• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Nevtelen
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Montana scores etc

Just checking scores on CBSSportsline and Montanta laid the smack down on Colo St - up by 21 with about 5 mins left. Colo St only scored 19 pts in the first half. I guess we should be prepared for some pretty good D.

In other news, Stanford has so far held Harvard to 3 pts after 7 mins of play (they have 21). Welcome to your OOC, Tommy Amaker. Ouch.

Eastern is biting it vs WSU, no surprise there. I wish that game were on tv here even so. Stupid Sonics.
  • KSTATEZAG
    Kennel Club Material
    • Aug 2007

Montana= Scary

Comment

• JAGzag
      Zag for Life
      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by KSTATEZAG View Post
      Montana= Scary
      Unless I'm missing something, it's still Montana, right?

Comment

• KSTATEZAG
        Kennel Club Material
        • Aug 2007

Thy've got some low block talent.
        That's something we are going to be missing.
        Still think we can blow the doors off but I think Montana could be a tourny team this year.

Comment

• Nevtelen
          Zag for Life
          • Feb 2007

Not that Colo St is some elite team or anything, but Mt blew the doors off them in the second half with 50 pts. Score 75 in the game to Colo St's 39. No way we stomp on these guys without Josh. This game could be a nail-biter, depending on how the inside guys step up. And Bouldin's ankle.

Can GU just make the bball players stop walking to save their feet and ankles the strain? Maybe they could all get those little go-carts to go to classes or something. *sigh*

Comment

• kyle dixon
            Zag for Life
            • Mar 2007

Mr. Pargo

Pargo will set the tempo (from the pre-game huddle, get the team fired up/him in the middle). Then he will log his 38 minutes and do what it takes and we will win by 15. This kid is amazing.

Comment

• mtzaga
              Zag for Life
              • Feb 2007

Good start to the season for the Griz.

MISSOULA – Four of five starters scored in double figures as The University of Montana Grizzlies opened their 2007-08 season with a resounding 75-39 victory over the visiting Colorado State Rams Friday evening in front of 6,037 fans in UM’s Dahlberg Arena.

Griz senior forward Andrew Strait scored a team-high 14 points, made 5-of-6 shots from the field, and grabbed 8 rebounds. Junior forward Jordan Hasquet added 12 points and a game-high 9 rebounds. Hasquet at Strait we both all-conference selections last season.

Also in double figures for Montana were freshman guard Cameron Rundles and senior guard Matt Martin, each scoring 11 points. Rundles, the Big Sky Conference “Freshman of the Year” last season, had 8 assists and no turnovers.

Montana made its first five three-point attempts in the first few minutes of the second half, and the fifth make, by sophomore guard Ryan Staudacher, made it 47-29 with 11:57 left, and the Griz led by at least 15 points the rest of the way.

It was a close game in the opening half, but when Martin nailed a three-pointer at the 16:39 mark it gave the Grizzlies a 9-6 lead and they never trailed again.

The Grizzlies jumped to an 8-point lead on a tip-in by freshman center Brian Qvale, as UM took a 17-9 lead at the 10:19 mark. The Rams battled back, though, and cut the Griz lead to four points (21-17) with 4:20 left until halftime on a jump shot by sophomore center Ronnie Aguilar. Montana led 26-19 at intermission, led by Hasquet’s 6 points and 6 rebounds.

UM junior guard Ceylon Elgin-Taylor scored 7 points off the bench, junior forward Kyle Sharp tallied 4 points and grabbed 7 rebounds, and Qvale had 3 points and 5 rebounds..

Senior center Stuart Creason and junior guard Willis Gardner led the Rams with 10 points each, and Gardner had a team-high 7 boards.

Montana made 10-of-21 attempts from three-point range, including 6-of-11 in the second half. CSU, also playing its season opener, missed all 10 of its three-point attempts.

The Griz dominated in a few other statistical areas as well.

In the second half Montana out-scored CSU 17-0 on points off turnovers and also had 17 points in bench scoring, while the Rams had zero. UM had a 37-25 rebounding edge and had only 7 turnovers, while CSU had 14. For the game Montana had 23 points off turnovers, while CSU had one.

Montana made 26-of-54 (48.1%) shots from the field, while CSU was 16-of-47 (34.0%). The Rams were 7-of-10 (70.0%) from the free throw line, while the Griz were 13-of-19 (68.4%).

The Grizzlies play 14th-ranked (Associated Press) Gonzaga this Sunday at 2:00 pm (Mountain Time).

Comment

• kyle dixon
                Zag for Life
                • Mar 2007

Go Zags!

Go Zags!

Comment

• zagcaster
                  Redshirt
                  • Sep 2007

stanford harvard

I grew up in Palo Alto (where Stanford is) and went to Palo Alto High School. The year after I graduated, Jeremy Lin led my school to the state championship beating Taylor King's Mater Dei team in the final. Lin was the only D-1 player on the team, and went to Harvard. I was excited to see how he would do as this was kind of a homecoming gam for him. And, of course, 0-6 FG, 0 pts and a foul out. And Harvard just got crushed. Too bad for a great kid, who I wih nothing but the best. Hopefully he at least got to see some old friends and his family.

Comment

• Zagtopia
                    Redshirt
                    • Nov 2007

Sacre vs Big Country in Santa Clara

Can't wait to see Sacre blow past Big Country....That old boy needs a trip to wood shed. Sacre should provide a classic woopin. Got a find him a nickname.

Comment

• azzagfan
                      Professional Zag Fan
                      • Apr 2007

I don't want to understate Montana's big victory, but Colorado State was unanimously picked by the coaches and media to pick dead last in the Mountain West Conference this year. This will not be an up year for the Rams.

Comment

Working...
                      X