo. Mason @ #6 Maryland . 4:00pm BTN
    Mt. St. Mary's @ #9 Kentucky . 4:00pm . SECN
    Purdue - FW @ #10 Ohio State 4:00pm
    LSU vs. #15 Utah State 4:00pm . CBSSN
    Houston Baptist @ Michigan 4:00pm
    Houston @ #11 Oregon 6:00pm . PAC12
    Montana @ #25 Washington . 8:00pm . PAC12

Complete Schedule: https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...91122/group/50

Have a fine day
    The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas
  • GonzagasaurusFlex
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

#1 Duke vs Georgetown 7pm EST on ESPN2

Go Hoyas!
    Even though I care a lot about my basketball opinions, they are like comparing a bicycle to a championship motorcycle who is our coach. . ZagsGoZags

Comment

• Markburn1
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2015

Originally posted by GonzagasaurusFlex View Post
      #1 Duke vs Georgetown 7pm EST on ESPN2

Go Hoyas!
      Funny how perceptions stay with you for decades. I haven't really watched much of Georgetown the last ten or fifteen years, but I still see them as thugs.

I remember coming home from school and watching Big East games in the early afternoon. St.Johns, UCONN, Villanova, etc. Ewing, Mullin, Tony Hanson, Keith and Larry Herron. Thompson, Massimino, Carnesseca.

Seemed like every Georgetown game there was a fight and it was nearly always started by one of the Hoya thugs,

Still, anybody that plays Duke, I'm rooting for.

Comment

• ProVeeZag
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2011

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post

Seemed like every Georgetown game there was a fight and it was nearly always started by one of the Hoya thugs,

Watch this video of Grayson Allen ... that guy was a piece of work. Go Hoyas!!!
        Comment suggestions for future videos and enjoy!If you liked the video please subscribe for similar content.Check out my other videos here: https://www.youtu...
        "Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand."
        —Kurt Vonnegut

Comment

• sittingon50
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Indiana St. 72
          LMU 60

(LMU favored by 1; Sycamores came in 0-4. Ouch).
          But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• SLOZag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

USC loses at home to Temple 71--60. Atrocious shooting %, and beat on the boards as well.
            SLOZag
            "Kids come here to better their own lives, not ours. If you take a player’s failures as a personal affront…. check yourself." - Chick-Stratino'sUrDaddy

Comment

• sittingon50
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Idaho St. 65
              Santa Clara 78
              But we don't play nobody.

Comment

• RenoZag
                Super Moderator
                • Feb 2007

Duke 81
                GTown 73

Washington 73
                Montana 56

Oregon 78
                Houston 56

Utah State 80
                LSU 78 .
                https://www.espn.com/mens-college-ba...meId=401169849 . Utah State overcame a 19 point deficit, to advance their record to 6 - 0.
                The GUB Resource Library: Links to: Stats, Blogs, Brackets, & More. . .

“They go to school. They do their homework. They shake hands. They say please and thank you. But once you throw that ball up, they will rip your heart out and watch you bleed.” -- Jay Bilas

Comment

• caduceus
                  Zag for Life
                  • Mar 2007

Montana was in a tight game with the Huskies most of the game, and was leading for a while. The refs called the game super tightly, and nearly fouled out the entire Grizzly squad. It was so bad the UM coach got a tech for dissent. They called a ton of phantom fouls on both sides, but UM only brought 8 players and it was clear the refs weren't going the let them play. UW's defense was decent, but their shooting was horrific (19/42, 0/11 from 3), and the refs sent them to the line 46 times. Ugly game with zero rhythm.

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                    Zag for Life
                    • Dec 2008

Originally posted by Markburn1 View Post
                    Funny how perceptions stay with you for decades. I haven't really watched much of Georgetown the last ten or fifteen years, but I still see them as thugs.

I remember coming home from school and watching Big East games in the early afternoon. St.Johns, UCONN, Villanova, etc. Ewing, Mullin, Tony Hanson, Keith and Larry Herron. Thompson, Massimino, Carnesseca.

it is funny

Michael Graham the Georgetown player I would say fits your description, I watched most of those games too religiously, just loved the Big East. Even AI was mild under John Thompson. Thompson knew his all black crew with what they were trying to do might have a kind of different standard to eventually meet. But Graham was that player you described, no doubt

Bill Martin, Michael Jackson, Gene Smith (tough but not a cheap shot player), Reggie Williams, David Wingate, Ralph Dalton, I could go on. Not what I recall that you described as the whole team, tough but not thugs

Remember the choir boy Pinone, lol, no one's victim for example, but loved him and Rollie. All those teams came amped to play Georgetown too, having never really seen that kind of defensive pressure and intensity before as Thompson would use his whole bench to keep that up. Rollie, Luo, Boeheim adjusted and brought their own intensity, and those games were absolute must sees, like the Georgetown encounters in the Carrier Dome. I remember Perry McDonald going off once there, another kid who I don't recall fitting your description of the team as a whole.

Anyway, without a doubt, anybody that plays Duke, I'm rooting for

Comment

Working...
                    X