PDA

View Full Version : Sacre on D

ZagNut08
11-08-2007, 10:07 PM
Not sure if others noticed/were watching, but he is the most vocal big man I have seen in quite some time anchoring a zone defense. I was a few rows back and could clearly hear everything he made regarding offensive players shifting, and telling players to slide over.

Also, he showed good help D. He is gonna be a force inside in the coming seasons.

Lastly, it is hard for big men like him to post up against shorter players. It may sound stupid if you have never posted up much, but it is easier for shorter people to use their lower center of gravity (thanks for the edit) and get into you. Sometimes this results in settling for a shot and not being able to back your man down in the post, just fyi

Birddog
11-09-2007, 04:40 AM
it is easier for shorter people to use their LSG and get into you

I don't understand, can you explain?

Birddog

zzzjag
11-09-2007, 07:38 AM
I am guessing LSG is referring to Lower Center of Gravity. Meaning a shorter post up player would be able to maneuver more effectively in the post vs Sacre.

sullyzag66
11-09-2007, 09:05 AM
I am guessing LSG is referring to Lower Center of Gravity. Meaning a shorter post up player would be able to maneuver more effectively in the post vs Sacre.
Wouldn't that be "Lower Senter (sic) of Gravity"?

mdZag23
11-09-2007, 10:08 AM
Zagnut, agree totally on the defensive comments but wait a second on the posting up smaller players stuff.

Two comments:

1. if a bigger player isn't getting good post position on a smaller, and I mean significantly smaller player, then he's not doing his job! This scenario should result in a layup or a foul 90% of the time. I don't think he is going to have a problem with that, but we will see.

2. I think the problem is generally with the officiating when it comes to bigger players posting up smaller players. The officials tend to not officiate this the same way as they do if there are 2 equal players battling for position. I don't know why, but I see it all the time. It often ends in a charge call due to the size difference or the official just lets the smaller player hack away.

brasszag
11-09-2007, 10:10 AM
2. I think the problem is generally with the officiating when it comes to bigger players posting up smaller players. The officials tend to not officiate this the same way as they do if there are 2 equal players battling for position. I don't know why, but I see it all the time. It often ends in a charge call due to the size difference or the official just lets the smaller player hack away.

Unless the smaller guy is Pendo :-)

OZZag
11-09-2007, 03:48 PM
Will having Kuso, Sacre and Davis allow the Zags to be more aggressive against other teams bigs (Like Samhan)? If one gets into a little foul trouble they still have two "bangers" on the bench?

Reborn
11-09-2007, 04:01 PM
My son was in K2 for the game and said that Sacre was just unbelievable. He said he is SOOOOOOOO big and toned too. He said he felt that Sacre was something we haven't really seen before. I was impressed by THAT statement. And I really look forward to seeing something like that....especially when Turiof was so tough. He believes Sacre will be better than Turiof.....

SunDevilGolfZag
11-09-2007, 04:37 PM
Posting up is one thing; getting Wilson or Spalding imprinted on your forehead is quite another problem

BobZag
11-09-2007, 04:41 PM
Not sure if others noticed/were watching, but he is the most vocal big man I have seen in quite some time anchoring a zone defense. I was a few rows back and could clearly hear everything he made regarding offensive players shifting, and telling players to slide over.

Also, he showed good help D. He is gonna be a force inside in the coming seasons.

Lastly, it is hard for big men like him to post up against shorter players. It may sound stupid if you have never posted up much, but it is easier for shorter people to use their LSG and get into you. Sometimes this results in settling for a shot and not being able to back your man down in the post, just fyi

We were too far away to hear Sacre except when an Emporia player inbounded the ball below us; Sacre was shouting at the guy. (Good job, Rob) It would also seem/feel awkward when trying to back down a smaller player, and you'd just know he'll flop.

Agree wholeheartedly: Sacre could be very special in a couple years, 7'0" and all.

kyle dixon
11-09-2007, 05:19 PM
Also, very impressed with Sacre. My insomnia is caused by what the player rotations will be. I guess that is why Fewie makes the big bucks :D

Scotto
11-09-2007, 05:42 PM
He's played his whole career against smaller posts. Usually there are two or three of them surrounding him!

KSTATEZAG
11-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Rob could get his chance...like immediately.

Birddog
11-09-2007, 08:45 PM
"Lower Senter (sic) of Gravity"?

Doh!

Birddog

sittingon50
11-09-2007, 08:59 PM
In Rob's case, the preferred is centre.;)

Zagtopia
11-10-2007, 03:14 PM
My son was in K2 for the game and said that Sacre was just unbelievable. He said he is SOOOOOOOO big and toned too. He said he felt that Sacre was something we haven't really seen before. I was impressed by THAT statement. And I really look forward to seeing something like that....especially when Turiof was so tough. He believes Sacre will be better than Turiof.....

Can't wait to see Sacre blow past Big Country....That old boy needs a trip to wood shed. Sacre should provide a classic woopin. Got a find him a nickname.

zag67
11-10-2007, 04:15 PM
I just watched the double OT game. It was something else. But one of the keys for us in that game was having 3 big men that banged the boards hard. Having Kuso and Sacre now and hopefully later (not too much later) having Theo, I think that we will have the people that can hit the boards. I think we will see some of that against Montana.