PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Ira! today?

jimmycarter
11-11-2007, 02:45 PM
Just being honest, boys...
After reading a lot of good comments (some bordering on raves) all summer long, I was disappointed to see Ira get a total of one minute of game time today. What's the story? Is he banged up? Still adjusting to the "transition" between juco ball and big time hoops. Just curious...

gozagswoohoo
11-11-2007, 02:53 PM
I think it's been discussed before that Ira! is having trouble learning all the sets. Gonzaga has 50-60 different set, whereas Ira! only had to learn one or two sets when he played D2 ball....

but yes, I share your disappointment, I was ready for an immediate impact...

zagzilla
11-11-2007, 03:48 PM
Hype vs. reality. Ira will contribute and soon

flutieflakes
11-11-2007, 04:05 PM
Quote from the S-R article (http://www.spokesmanreview.com/zags/story.asp?ID=218172) (11/05) regarding Brown:

"He's doing great," Few said. "In my experience it takes (JC transfers) about half a year best-case scenario to get up to speed and fully immersed in the system where you can show what you can do. He's adjusting."

Few usually doesn't like to give new big men immediate minutes. If he keeps working hard, I bet he starts to see more minutes when conference games get going.

MDABE80
11-11-2007, 04:13 PM
It's the confusion with the sets and the plays. It's a lot to learn. Ira hasn't been in the world of highly competetive, complex college basketball. He's got the skills.......just needs some time. He's a killer and will do and has done everything the coaches want from him. With the recent upheaval, it's hard to imagine Ira won't be able to show his talent off. He's a winner and we like that.

roxdoc
11-11-2007, 04:29 PM
Ira! is not a big man flutie - he is shorter than Matt. I must say I was a little taken aback when I saw him the first time. But, he reportedly can jump like a kangaroo so may play bigger than he is. Will be interesting to see his progression once he get some of the plays down.