PDA

View Full Version : Another Sign of Respect for the Zags Program

RenoZag
10-28-2019, 05:14 PM
The Athletic did an article today listing the top 20 mid major players for the coming year. Before the listing begins ( BYU's Childs and SMC's Ford are included ) is this paragraph:

That’s why we’re presenting this list of the top 20 mid-major players in America. What counts as a mid-major, you ask? Great question, one we tried to answer just last week. For these purposes, we have excluded the AAC, ACC, Big 12, Big Ten, Pac-12, SEC and Gonzaga. Everyone else is eligible.

The Athletic is a subscription site; if you're signed up, here's the article link:

https://theathletic.com/1321851/2019/10/28/the-top-20-mid-major-college-basketball-players/

Martin Centre Mad Man
10-28-2019, 05:46 PM
Nice. Their mid-major criteria puts Villanova and Seton Hall squarely in the mid-major realm...where they belong.

jazzdelmar
10-28-2019, 06:10 PM
2. Jordan Ford, 6-foot-1 senior guard, Saint Mary’s

He’s super skinny but can really shoot it from anywhere. He’s crafty with the ball and a master of ball screens. He plays in the Bay Area. No, stop it, Ford is not the next Steph Curry. But Seth Curry? We’ll at least allow for the possibility. He did hit 41.2 percent of his 3s last year while averaging 21.1 points and is one of the headier players around.

gonzagafan62
10-28-2019, 06:33 PM
Nice. Their mid-major criteria puts Villanova and Seton Hall squarely in the mid-major realm...where they belong.

Pretty sure that was a typo to leave the big east off there lol

Bogozags
10-29-2019, 04:19 AM
Pretty sure that was a typo to leave the big east off there lol

In fact, I would think that the BEast would be higher ranked than the P12...I'm not sure why the AAC is listed as a Major Conference re-basketball

ZagsGoZags
10-29-2019, 05:29 AM
the comparison is among conferences in all respects, except the name of one college. us.

gonzagafan62
10-29-2019, 05:54 AM
In fact, I would think that the BEast would be higher ranked than the P12...I'm not sure why the AAC is listed as a Major Conference re-basketball

Multiple teams in tourney every year

CarolinaZagFan
10-29-2019, 06:22 AM

Memphis, UConn, Wichita St, Cincinnati, Houston etc. I’d consider that a major conference.