PDA

View Full Version : Tillie coming back!

zagsfanforlife
05-28-2019, 02:14 PM
According to Jeff Goodman, Tillie will be returning. Big News! Now stay healthy and show the scouts what you can do!

OntZags
05-28-2019, 02:34 PM
A little surprised and a lot excited! :explode:

I hope he can kick ass, stay healthy and put together an AA campaign. Would be super rewarding to watch that after all he's dealt with.

ZagNative
05-28-2019, 02:38 PM
Fromm twitter:

Jeff Goodman
‏Verified account @GoodmanHoops
28m28 minutes ago

Gonzaga’s Killian Tillie is expected to return to school, source told @Stadium. HUGE news for the Zags. If he can stay healthy, could be a guy who moves into first-round lock conversation a year from now.

jazzdelmar
05-28-2019, 02:40 PM
Great news. Welcome back, Tils. Do your thing. Best recruit in years; six stars.

scott257
05-28-2019, 02:44 PM
This is great news. We were just given a gift from the Gods of Basketball.

DixieZag
05-28-2019, 02:53 PM
Great news. Welcome back, Tils. Do your thing. Best recruit in years.

Jaxz, as our only poster to have attended the top J-school around, is it really "news" or is it, for now, a rumor, even if strong?

"Expected to come back" is not "announced he's coming back."

And through "sources" can be trusted in most major news outlets, that won't report without 3 independent corroborators. But in a tweet, he needs only "one" source, and we don't know who. Coach Few? Yeah, that's a decent source. The student trainer just giving his best guess at this point "expected" not so much.

It is hugely welcome.

We should be happy, and more hopeful, and welcoming.

But we probably shouldn't say "it's fact" until Tillie announces or GU announces.

Just IMO.

Zagdawg
05-28-2019, 02:58 PM
This one references Goodmans tweet.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/05/28/killian-tillie-returning-to-gonzaga/

229SintoZag
05-28-2019, 03:33 PM
This one references Goodmans tweet.

https://collegebasketball.nbcsports.com/2019/05/28/killian-tillie-returning-to-gonzaga/

Great news. I hope and expect his return may be the best since Karno came back after his tough back injury. We all know how that turned out.

The beat goes on.....

amaronizag
05-28-2019, 03:34 PM
I hope Killian focuses on getting his body in top shape and forgets about the National team this year. He needs to laser focus on his training and nothing else. If he starts the season strong, stays healthy, and can improve next season, the sky is the limit. He can't limp through next season if he wants a career in basketball. Really hoping he can stay healthy. The kid has worked so hard for so long he has earned a break in basketball and in life.

TexasZagFan
05-28-2019, 03:39 PM
I hope Killian focuses on getting his body in top shape and forgets about the National team this year. He needs to laser focus on his training and nothing else. If he starts the season strong, stays healthy, and can improve next season, the sky is the limit. He can't limp through next season if he wants a career in basketball. Really hoping he can stay healthy. The kid has worked so hard for so long he has earned a break in basketball and in life.

Well said! I'm just hoping he gets back to full health.

jazzdelmar
05-28-2019, 03:43 PM
I think we’re good, Dix. Just enjoy.

Jaxz, as our only poster to have attended the top J-school around, is it really "news" or is it, for now, a rumor, even if strong?

And through "sources" can be trusted in most major news outlets, that won't report without 3 independent corroborators. But in a tweet, he needs only "one" source, and we don't know who. Coach Few? Yeah, that's a decent source. The student trainer just giving his best guess at this point "expected" not so much.

It is hugely welcome.

But we probably shouldn't say "it's fact" until Tillie announces or GU announces.

Just IMO.

OntZags
05-28-2019, 04:03 PM
I hope Killian focuses on getting his body in top shape and forgets about the National team this year.

I'm not sure there really is National team opportunity for him this off season. He's too old for the u-19 & I doubt he'd be in contention for the senior team at this point, especially with the injuries.

JPtheBeasta
05-28-2019, 04:31 PM
Let the lineup discussions begin!!

