Something I just noticed about the legendary Florida game (The Runner....)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gozagswoohoo
    Time Zone Challenged Board Greeter
    • Feb 2007

Something I just noticed about the legendary Florida game (The Runner....)

I've watched this clip 1000 times. I'm surprised I never noticed THIS?!?!?!?! Check out his foot on Florida's final inbounds pass.

Allow myself to introduce....myself...
  • JPtheBeasta
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2008

You should be a cold case detective.

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by JPtheBeasta View Post
      You should be a cold case detective.
      THANKS!!

I'm actually sending this to the tournament committee to see if we can get the final 4 seconds of this game replayed. It should have been our ball!! Who knows, maybe we would have won by even more than 1 point.

I'll keep you guys posted.

Comment

• Zag_Dad
        Zag for Life
        • Dec 2013

Just re-watched the final 2 minutes of the game ... (haven't watched it in a LONG time). Crazy how palms get sweaty and heart starts racing again even though I know the outcome.

I paused and replayed several times that last inbound play by FL and wow! No doubt he never established himself out of bounds and made the inbound pass while left foot was inbounds and on court. Nice catch! So glad it didn't matter and Zags won the game. Hate to imagine what might have happened had GU not won that game. Would the program be what it is today with out that win?

Comment

• bartruff1
          Zag for Life
          • Jan 2010

Officials are humans....the speed of the game is unrelenting....there will always be mistakes.....it is what it is.... just like life.... there will always be bad breaks....deal with it.....

I understand that there was a simulation recently that used artificial intelligence with dozens of cameras feeding a computer.... as officials.....without knowing this as a fact....I suspect there were dozens of violations every minute.....and the game could not be played ???? That would probably work in baseball but not in a contact sport like football or basketball...

A traffic cops does not stop and ticket every violation...... If you are far enough ahead the bad calls will not determine the winner..

I have noticed that the winners never complain about the officiating...

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Zag_Dad View Post
            Just re-watched the final 2 minutes of the game ... (haven't watched it in a LONG time). Crazy how palms get sweaty and heart starts racing again even though I know the outcome.

I paused and replayed several times that last inbound play by FL and wow! No doubt he never established himself out of bounds and made the inbound pass while left foot was inbounds and on court. Nice catch! So glad it didn't matter and Zags won the game. Hate to imagine what might have happened had GU not won that game. Would the program be what it is today with out that win?

Right, Right, and RIGHT!!!

Comment

• gozagswoohoo
              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
              Officials are humans....the speed of the game is unrelenting....there will always be mistakes.....it is what it is....

I understand that there was a simulation recently that used artificial intelligence with dozens of cameras feeding a computer.... without knowing this as a fact....I suspect there were dozens of violations every minute.....and the game could not be played ????

A traffic cops does not stop and ticket every violation...... If you are far enough ahead the bad calls will not determine the winner..

Oh, yeah, I have no doubt believing that! (that there are a significant number of missed calls every single game). They'll never be able to catch EVERYTHING. But the missed calls SO late in a VERY close game are just so hard to accept (say, for instance, the out of bounds call in the National Championship game that the officials missed against UNC....*vomit noise*)

I'm not complaining that the refs didn't miss this inbounds violation on Florida, or even complaining that the state of officiating in general is bad (I'm usually the guy saying 'get over it' and 'it happens'). I only posted this particular screen shot because I was surprised I'd seen this video 1000 times and never spotted that. I thought it was interesting.

Comment

• bartruff1
                Zag for Life
                • Jan 2010

If I could change anything in Professional or College Sports it would be the not so instant replay..... I don't know what momentum is.... a emotional response to success that lets you play without pressure and with confidence ???? The opposite of playing tight with no confidence …. choking ???? I have done both....night and day …

When the officials stop the game for a review to make the correct call....it seems to me it changes momentum....not good..

Even in golf ….confidence is so important and so dependent on tempo....fo example....it looked to me that Koepka was bothered by his playing partner's slow play in the Open...

Comment

• VaBeachZAG
                  Bleeds GU Blue
                  • Feb 2007

Originally posted by gozagswoohoo View Post
                  I've watched this clip 1000 times. I'm surprised I never noticed THIS?!?!?!?! Check out his foot on Florida's final inbounds pass.
                  I don't recall who, but someone else on this forum made the same observation a number of years ago. But it's nice to see your comment/post today is reinforced with visual proof!

Comment

Working...
                  X