• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jazzdelmar
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

The Admiral salutes BC

From the Athletic:

Admiral Schofield, Tennessee.....“The toughest player I faced in college last year was Brandon Clarke. Just because our scouting report didn’t talk about all of the things and all of the tools that he had under his belt. He’s stronger than he looks. ..."

• ZagNative
    Zag for Life
    • Feb 2007

Very cool! Can't wait to see where he goes in the draft.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
      Zag for Life
      • Feb 2007

I hope Rui or Brandon aren't drafted #12 by Charlotte. We all saw what MJ did to Ammo, and his teams rarely make the playoffs.

Comment

• raise the zag
        Zag for Life
        • May 2011

Rumor is my hometown T Wolves gave Rui a 'guarantee' at 11. Supposedly, it's the primary reason he cancelled Combine invite and several workouts. He's now working out only for teams he wants to because one team offered a guarantee spot...and Minnesota is the one being mentioned.

Actually I feel Clarke fits better w/ Karl Anthony Towns than Rui, but Rui guarantee being reported by local news affiliates.

They likely view Rui as Small Forward, which would make more sense.

Comment

• slickguser
          Kennel Club Material
          • Nov 2013

Thanks for this info. I like hearing this type of more localized regional info. I dont know much about the NBA teams outside of the teams the old dogs are on. I would like to track Minnesota since it is closer to home than others. Either way, I am excited for Rui! He will be great to watch.

I am also very excited for Brandon. He will clearly keep showing people how great of a player and teammate he is. An exciting year for sure.

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
            • Feb 2007

Originally posted by TexasZagFan View Post
            I hope Rui or Brandon aren't drafted #12 by Charlotte. We all saw what MJ did to Ammo, and his teams rarely make the playoffs.
            In fairness to MJ... not that he deserves much leeway as Charlotte has been as bad or worse than my Knicks over the last 5 years... but it was Larry Brown who kept telling Ammo to stand in a corner instead of creating his own shot.
            "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• willandi
              Zag for Life
              • Nov 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
              In fairness to MJ... not that he deserves much leeway as Charlotte has been as bad or worse than my Knicks over the last 5 years... but it was Larry Brown who kept telling Ammo to stand in a corner instead of creating his own shot.
              Was he in OK City with Sabonis too?

Just kidding
              Not even a smile? What's your problem!

Comment

• LongIslandZagFan
                • Feb 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post

Just kidding
                LOL.. that is all Billy D.
                "And Morrison? He did what All-Americans do. He shot daggers in the daylight and stole a win." - Steve Kelley (Seattle Times)

"Gonzaga is a special place, with special people!" - Dan Dickau #21

Foo me once shame on you, Foo me twice shame on me.

2012 Foostrodamus - Foothsayer of Death

Comment

• DZ
                  Zag for Life
                  • Sep 2007

Originally posted by LongIslandZagFan View Post
                  Who one goes to sure seems to matter, doesn't it?

Watching Leonard in the playoffs, not sure why players aren't knocking the door down to get to San Antonio. He has lots of natural gifts, and a high BB IQ. But he's also been taught, very well.

Yeah, with Ammo, that's such a waste of talent having him just be a pop shooter. Like a race horse being with the clydesdales.
                  Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause and reflect.
                  Mark Twain.

Comment

• TexasZagFan
                    Zag for Life
                    • Feb 2007

Originally posted by DixieZag View Post
                    Who one goes to sure seems to matter, doesn't it?

Watching Leonard in the playoffs, not sure why players aren't knocking the door down to get to San Antonio.

Yeah, with Ammo, that's such a waste of talent having him just be a pop shooter. Like a race horse being with the clydesdales.
                    Great analogy, Dixie. I saw Ammo play at Dallas during his rookie year. During the first half, he looked bored/disinterested while his PG Raymond Felton dominated the ball.

Midway in the third, and into the first few minutes of the fourth, Ammo was inserted into the lineup with the Mavericks in command of the game. For 8-10 minutes, it was Ammo at his best: looking for his shot, moving away from the ball...he scored about a dozen points during that time.

Comment

• Mantua
                      Zag for Life
                      • Mar 2007

Originally posted by willandi View Post

Just kidding
                      ...but much a much appreciated take on the NBA’s true nature during NBA hype time.

(See Klay Thompson)
                      Bonjour tristesse.

Comment

• Ezag
                        Zag for Life
                        • Feb 2007

Admiral may be his name but the "real" admiral was David Robinson

Comment

Working...
                        X