I’m happy for me that he’s coming back. I feel bad for him but he really is poised to launch himself into Round 1 draft status next year. He doesn’t seem to have the alpha scoring mentality of Olynyk but he does have the opportunity to be an All-American player next year, as was already mentioned. Our defense instantly got better, too.

Mantua
05-28-2019, 05:01 PM
Now we have a senior, a leader and a team captain. I feel good about Tillie getting a degree.

White lightning
05-28-2019, 05:29 PM
Like Karno, Tillie will be surrounded with great physical therapists, weight training and medical to get him back to 100%. Tough to do this outside of Gonzaga if he didn't get drafted. Win for both sides. Great to have him back!!

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

GonzagasaurusFlex
05-28-2019, 06:09 PM
Great news! Tillie and Timme w Petrusev is sweet bigs rotation + time for Zhakarov or Ballo to dip their toes in too.

https://youtu.be/fGDQ9IukMOc

MDABE80
05-28-2019, 06:12 PM
Now we have a senior, a leader and a team captain. I feel good about Tillie getting a degree.

This is huge factor! Corey. Not there yet. We just got A huge boost at many levels.

ZagzKrak
05-28-2019, 06:14 PM
is Tillie the last guy on the team that was in the Championship game? I think so.

GonzaGAW
05-28-2019, 06:51 PM
- welcome back!
- timing is great, thornton in town visiting, just one more good selling point........hope he commits, he could be the last piece to the puzzle.

sittingon50
05-28-2019, 07:10 PM
:clap::clap::clap:

kdaleb
05-28-2019, 07:40 PM
Huge news for the Zags. I'm heart broken for Killian - in that his body has really been a problem.

But I am so excited for him to have the opportunity to prove what he can do. We know he can do it. Now he just needs to show the NBA execs that he can stay healthy.

cggonzaga
05-28-2019, 09:47 PM
Let the lineup discussions begin!!

I’m happy for me that he’s coming back. I feel bad for him but he really is poised to launch himself into Round 1 draft status next year. He doesn’t seem to have the alpha scoring mentality of Olynyk but he does have the opportunity to be an All-American player next year, as was already mentioned. Our defense instantly got better, too.

Ok...

Thornton
Gildor
Kispert
Tillie
Petrusev....all of the sudden we’re a very mature team

Watson
Timme
Ravet
Foster
A couple of the other freshmen perhaps

Gives Watson, Timme and Ravet time to adjust. They will be terrific off the bench though! This could be a fun year after all.

GonzagasaurusFlex
05-29-2019, 02:01 AM
Ok...

Thornton
Gildor
Kispert
Tillie
Petrusev....all of the sudden we’re a very mature team

Watson
Timme
Ravet
Foster

Gives Watson, Timme and Ravet time to adjust. They will be terrific off the bench though! This could be a fun year after all.

I’m hoping Ayayi has a developmental “gets it” growth spurt and proves comfortable enough in Zags system this season to earn backup SG minutes behind Gildor while Ravet covers backup PG minutes. Also hoping one of Zhakarov or Ballo earns backup minutes at the 5.

GonzagasaurusFlex
05-29-2019, 02:02 AM
Ok...

Thornton
Gildor
Kispert
Tillie
Petrusev....all of the sudden were a very mature team

Watson
Timme
Ravet
Foster

Im hoping Ayayi has a developmental gets it growth spurt and proves comfortable enough in Zags system this season to earn backup SG minutes behind Gildor while Ravet covers backup PG minutes. Also hoping one of Zhakarov or Ballo earns backup minutes at the 5.

jazzdelmar
05-29-2019, 03:15 AM
Timme starts from day one or at least day two.

CarolinaZagFan
05-29-2019, 03:22 AM
Wow! Wasn’t expecting this! Sure hope he can stay healthy next year!

DixieZag
05-29-2019, 04:52 AM

It is hugely welcome.

Just IMO.

