PDA

View Full Version : -----GUnit of the Game----- (Montana)

gozagswoohoo
11-11-2007, 02:51 PM
This game was so much fun to watch, I have been waiting for this day for so long!!! There were a couple disappointments for me....(hearing about Josh and Stephen), but for the most part, it was AWESOME!!!

I haven't decided on my GUnit yet...so I am going to wait to see what you guys say first! haha

Reborn
11-11-2007, 02:53 PM
Pargo. With two awesome dunks. A couple of 3's. And getting much better and running the offense.

former1dog
11-11-2007, 02:57 PM
First official game, first official double double.

Gotta go with Austin. He really gave the offense a spark. BTW - I thought his defense was pretty good as well.

Nevtelen
11-11-2007, 02:57 PM
As much as i hate to be boring an obvious, I think I have to say Daye. He was a stud out there, no question.

mnzag24
11-11-2007, 03:00 PM
Daye and Pargo were incredible, but i noticed LG's presence a lot today. He was constantly in their faces and put up some solid rebound and point numbers. I can't wait to see what else he's got in store for us. Big ups to all 3 of them.

gozagswoohoo
11-11-2007, 03:15 PM
You know what, forget the obvious, I'm going with PARGO! OMG, are you kidding me with those 2 dunks?! I don't care if those would have been his only 4 points, he'd still be my GUnit. I lost it on his two dunks...and like always, he was just solid all around.

Honorable mention- Austin Daye. What a great debut!!!

Honorable Honorable Mention- LG! I love this kid. He is a defensive force and can finish strong. I look forward to watching more of him.

GonzagaGurl08
11-11-2007, 03:28 PM
I'm going to have to go with Austin Daye. Man is that kid instant offense. A double double and player of the game in your first collegiate game is pretty impressive. Man, can he shoot that ball.

Honorable Mention to LG. He played great today. He was much needed on the Defensive end, not to mention, he played a little bit of guard too. I'm really glad that he is back.

El Voce
11-11-2007, 03:41 PM
I'm going with Larry G, though I'm tempted to say the whole darn game. When we hit our lull in the second half (lead down to 13) LG came in and the whole defensive tempo picked up. The lead was soon 26.

This year's team is very athletic, and should be a whole lot of fun to watch all season long.

zagzilla
11-11-2007, 03:46 PM
Daye. Double double his first game. The first of many, I hope

zaglawdad
11-11-2007, 03:47 PM
I had never seen Daye play before. He's got range, speed, and athleticism. He appears to be everything he was hyped up to be. My GUnit of the game.

kitzbuel
11-11-2007, 03:50 PM
I almost expect to see a Pargo throwdown every game (and that is a good thing) and the spark he gives the team is oh, so important. But Daye's game is riDICUlous. His little cross-over with the fade away jumper in the second half was silly. His blocks were great sparks for the team. We had better enjoy his next couple of year here! Daye is my vote.

RenoZag
11-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Double-double seals the deal for this far away fan. Austin Daye.

Honorable Mention: LG; really good to see him back on the court.

MickMick
11-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Daye was the man.

LG won a new level of respect from me. He has solid game.

Zag79
11-11-2007, 04:59 PM
LG. austin did what i can now see he will do all year and amazing as it was, larry proved to everyone that he is a player we NEED on this team, with his D and ability to get 10+ pts a game from slashing to the hoop and finishing he will continue to get his minutes.

jim77
11-11-2007, 05:02 PM
Tough call.

Larry G with Austin a very very close second. Great game by both.

roxdoc
11-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Its so hard to choose between the 3 - each had his special strength(s). I guess I will go with Daye, although as was said above Pargo is playing such a solid game now. He still has his time management effort to work on though as we saw at the end of the first half.

TheBunnieRancher
11-11-2007, 06:18 PM
Hi, this is my first post. I've been waiting for some game action that I could actually see so that I would have some first hand knowledge to talk about :o . My vote goes to Austin because he seemed to jump start the offense whenever he was in the game. He was the most consistent half-court threat.:000tens:
LG gets an honorable mention for his spark to the clubs defensive intensity but I think AD's length and presence complimented what LG and the boys doing to Montana. LG was contributions have been expected and hoped for but AD was a revelation tonight.

Bocco
11-11-2007, 06:19 PM
Totally impressed with Daye, but I would have to go with LG if only because when he was on the court the defensive intensity of the entire team increased.

drnoe
11-11-2007, 06:30 PM
Have to go with Daye...he has singlehandedly changed the dynamic of the team. He is easily the team's best scoring force. As he did in high school, scoring a point a minute, he is now scoring a point a minute at the D-I level. He's not only a scoring force, he's going to make a difference in rebounding. Daye is going to give opposing coaches fits. He is doing exactly what I knew he was going to do. Gotta give love to Pargo and Larry G as well. Daye and Larry G have already improved this team tremendously over last year.

Mark my words, the first game that GU has to go down to the wire, Daye will be on the court.

cggonzaga
11-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Pargo
Daye
LG
Bouldin

Pargo is an all american in the making. Daye is a freshman of the year in the making. LG provides our defense with something I haven't seen in 10 years at GU. Matt played his usual great all around game.

chirguy
11-11-2007, 07:09 PM
Bouldin also had a nice game in limited minutes. The best thing - no turnovers. Way to go Matty!

Larryzag
11-11-2007, 08:25 PM
LG. He is inserted in the 3rd quarter with the lead down to 13 and we go on a 9-0 run. With his 12 points and defense he gets my vote. Adam er I mean Austin gets a close second and Pargo a close 3rd.

lothar98zag
11-12-2007, 02:28 PM
Hi, this is my first post. I've been waiting for some game action that I could actually see so that I would have some first hand knowledge to talk about :o . My vote goes to Austin because he seemed to jump start the offense whenever he was in the game. He was the most consistent half-court threat.:000tens:
LG gets an honorable mention for his spark to the clubs defensive intensity but I think AD's length and presence complimented what LG and the boys doing to Montana. LG was contributions have been expected and hoped for but AD was a revelation tonight.

http://guboards.spokesmanreview.com/images/icons/icon14.gif to your username! Welcome!

rennis
11-12-2007, 03:33 PM
With as many Pendo lovers as there are on this forum I can't believe no one has mentioned him! His stat line sucked, but did you see those floor burns? :p

All kidding aside, I'm going to have to go with LG. Pargo is going to bring that kind of game any time the fast break is available. I'm not sure how effective he is going to be at running the half-courts sets, but on the break he might be the best PG we've ever had. His ability to score at will within 10 feet is very encouraging. Last time we had a PG with that kind of ability around the basket was never.

Daye was awesome too...huge upside on that kid. I'm going to wait and see how he does over the next few weeks before I start looking for a double-double every night, but I'm also completely guilty of telling people at work to start throwing the name "Austin Daye" around the water cooler so they look really smart next year when he is a POY candidate. :D

But LG...good lawd did we miss that kind of defensive intensity last year. It's sooooo incredible to have a player again that can press and trap like that. His defense is going to win some games for us this year, and that's just plain refreshing, GU winning a game with defense. Way to go Larry!

LongIslandZagFan
11-12-2007, 03:56 PM
I love Pargo... and he had another great game... but going the LG on this one.

Just a solid performance all the way around.