PDA

View Full Version : The Cameron "not so" Crazies ?

former1dog
11-08-2007, 07:17 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/ncaab/news;_ylt=AqCXean.d4rnkw289XgFaNXevbYF?slug=ap-duke-cameroncrazies&prov=ap&type=lgns

RenoZag
11-08-2007, 07:35 PM
The arena seats 9,314 people and 1,200 tickets are reserved for students, who stand in bleachers along the sides of the court. The university has about 6,200 undergraduate students who can attend games for free.

Last year, some Duke games drew as few as 900 students, Bazzani said.

:mecry: :mecry: :mecry:

Zag By the Bay
11-09-2007, 06:32 AM
Wow kind of surprise, but then again not so much these days. Students/fans hold high expectations for their teams and if they don't perfrom the fans don't show up as much. I was fortunate enough to attend a ACC game at Cameron back in the mid 90's and the atmosphere was off the hook. The Crazies never sat down even at halftime...but times change.
IMO the Kennel will fade away if the Zags ever started losing. At the 1st Round of the NCAA vs Indiana in Sacramento you could a pin drop for most of the game. The GU crowd was more passive than active.

ZagNut08
11-11-2007, 08:25 AM
could these games be over xmas break? I know our student section is far from full during our xmas break

Zag79
11-11-2007, 04:34 PM
speaking of the student section, the kennel club was DRAGGING today. i bet at times not even half of the group was bouncing around making noise. it was flat. i saw doing your thing 08, the others need help. ;)