X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • kitzbuel
    • Feb 2007

Big East adding UCONN

Looks like Big East is doubling down on its traditional territory while UCONN is trying to reclaim faded glory.

UConn is expected to leave the American Athletic Conference and return to the Big East for basketball and other sports in 2020, sources told ESPN.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
    'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
    - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time
  • kdaleb
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Interesting move by both that makes sense for both... but will UConn be the only public school in the Big East? I wonder if the Big East will add anyone else. It’s too bad that Syracuse is so happily ensconced in the ACC.

Comment

• Martin Centre Mad Man
      Administrator
      • Apr 2009

UCONN is in a tough spot financially. UCONN can’t afford FBS football unless they can get into a league with a better TV contract. They can’t get into a league with a better TV contract without FBS football. No football league wants UCONN without their basketball programs. Those AAC travel expenses must be staggering for a school that is so far away from some of the other league members.
      “No team in the country has a better winning percentage against power conference teams since 2017 than Gonzaga... the Zags are playing above average teams in the best leagues in the country and winning 78% of the time.”

-Ken Pomeroy-

https://www.ksl.com/article/50342950...in-perspective

Comment

• Bogozags
        Zag for Life
        • Jan 2008

Originally posted by kdaleb View Post
        Interesting move by both that makes sense for both... but will UConn be the only public school in the Big East? I wonder if the Big East will add anyone else. It’s too bad that Syracuse is so happily ensconced in the ACC.
        I believe Butler is a public school...

Comment

• bdmiller7
          Zag for Life
          • Jun 2017

Originally posted by Bogozags View Post
          I believe Butler is a public school...
          Butler is private, but they're the only non-Catholic school currently in the big east.

Comment

• CDC84
            Super Moderator
            • Feb 2007

It's why I didn't understand Wichita State's move to the American. It has done nothing to help Marshall's program. It has been known for years & years prior to WSU's move that the high level programs wanted out. I wouldn't be surprised if Cincinnati is next. Especially with all the money they spent revamping their on campus arena.

Comment

Working...
            X