PDA

View Full Version : When do the Zags play Texas A&M?

TexasZagFan
06-17-2019, 09:12 PM
It won't be December 8th...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26974336/longhorns-aggies-renew-rivalry-dec-8

The rivalry between Texas and Texas A&M will return to the basketball court next season, as the two schools have agreed to a nonconference game on Dec. 8.

Bogozags
06-18-2019, 06:25 AM
It won't be December 8th...

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26974336/longhorns-aggies-renew-rivalry-dec-8

It appears that "cooler" minds have gotten together to bridge the gap between these two schools...Hopefully, maybe football will be next...

I always thought it was childish that these two schools acted that way...wasn't good for either fan base...

By the way will you be going to the game?

GO ZAGS

TexasZagFan
06-18-2019, 07:50 AM
It appears that "cooler" minds have gotten together to bridge the gap between these two schools...Hopefully, maybe football will be next...

I always thought it was childish that these two schools acted that way...wasn't good for either fan base...

By the way will you be going to the game?

GO ZAGS

We'll be there, no matter the date. I'll keep bugging Bob Finn to have an alumni event there, College Station is centrally located to DFW, Austin, and Houston. We had a great turnout for the SMU game a few years back.

ETA: Won't be long before both AD's see all the green that will flow from a resumption of the football series.

ConnZag3
07-30-2019, 01:58 PM
FYI - Texas A&M released their non-conference schedule today and are hosting the Zags on Friday, Nov 15. Looks like they have a home football game that Saturday too so might be a tough ticket, but definitely going to try to get there.

https://12thman.com/news/2019/7/30/mens-basketball-texas-am-announces-non-conference-schedule.aspx

TexasZagFan
07-30-2019, 02:32 PM
FYI - Texas A&M released their non-conference schedule today and are hosting the Zags on Friday, Nov 15. Looks like they have a home football game that Saturday too so might be a tough ticket, but definitely going to try to get there.

https://12thman.com/news/2019/7/30/mens-basketball-texas-am-announces-non-conference-schedule.aspx

There should be plenty of tickets available, as the first round of Texas HS football playoffs begins on 11/15. That would be a good night to invade Texas, as everyone will be tailgating...lol.

Zag_Dad
07-30-2019, 09:36 PM
There should be plenty of tickets available, as the first round of Texas HS football playoffs begins on 11/15. That would be a good night to invade Texas, as everyone will be tailgating...lol.

VERY seriously considering making the trip down for this game. If TX fans have any information on events and/or tickets please post here or PM me. (I went down for game against SMU a few years back and found out too late the local alumni chapter rented a suite for Zag fans).

DixieZag
07-31-2019, 06:20 AM
Starting to wonder if a six hour drive is in order.

I wouldn't worry about tickets so much as ...parking. People trying to get out while others trying to get in, and people back tailgating, nightmare. But, as Tex says, if HS football playoffs begin that night it will decrease even the football game crowd ...some.

TexasZagFan
07-31-2019, 07:57 AM
VERY seriously considering making the trip down for this game. If TX fans have any information on events and/or tickets please post here or PM me. (I went down for game against SMU a few years back and found out too late the local alumni chapter rented a suite for Zag fans).

I'll also be contacting Bob Finn again regarding the opportunity for an alumni event in College Station. The DFW chapter was able to score a suite at SMU, it was a great event.

gozagswoohoo
08-01-2019, 11:13 AM
What would be the closest major airport to College Station?

sittingon50
08-01-2019, 11:35 AM

Mexico City?

webspinnre
08-01-2019, 11:56 AM
Mexico City?

:lmao:

well played

ConnZag3
08-01-2019, 01:00 PM

I would assume Houston. At least that's where I'm looking, though I've also made the drive from Austin to College Station in the past, which is less than a couple hours too.

TexasZagFan
08-01-2019, 01:54 PM
College Station, TX – Airports nearby
Easterwood Airport (3.2 miles / 5.2 kilometers)
George Bush Intercontinental Airport (74.1 miles / 119.3 kilometers)
Austin–Bergstrom International Airport (85.1 miles / 137.0 kilometers)
Waco Regional Airport (86.3 miles / 138.8 kilometers)

https://www.closestairportto.com/city/united-states/college-station_tx/

scott257
08-02-2019, 06:47 AM
I'll also be contacting Bob Finn again regarding the opportunity for an alumni event in College Station. The DFW chapter was able to score a suite at SMU, it was a great event.

What is your plan regarding tickets? I have gone to games when they are within a reasonable drive but have never had the opportunity to obtain tickets that put me in an area with other Gonzaga fans. I like your idea about contacting Bob to see about a social, but it would be good to find seats where other Zag fans are located too.

TexasZagFan
08-02-2019, 10:46 AM
What is your plan regarding tickets? I have gone to games when they are within a reasonable drive but have never had the opportunity to obtain tickets that put me in an area with other Gonzaga fans. I like your idea about contacting Bob to see about a social, but it would be good to find seats where other Zag fans are located too.

My plan usually involves "seat of the pants" planning. That's how I ended up in the Wyoming section in Albuquerque. lol

I don't think road venues have a designated Gonzaga section, unless the school takes on an allotment of tickets.

scott257
08-06-2019, 03:25 PM
My plan usually involves "seat of the pants" planning. That's how I ended up in the Wyoming section in Albuquerque. lol

I don't think road venues have a designated Gonzaga section, unless the school takes on an allotment of tickets.

I imagine you are right. I will keep an eye out and contact A&M to see if they do have a visitors section.