• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Lunardi's November Bracketology

Zags a 3 seed in Spokane: http://www.espn.com/mens-college-bas...l/bracketology
    • Sep 2007

Buy order.

We may end up better, but give me a choice at finishing with a protected seed in Spokane and facing a 2 seed in the S16. I would take it.
    Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
    Mark Twain.

Comment

• FloridaZagFan
      Bleeds GU Blue
      • May 2019

New York post writer thinks so highly of Utah state he has them in the final four. Aggies are picked to be a bracket buster.
      The article goes on to talk about all the mid majors that have made the final four in the last decade: Butler (twice) VCU, Loyola of Chicago & Wichita state.
      Does that mean the New York post no longer thinks of GU as mid major? How times have changed!

Comment

• Lewey
        Kennel Club
        • Jan 2008

Don't know why he would put the Zags in the Midwest and Virginia in the West. Seems like those would be swapped. He must just want us to play North Carolina for potentially a third time!

Comment

• kdaleb
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Lewey View Post
          Don't know why he would put the Zags in the Midwest and Virginia in the West. Seems like those would be swapped. He must just want us to play North Carolina for potentially a third time!
          Those types of placements will happen for two reasons: to protect the “S” curve or to prevent conference rematches too early.

Not sure why Lunardi bothers going through with that level of detail in team placement at this point of the season but I guess that’s just his jam.

Comment

• Akzag
            Zag for Life
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by kdaleb View Post
            Those types of placements will happen for two reasons: to protect the “S” curve or to prevent conference rematches too early.

Not sure why Lunardi bothers going through with that level of detail in team placement at this point of the season but I guess that’s just his jam.
            My "reconstruction" would have his projected ACC top 4 as Duke, Louisville, North Carolina, then Virginia. Duke gets the 1 in the East, Louisville can't go east but South is probably closer anyway, UNC gets the next nearest region ( MW ) which forces the fourth ACC team into the West region.
            Maryland must have been the lowest 2 ( & 2nd team out of the Big 10 ) since they're in the West region
            As far as the threes, Ohio St can't go in the MW because of Sparty ( or W because of Maryland, had that site been closer). The true seed order can't really be deduced. The dominoes just fell into place. Nova's East and happy.
            So many brackets, so little time.

Comment

Working...
            X