I just realized, my own post could be read to infer that I had actually attended

No, I'd never get in

Jazz on the other hand

How else to explain his ability to find problems in winning the lotto? :)

bartruff1
05-29-2019, 04:54 AM
Happy to admit I was 100% wrong....if he is healthy enough to play near his potential, he could be a All American...

zagamatic
05-29-2019, 05:22 AM
This news does confirm what a source told me who claims to have talked to Tillie a few days ago. As I didn't hear it from him myself, I didn't want to post anything. But it really makes the most sense unless he had been given a guaranteed contract in Europe. Super happy for him and certainly hope that he stays healthy. I would really like to see what he can do when he's both healthy and knows that he's only got one last year to make an impression for a very high paying job.

Zagger
05-29-2019, 06:17 AM
Hope Tillie coming back is fact. I really think its best for him all around. A degree from GU would be gold in his pocket if injuries kept raising their ugly heads. GUs good at conditioning too so - Win/win in my book. Tillie back will help the other GU bigs in the mentorship category.

caldwellzag
05-29-2019, 06:29 AM

Back for a post... Huge news on Tillie. I doubt Thorton ever leaves Spokane. Have a great summer guys!

zagitup
05-29-2019, 06:33 AM
Back for a post... Huge news on Tillie. I doubt Thorton ever leaves Spokane. Have a great summer guys!

:clap:

Welcome back CZ!

Bogozags
05-29-2019, 06:33 AM

I heard its a three day waiting period before starting...just like for a marriage license

caldwellzag
05-29-2019, 06:36 AM

Oh and I quoted Jazz because Timme starts from day 1. Filip will be our super sub next year. Honestly Timme is that good!

caldwellzag
05-29-2019, 06:37 AM
:clap:

Welcome back CZ!

Thanks! It's a big 24 hour stretch for the Zags I had to put a message out to you guys.

Reborn
05-29-2019, 06:38 AM
Just finished viewing some Thornton videos. I'm surprised that his shooting percentages was so low because he has a real nice shot. His form and techniques are solid imo. He does have a nice pull-up jump shot, and goes to the basket quite well. He has a nice left handed lay up. He has the physique to score inside. The videos also showed he's a real good passer which I'm sure Few is looking for.

What interests me about Thornton is why has he NOT blossomed as an elite point guard. He's a five star recruit out of high school and was signed by Duke. That's quite an honor. He had problems there, and it seems the same thing happened at USC as he was sent to the bench the last five games of the year last year. Is there any word about him agreeing to come to Gonzaga.

strikenowhere
05-29-2019, 06:50 AM

Please stay!

TexasZagFan
05-29-2019, 06:55 AM

Drew at the 5, Killian at the 4?

I'm glad we have several months to discuss potential lineups.

willandi
05-29-2019, 07:02 AM

Could be. I expect that the pre-season practices will work things out. As excited as I am about Timme, I expect Petrusev to get the start unless he gets blown out of the water.

cggonzaga
05-29-2019, 07:04 AM
Oh and I quoted Jazz because Timme starts from day 1. Filip will be our super sub next year. Honestly Timme is that good!

I agree Timme is that good. My belief is he gives us more versatility off the bench but if he beats out Tillie or Petrusev for a starting spot so be it.

jazzdelmar
05-29-2019, 07:06 AM

Plenty of mins at 4-5 for Tils, Petro and Timmy. The 3 will be a key spot. Same as it ever was.

caldwellzag
05-29-2019, 07:07 AM
Plenty of mins at 4-5 for Tils, Petro and Timmy. The 3 will be a key spot.

Anton is going to log big minutes at the 3-4. Corey will start at the 3, but Anton will play starter minutes.

jazzdelmar
05-29-2019, 07:09 AM
Anton is going to log big minutes at the 3-4. Corey will start at the 3, but Anton will play starter minutes.

Your mouth to Few's ears....:)

ZagBlue
05-29-2019, 07:12 AM

Again, welcome back for even a few moments CZ! I heard the same on Thornton several weeks ago when he announced his intent to transfer. Although he may leave Spokane without announcing a commitment to the public, I too would be shocked if he has not committed to our staff by the end of the visit (whether we the public find out or not).

