PDA

View Full Version : Heytvelt and Gray out?!

zagzilla
11-11-2007, 12:04 PM
Just announced in the pre-game. What's up? Heytvelt's foot I suspect but what about Gray??

ZagSlug
11-11-2007, 12:08 PM
Broken wrist for Gray

zagzilla
11-11-2007, 12:10 PM
Both having surgery.

Means we are without Josh for most of the non-conference schedule.

Hope he is back for BIS

Glad we have the depth and makes me recall the thread we had awhile ago about how to get enough minutes for all the talent on the team.

ZagNut08
11-11-2007, 02:28 PM
Was anyone else confused when josh removed his formal attire, suited up, and took part in warmups. Not sure why he is running and jumping on a broken foot :confused:

ZagNut08
11-11-2007, 02:29 PM
"Gonzaga officials said that freshman guard Steven Gray broke his wrist and will be out about six weeks after having surgery later this week. Josh Heytvelt is also schedule for surgery to prevent a stress fracture in his foot and will be lost about eight weeks."

http://www.krem.com/topstories/stories/krem2_111107_gumontana.1fec768cc.html

ZagNative
11-11-2007, 02:36 PM
Interesting that Josh does not yet have a stress fracture, but that the surgery is intended to prevent a stress fracture. When I first read that, I didn't get the distinction.

zagzilla
11-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Obviously with Josh out, we lose our best post player. Kuso and Sacre are going to have to step up. Kuso we know can do it. Sacre will now have a chance to live up to the hype. 3 quick fouls in the first half of his first game nothing to worry about...yet.

Too bad this will cost Foster his redshirt since he looks very raw. His hands are not very soft inside.

On the other hand, Daye surprised me (and everybody else) with a double double his first game.

WOW!

mnzag24
11-11-2007, 03:02 PM
Was anyone else confused when josh removed his formal attire, suited up, and took part in warmups. Not sure why he is running and jumping on a broken foot :confused:

I didn't get it either. Why go and put stress on it if you're not going to play? For the most part, it looked like he did his regular warm up. I admit, i was hoping he was playin, but lets get him better quick.

BoltZag
11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
What's up? Heytvelt's foot I suspect but what about Gray??

I dunno, try one of the other 8 zillion posts on this board about this exact topic and you may find out.

soonerterp
11-12-2007, 11:15 PM
Sucks about Heytvelt going to be out for 4-6 weeks (per the crawl on ESPNews). I was looking forward to seeing him @ the All College in OKC next month.

:(

former1dog
11-13-2007, 07:37 AM
I dunno, try one of the other 8 zillion posts on this board about this exact topic and you may find out.

:lmao: Kinda mean, but funny. :lmao: