PDA

View Full Version : Please define "Trend"

BobZag
11-09-2007, 05:37 PM
What is the definition of a "trend?"

RenoZag
11-09-2007, 05:43 PM
I know what it isn't: one in a row is not a trend.

Baldwinzag
11-09-2007, 05:44 PM
A popular thought, style, or taste at a given point in time. Trends tend to be very fluid and change with time and/or circumstance.

I think the definition is open to interpretation, why do you ask?

KSTATEZAG
11-09-2007, 06:34 PM
trend= dim4sum saying weight training is bad
maybe he's right, because this could also be a trend regarding Josh and his bad feet/ankles

JAGzag
11-09-2007, 06:57 PM
BZ, I had hoped this was a happy question, but now I know the answer: Alex, what is Josh's injuries for $1K?

ZagAddict
11-09-2007, 09:53 PM
A trend is a general tendency...

In regards to Heytvelt, it reflects playing time on the court. At the beginning of this season he has played at most (some of them minimal minutes due to injury) 39 regular season games over a 3 year period. With the latest injury it sounds like he will be lucky to play 60 games over a 4 year period... that is less than a 50% rate contribution on the basketball court. Defintely a trend over 4 years...

Is it the physical makeup of Heytvelt, training habits, training programs from the GU staff... I don't know. However, there is a definite trend.

I believe GU's strength used to be recruiting players that would contribute and grow in the program over a 4-5 year stretch (i.e. Santangelo, Frahm, Flloyd, Neilson, Turiaf, Mallon, Calvary, Violett, Spink, etc.). Heytvelt is an athlete who has more natural ability than many Zags before him, but his productivity has been absolutely disappointing over a 3 year stretch.

How is this Heytvelt Soap Opera going to end? It has been an absolute drama since day one...

TM27
11-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Josh RS his freshman year...played half of his RS Freshman year (soph academic) due to the stress reaction/broken foot, and last year played half of his RS soph year. Assuming he is back in a month...he will play 75% of his RS JR year? A stupid decision, and two injuries...later! I feel for the kid! This will hurt Josh's draft status more than anything. All the tools are there, the tools just need to drink more milk (I am poking fun at the situation, but I really do feel for Josh/family. Please let this kid catch break! And not in the literal sense. )

But enough speculation, we need confirmation.