And yes, Timme is the real deal. Very exciting times for Zag fans if we land Thornton. In a matter of weeks, we will have transformed a roster from a legit rebuilding year (albeit with a good but not great and inexperienced roster) to a legit top 15 type team again. Fingers crossed that this last piece comes together as planned/expected.

caldwellzag
05-29-2019, 07:17 AM
Your mouth to Few's ears....:)

Got my fly fishing trip planned leaving June 8th we will have to see who all joins me. Epic hatch, epic trout, epic company!

caldwellzag
05-29-2019, 07:19 AM
Again, welcome back for even a few moments CZ! I heard the same on Thornton several weeks ago when he announced his intent to transfer. Although he may leave Spokane without announcing a commitment to the public, I too would be shocked if he has not committed to our staff by the end of the visit (whether we the public find out or not).

And yes, Timme is the real deal. Very exciting times for Zag fans if we land Thornton. In a matter of weeks, we will have transformed a roster from a legit rebuilding year (albeit with a good but not great and inexperienced roster) to a legit top 15 type team again. Fingers crossed that this last piece comes together as planned/expected.

Only this morning then it's back to a technology detox. On the positive side I do miss the interaction on here!

Zags_Fanatic
05-29-2019, 07:21 AM
Only this morning then it's back to a technology detox. On the positive side I do miss the interaction on here!

Good to see you, caldwellzag. Can you confirm the Tillie news? All Ive seen is the Goodman tweet but no press release so Im still kinda on edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

IowaSERE
05-29-2019, 07:27 AM
Got my fly fishing trip planned leaving June 8th we will have to see who all joins me. Epic hatch, epic trout, epic company!

I'm in Whitefish if you ever want to wet a line....

caldwellzag
05-29-2019, 07:31 AM
Good to see you, caldwellzag. Can you confirm the Tillie news? All I’ve seen is the Goodman tweet but no press release so I’m still kinda on edge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am surprised there has not been a formal announcement. Expect it today. Honestly, if it wasn't this big of news I would have stayed off here, if that helps you.

caldwellzag
05-29-2019, 07:31 AM
I'm in Whitefish if you ever want to wet a line....

That's music to my ears. Idaho is going to get hit hard this summer and Montana is next summer, so I will hit you up!

MEZAG
05-29-2019, 08:07 AM

You have piqued my interest, I too leave around the same time for hopefully an epic hatch. Salmonflies or Brown drakes?

caldwellzag
05-29-2019, 08:10 AM
You have piqued my interest, I too leave around the same time for hopefully an epic hatch. Salmonflies or Brown drakes?

Both. Brown drakes first then salmonflies after. Hoping to catch both at the peak, it has been pretty wet and a late wet this year, so hopefully they come off "normal" time wise.

Hooray4Daye&Gray
05-29-2019, 09:13 AM

And a great Zags morning it is! I'm glad you're refreshing your batteries on the technology detox if it means you are able to drop by from time to time like today.

While we have you, any words on Jalen Suggs that we can dissect inside and out as we continue to wait on hopefully landing our highest rated recruit in program history?

Appreciate all of your insight. Enjoy your upcoming vacation!

ZagsObserver
05-29-2019, 09:27 AM
And a great Zags morning it is! I'm glad you're refreshing your batteries on the technology detox if it means you are able to drop by from time to time like today.

While we have you, any words on Jalen Suggs that we can dissect inside and out as we continue to wait on hopefully landing our highest rated recruit in program history?

Agreed. We need something that we can meticulously pore over for the balance of your sabbatical.

MDABE80
05-29-2019, 09:39 AM
Stick around Caldwell. We miss ya!

caldwellzag
05-29-2019, 09:40 AM

We are in the calm before the storm period. There is a reason our staff passed on Jenkins and Ellis and others. 2020 is headlined by a two headed monster right now, the staff wants to make it a three headed monster and maybe after Kraziness a four headed monster of monsters.

caldwellzag
05-29-2019, 09:41 AM
Stick around Caldwell. We miss ya!

Today is it for me for a few weeks. I got to get myself ready to go slam the Brown's! That being said I will pop in from time to time, just not daily or weekly.

cggonzaga
05-29-2019, 09:56 AM
We are in the calm before the storm period. There is a reason our staff passed on Jenkins and Ellis and others. 2020 is headlined by a two headed monster right now, the staff wants to make it a three headed monster and maybe after Kraziness a four headed monster of monsters.

Suggs and Kessler?!

ZagsGoZags
05-29-2019, 09:59 AM
I am glad for Ballo.
He said he called off visits to other colleges during his recruitment after he visited with French speaking Ayayi and Tillie. None of the other schools offered players with his home language, and I think he called it 'heaven.'

ZagBlue
05-29-2019, 10:27 AM
Suggs and Kessler?!

Yes

JPtheBeasta
05-29-2019, 11:03 AM
Both. Brown drakes first then salmonflies after. Hoping to catch both at the peak, it has been pretty wet and a late wet this year, so hopefully they come off "normal" time wise.

I was hoping maybe for a Suggsfish.

cggonzaga
05-29-2019, 11:20 AM
Yes

Wow! Number 1 class in the country I’d imagine!

Hooray4Daye&Gray
05-29-2019, 11:45 AM
Gonzaga has officially announced Tillie is returning - https://gozags.com/news/2019/5/29/mens-basketball-tillie-returning-for-senior-season.aspx

Also, Payton Pritchard has withdrawn from the NBA draft - https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/05/payton-pritchard-withdraws-from-nba-draft-returning-to-oregon-for-senior-season.html

With Bol Bol, Louis King, Kenny Wooten going pro, 2 more graduating, and 2 more transferring, is Pritchard really going to stay at Oregon? I know he ended the season on a super high note, but is it really worth returning to Oregon to play with Will Richardson instead of reigniting the grad transfer rumors to play with Killian Tillie and the boys?

zagbeliever
05-29-2019, 12:14 PM
BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!!! #zagup

Bogozags
05-29-2019, 12:23 PM
Suggs and Kessler?!

Not sure why a 5* big man would even consider coming to GU with the three post players coming in this year? Granted Timme might play the PF but listening to Kessler sometime ago, he sure wasn't looking into West Coast schools...

Not saying we wouldn't want him but just not seeing a one&done coming to a school with three sophomore bigs...

Maybe Suggs and Harvey?

ZagBlue
05-29-2019, 12:33 PM
Not sure why a 5* big man would even consider coming to GU with the three post players coming in this year? Granted Timme might play the PF but listening to Kessler sometime ago, he sure wasn't looking into West Coast schools...

Not saying we wouldn't want him but just not seeing a one&done coming to a school with three sophomore bigs...

Maybe Suggs and Harvey?

Kessler is not a one and done prospect at this point. His high ranking is because his upside is through the roof but he is admittedly well aware that he needs some time to develop strength etc. I do agree that we have a handful of very good bigs but the reason for that is the same reason that Kessler would consider coming, Gonzaga has turned into a factory for producing NBA bigs. The track record is there and these bigs notice. Finally, you are correct that Kessler never previously showed interest in going to school out West but that was before Powell joined our staff. It can't be stressed enough how strong that relationship is. Is it enough to overcome the distance from Georgia and the academic disparity between let's say a Virginia or Michigan, we shall see. The reality though is that Kessler wants to be a pro and Gonzaga produces pros.

Bogozags
05-29-2019, 12:41 PM
Kessler is not a one and done prospect at this point. His high ranking is because his upside is through the roof but he is admittedly well aware that he needs some time to develop strength etc. I do agree that we have a handful of very good bigs but the reason for that is the same reason that Kessler would consider coming, Gonzaga has turned into a factory for producing NBA bigs. The track record is there and these bigs notice. Finally, you are correct that Kessler never previously showed interest in going to school out West but that was before Powell joined our staff. It can't be stressed enough how strong that relationship is. Is it enough to overcome the distance from Georgia and the academic disparity between let's say a Virginia or Michigan, we shall see. The reality though is that Kessler wants to be a pro and Gonzaga produces pros.

