PDA

View Full Version : Kennel Club T-Shirts

bayzag09
11-10-2007, 07:28 AM
Hey I'm studying abroad for a semester and was just wondering if anyone has a picture of the new T's. Interested on if anyone has an opinion on them also. Any help would be much appreciated.

ZagNut08
11-10-2007, 10:30 AM
they went with red again, and may continue to do this in future years. they felt it looks much better and is more distracting. they brought back the classic bulldog with the sailors cap. where are you studying abroad? last year in florence they did a tshirt signup there too

bayzag09
11-10-2007, 10:58 AM
they went with red again, and may continue to do this in future years. they felt it looks much better and is more distracting. they brought back the classic bulldog with the sailors cap. where are you studying abroad? last year in florence they did a tshirt signup there too

In Ireland. I went through a different program, so I was counting on buying one in crosby when I returned. The red is way better imo too, but I was just wondering what the picture looked like, guess I'll just wait till I get back to spo.

MBZags
11-10-2007, 11:17 AM
http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/8447/1000322bc3.jpg

GonzagaGurl08
11-10-2007, 11:19 AM
Thanks for doing that MBZags!! You beat me to it.

bayzag09
11-10-2007, 11:21 AM
Nice! Thanks for the help everyone. I like em! -cheers

TheBeast
11-10-2007, 11:32 AM
Hey! That's a pretty cool design!

gamagin
11-10-2007, 01:02 PM
<<they went with red again, and may continue to do this in future years. they felt it looks much better and is more distracting. they brought back the classic bulldog with the sailors cap. where are you studying abroad? last year in florence they did a tshirt signup there too >>

Who are "they" and why red ? that's always been a mystery to me.

there are likely enough science majors to figure out if, indeed, red, raises ire in opponents, no ?

Gu is Blue and White. And was for the first century and a half or so . . .

Sorta like notre dame painting their gold domes Red. Or the Cougars or Stanford wearing Blue instead of their correct color, which is Red.

Never did see where "they" came up with the idea but I do know somewhere in the halls of perhaps DeSmet, the ghosts of all those jesuits are asking, "Red?" "Red ??" "Get me my hack paddle."

and so am I.

thanks,

GonzagaGurl08
11-10-2007, 01:11 PM
A few things about the Red.
1. It shows up much better on TV.
2. If you look at the GU athletic logo now, there is red in it.
3. If they were to go back to blue, they would have to make the decision to go with the old royal blue, or the newer navy.

BroncoZAG615
11-10-2007, 01:26 PM
Totally agree. I never understood the utter hate of red by GU fans. There is red in the jersey, red on the logo, even red on the website. Red is much more effective for a student section than dark blue which was the color two years ago. I really would like white but I don't see that happening. Red just stands out the best.

mendiant
11-10-2007, 01:39 PM
Red for KC shirts is fine.

Red unis...tolerable.

That is a sweet design this year!

gamagin
11-10-2007, 01:51 PM
who made these decisions ?

If I changed stanford back to the cardinal (the bird) rather than cardinal, the color, I believe it would involve some reasoning. I am positive it would be discussed. It would also be understood, even if everyone didn't like it.

I'm happy you all agree with each other. I just wonder where it came from ? Who made the change, when and why ? I realize it has shown up in clothing, uniforms and everywhere else.

But who did it ?

as for:
<<I never understood the utter hate of red by GU fans. >>

I can't say I hate it. I can only say I don't understand it. If the idea was made out of whole cloth, well, I might come to hate it.

But fwiw, most tv personalities, talking heads, etc., I'm aware of and watch, and worked with not too long ago wore dark or dark blue clothing on air, fwiw, so that seems strange as a reason to change a school's colors, logo and all.

ZagNut08
11-10-2007, 03:51 PM
the shirt design/color is up the the KC board.

the general feeling amongst students is that red is a much better color for the kc shirts. I wouldnt mind blue if it were the blue from the olden days, but I didn't like navy blue at all.

They also had a vote on whether or not to bring back the hat on the bulldog

gamagin
11-10-2007, 07:55 PM
thanks.

I heard a few years ago the KC went w/red because they got a really good deal on red shirts. Now THAT makes sense.

It's not my color, nor is it GU's (or at least it wasn't), but if it fires up the KC and unites the student body masses, I'm for it.

I've said in other posts, the KC belongs to the students and therefore they should decide, anyway.

best regards,

MedZag
11-10-2007, 07:58 PM
I've said in other posts, the KC belongs to the students and therefore they should decide, anyway.

Ever since the university gained rights to the kennel club name, all KC shirts/colors/designs have to be run by the university and the WCC before approval. Two years ago they had to fall back in their 4th design because they other two got shot down by one of the two administrations.

TheBeast
11-11-2007, 12:44 AM
the KC belongs to the students and therefore they should decide, anyway.

Wrong.

And in true Internet fashion, that statement is my proof, my argument, and my response to anything else you might have to say on the subject.

:D

gamagin
11-11-2007, 07:18 AM
change of plans . . .

instead of watching "The blues Brothers" for inspiration, fun and a gameplan, change that to "March of the Penguins."

and stay in line !

ZagNut08
11-11-2007, 07:56 AM
medzag is right on about shirt approval, not sure if every wcc commisioner has to approve it (it may be the case, but it seems pretty unnecesary).

The shirt design they had a few years ago was our bulldog with all the other mascots on a leash below us...got vetoed

MedZag
11-11-2007, 08:41 AM
medzag is right on about shirt approval, not sure if every wcc commisioner has to approve it (it may be the case, but it seems pretty unnecesary).

Don't think its that intensive, but I know the league office sees it and OK's it in some capacity before it goes to presses. Its official Gonzaga University mechandise after all, which makes it official WCC mechandise.

Zag 77
11-11-2007, 09:00 PM
Where does one buy them? How much?

Can anybody just go buy them or do you have to show student ID or something?

Alumni versions?:confused:

MBZags
11-11-2007, 09:08 PM
They're on sale in Crosby. The Kennel Club bought over 1,000 extra shirts so I'm not sure if it's just open to students or the general public.