He would be a legacy at UGA but he has said that UGA is not a lock. Duke is looking at him pretty hard too and they have had even greater success of putting big men in the NBA...who knows what the future brings...no crystal ball here and like I said, am sure we wouldn't turn him down if he was interested...we have already had one bench player that was a one & done...stranger things have been known to happen...

maynard g krebs
05-29-2019, 01:43 PM
With Bol Bol, Louis King, Kenny Wooten going pro, 2 more graduating, and 2 more transferring, is Pritchard really going to stay at Oregon? I know he ended the season on a super high note, but is it really worth returning to Oregon to play with Will Richardson instead of reigniting the grad transfer rumors to play with Killian Tillie and the boys?

With the assumed addition of Thornton, it looks like the Zags have a full house. Oregon only has six scholarship players at the moment, but it's a fairly strong starting lineup w/ four guys were top 50 or better recruits and the reported #1 juco guy last yr, and they'll pick up a couple more transfers/late signees.

Sounds like that ship has sailed.

NotoriousZ
05-29-2019, 03:51 PM
Miss a couple days and look what happens.

A Tillie/Timme front court is gonna be quite a powerful force!

jazzdelmar
05-29-2019, 04:06 PM
Can learn an awful lot from each other.

[[/B]
Miss a couple days and look what happens.

A Tillie/Timme front court is gonna be quite a powerful force!

DixieZag
05-29-2019, 05:10 PM
I heard it’s a three day waiting period before starting...just like for a marriage license

Wait, what?

Hmmm, another one I might've had wrong.

Oh, wait, you mean waiting for the marriage LICENSE BEFORE the marriage, and not waiting for three days after the marriage to have personal license to ….

Ah, that clears it up. I think I'm in the clear …. I think.

Zagdawg
05-29-2019, 06:15 PM
Killian Tillie

@KillianTillie
6h6 hours ago
More
See you next year ZagNation! One last round to get that ‘ship #SeniorSZN Gonzaga University - McCarthey Athletic Center https://www.instagram.com/p/ByD0SEcgXSS/?

SorenTodd45
05-29-2019, 06:44 PM
Gonzaga has officially announced Tillie is returning - https://gozags.com/news/2019/5/29/mens-basketball-tillie-returning-for-senior-season.aspx

Also, Payton Pritchard has withdrawn from the NBA draft - https://www.oregonlive.com/ducks/2019/05/payton-pritchard-withdraws-from-nba-draft-returning-to-oregon-for-senior-season.html

I am so geeked about Tils returning I can hardly sit down. I knew all along he would make the right decision. About Payton though, he is starting his senior year, so if he transfers, won't he have to sit out a year? Tils will have graduated by then.

Hoopaholic
05-29-2019, 07:50 PM
Killian Tillie

@KillianTillie
6h6 hours ago
More
See you next year ZagNation! One last round to get that ship #SeniorSZN Gonzaga University - McCarthey Athletic Center https://www.instagram.com/p/ByD0SEcgXSS/?

Love me some tille tille. Going to have monster year

Zagceo
05-29-2019, 08:50 PM
Not surprised.....happy for us and him.

Work hard this summer and with a little luck...might make AA. :cheers:

ZagWhisperer
05-30-2019, 09:48 AM
Which is Bigger News, Caldwellzag coming back or Tilling coming back? ;)

roxdoc
05-30-2019, 10:48 AM
Caldwell

caldwellzag
06-01-2019, 07:35 AM
Which is Bigger News, Caldwellzag coming back or Tilling coming back? ;)

Not even close, Tillie by a mile, but it has been twice in a week for me... DT and a VC this weekend :pray: