PDA

View Full Version : 2019 Admon Gilder Grad Transfer Committed

MDABE80
04-28-2019, 01:46 AM
http://www.spokesman.com/stories/2019/apr/27/gonzaga-among-programs-in-mix-for-texas-am-grad-tr/
Good size, shoots wellÖ..

Therunner
04-28-2019, 04:27 AM
Texas Tech is hot right now. Their Coach took full advantage of the spotlight, and earned a ton of interest from players and programs alike. He is quite the salesman-y Coach.

Will be tough to sway him from there, plus his home state. Gotta wonder if the Zags facing his old team hurts us instead of helps us?

Tech loses Mooney, Culver, Owens, Odiase, and Francis (all 5 were instrumental in beating Zags). Mooney and Francis were 2 of their top 3 guards, Moretti their only guard left on the team.

gonzagafan62
04-28-2019, 05:48 AM
He’s going to Tech

zagsfanforlife
04-28-2019, 08:06 AM
We have been talking about him for almost a month now. Not sure he’s new.

And if he goes to tech— barring someone new becoming a grad transfer and cam Mack, hazzard, Ingram, and others already committing, looks like we are looking at a geno type talent or worse leading our squad next year.

TexasZagFan
04-28-2019, 08:35 AM
We have been talking about him for almost a month now. Not sure he’s new.

And if he goes to tech— barring someone new becoming a grad transfer and cam Mack, hazzard, Ingram, and others already committing, looks like we are looking at a geno type talent or worse leading our squad next year.

IIRC, the discussion of Geno's abilities were based upon the one game he played against us. I don't recall any discussion about how he'd perform against the higher caliber of teams the GU plays against, as opposed to North Dakota's opponents. His injury complicated his period of transition IMO, though he upped his play as the season progressed.

That's probably why I didn't mind so much Abe Hazzard signing with Arizona. Like so many here, I trust the staff, fully knowing that not every player that comes here will play starring roles.

jazzdelmar
04-28-2019, 09:38 AM
Geno was valiant. But mostly a miss. He was supposed to spell Josh but never demonstrated pg ability. He was a one hit wonder, the game vs GU.

IIRC, the discussion of Geno's abilities were based upon the one game he played against us. I don't recall any discussion about how he'd perform against the higher caliber of teams the GU plays against, as opposed to North Dakota's opponents. His injury complicated his period of transition IMO, though he upped his play as the season progressed.

That's probably why I didn't mind so much Abe Hazzard signing with Arizona. Like so many here, I trust the staff, fully knowing that not every player that comes here will play starring roles.

TexasZagFan
04-28-2019, 09:53 AM
Geno was valiant. But mostly a miss. He was supposed to spell Josh but never demonstrated pg ability. He was a one hit wonder, the game vs GU.

Damn shame, we needed more production off the bench against Tech, and we didn't get it. 4 of our 5 starters played 34 or more minutes...Josh had 38. Valiant effort by Josh, but the tank was empty at the end of the game. Geno: 8 minutes, 0 points. Jeremy 13 minutes, 0 points. Killian 11 minutes, 3 points. Their ineffectiveness forced Few's hand in the second half.

Just my opinion, that's all, and I'm not putting the blame on the bench. They didn't commit those 16 turnovers, nor were they the reason we hit less than 30% from three point land.

I think Gilder will have an easier path to more minutes next year in Spokane, given the upheaval in personnel and a much younger team.

jazzdelmar
04-28-2019, 10:05 AM
Our self styled lottery pick was 3-11, start there.

Damn shame, we needed more production off the bench against Tech, and we didn't get it. 4 of our 5 starters played 34 or more minutes...Josh had 38. Valiant effort by Josh, but the tank was empty at the end of the game. Geno: 8 minutes, 0 points. Jeremy 13 minutes, 0 points. Killian 11 minutes, 3 points. Their ineffectiveness forced Few's hand in the second half.

Just my opinion, that's all, and I'm not putting the blame on the bench. They didn't commit those 16 turnovers, nor were they the reason we hit less than 30% from three point land.

I think Gilder will have an easier path to more minutes next year in Spokane, given the upheaval in personnel and a much younger team.

raise the zag
04-28-2019, 10:08 AM

In one of the prediction threads awhile back, I posted and felt our ceiling was Elite 8 and we were "one player away" from Final 4. That is verbatim.

I felt we lacked either 1 more big or guard off the bench to provide consistent production, esp in a tight game vs high level opponent.

Unfortunately, this rang true. And how I felt all season long.

Even WITH Tillie, who was still getting back in shape again, and still is to this day.

We needed more depth. A player to make a clutch shot when Norvell couldn't make a bucket, or someone to play aggressive on offense. That wasn't Jones, Geno. Et al. Great players in their own right yet timely finesse players who lacked scoring ability.

Its why 2021 or 2022 is so intriguing, quality depth. Depth that is effective, big, can score, etc.

Its the difference between Elite 8 or S16, and Final 4. At least 1 bench guy must step up. Hit a timely shot, or block, or play aggressive.

We had Zach Collins and Silas Melson and Tillie off the bench 2 yrs ago.

That was my point then...and now.

We had Jones & Geno this year, and Tillie some of the time, at 60%.

Malastein
04-28-2019, 01:48 PM

If he is part of the reason we land Jalen Suggs, then it’ll be worth it even if he didn’t have the time due to finishing classwork and his hand injury to learn how to be most effective for the Zags last season.

jazzdelmar
04-28-2019, 02:01 PM
If he is part of the reason we land Jalen Suggs, then it’ll be worth it even if he didn’t have the time due to finishing classwork and his hand injury to learn how to be most effective for the Zags last season.

I don’t understand the Suggs and Geno connection. And Suggs is 20-80 maybe.

soccerdud
04-28-2019, 02:14 PM
I donít understand the Suggs and Geno connection. And Suggs is 20-80 maybe.

same hometown and, at the very least, geno has tweeted @suggs about coming to spokane/gonzaga. big sway? probably not... but certainly can't hurt. love how geno is continuing to rep the zags.

jazzdelmar
04-28-2019, 02:18 PM
same hometown and, at the very least, geno has tweeted @suggs about coming to spokane/gonzaga. big sway? probably not... but certainly can't hurt. love how geno is continuing to rep the zags.

Gotcha. That’s cool. Can’t hoit

Hooray4Daye&Gray
04-28-2019, 02:36 PM
I donít understand the Suggs and Geno connection. And Suggs is 20-80 maybe.

Yawn.

jazzdelmar
04-28-2019, 03:58 PM
Yawn.

Too high?

Mr Vulture
04-29-2019, 09:58 AM
I don't know whether Suggs comes here or not but I do believe the odds are closer to 50/50 than 20/80. Frankly, if Duke doesn't offer and he sticks with basketball I'd say closer to 80/20

WallaWallaZag
04-29-2019, 11:57 PM
I don't know whether Suggs comes here or not but I do believe the odds are closer to 50/50 than 20/80. Frankly, if Duke doesn't offer and he sticks with basketball I'd say closer to 80/20

wrong thread, but since suggs was brought up, rj hampton could really do the zags a big favor if he made it clear he was leaning duke.

jazzdelmar
04-30-2019, 07:23 AM
Yawn.

Now zero.

Hooray4Daye&Gray
04-30-2019, 08:03 AM
Now zero.

What, really worried about that Vanderbilt offer?

How about a wager. What do you want if Suggs commits elsewhere?

If Suggs chooses GU, I want you to write one nice thing about each of our 5 early draft entries.

jazzdelmar
04-30-2019, 08:05 AM
What, really worried about that Vanderbilt offer?

How about a wager. What do you want if Suggs commits elsewhere?

If Suggs chooses GU, I want you to write one nice thing about each of our 5 early draft entries.

Cool. Five lbs of your best cheddar.....:)

Zagdawg
04-30-2019, 08:10 AM
ďItís going to be Kentucky, Kansas, Memphis and we took off Duke and added Texas Tech,Ē the elder Hampton told 247Sports.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/RJ-Hampton-Reclassify-2019-Kentucky-Kansas-Memphis-Texas-Tech-131661914/

CarolinaZagFan
04-30-2019, 08:25 AM

Donít forget about one of the starters (who is going to have to be the savior next year) had the same amount of points and assists as I did and just two more rebounds in 25 minutes.

zagsfanforlife
04-30-2019, 08:27 AM
ďItís going to be Kentucky, Kansas, Memphis and we took off Duke and added Texas Tech,Ē the elder Hampton told 247Sports.

https://247sports.com/college/basketball/recruiting/Article/RJ-Hampton-Reclassify-2019-Kentucky-Kansas-Memphis-Texas-Tech-131661914/

If i am buying stock in any program right now, its Texas Tech. Beard has that locomotive rollin and it aint slowing down anytime soon.

scrooner
04-30-2019, 09:21 AM
Hampton reclassifying to 2019, if anyone cares.

former1dog
04-30-2019, 09:23 AM
“It’s going to be Kentucky, Kansas, Memphis and we took off Duke and added Texas Tech,” the elder Hampton told 247Sports.

My apologies. I'm sure there is a good reason. What does this have to do with the original post?

Radbooks
04-30-2019, 07:16 PM
Not sure if this is in the thread anywhere:

Jeff Goodman
‏Verified account @GoodmanHoops
2m2 minutes ago

Texas A&M grad transfer Admon Gilder told @Stadium he will take a visit to Gonzaga this weekend.

zagsfanforlife
04-30-2019, 08:03 PM
This is big time.. people i guess dont realize how good this kid is. Should be huge news and lots of posts on it. Please please please real him in Few.

It's not every year you can get an all american type as a Graduate transfer to come run your team

ZagsObserver
04-30-2019, 08:05 PM
Yes, this would be huge. We need two guard transfers to eat a lot of minutes, three if Ravet can’t cut it as a backup. He’s the best available at this point.

Hooray4Daye&Gray
04-30-2019, 08:10 PM

Letís gooooo!

willandi
04-30-2019, 08:23 PM
Yes, this would be huge. We need two guard transfers to eat a lot of minutes, three if Ravet can’t cut it as a backup. He’s the best available at this point.

GoZags has said that the coaching staff have confidence in Ravet as our starter.

Why do you think he might have trouble cutting it as the back up Point Guard?

Zagceo
04-30-2019, 08:58 PM
GoZags has said that the coaching staff have confidence in Ravet as our starter.

I've heard Morrison say that Ravet would have gotten playing time this year if he was on the team....I've heard others say coaches have confidence Ravet will get playing time next year....I've yet to hear anyone claim Ravet will be the starter next year.

webspinnre
04-30-2019, 09:05 PM
Oh, man, now my hopes are up. If we land him, we're in great shape. Hazzard and some of the others didn't excite me. Gilder does.

willandi
04-30-2019, 09:18 PM
I've heard Morrison say that Ravet would have gotten playing time this year if he was on the team....I've heard others say coaches have confidence Ravet will get playing time next year....I've yet to hear anyone claim Ravet will be the starter next year.

There are many scattered throughout. I tried to link a few from different threads, and it doesn't want to do that.

Several people have said as much.

ZagaZags
04-30-2019, 09:23 PM

Jeff Goodman
‏Verified account @GoodmanHoops
2m2 minutes ago

Texas A&M grad transfer Admon Gilder told @Stadium he will take a visit to Gonzaga this weekend.

Good to see both Gilder and South Dakota State transfer David Jenkins will visit this weekend.

cggonzaga
04-30-2019, 09:59 PM
This is big time.. people i guess dont realize how good this kid is. Should be huge news and lots of posts on it. Please please please real him in Few.

It's not every year you can get an all american type as a Graduate transfer to come run your team

Slow your roll buddy. Admon is good and probably all league good but heís not AA good. Heís not Nigel. I really want him on this team donít get me wrong. I donít think he answers the point guard question mark though. A Ravet/Gilder backcourt would be nice.

HenneZag
04-30-2019, 10:24 PM
Slow your roll buddy. Admon is good and probably all league good but heís not AA good. Heís not Nigel. I really want him on this team donít get me wrong. I donít think he answers the point guard question mark though. A Ravet/Gilder backcourt would be nice.

Not Nigel, but not much else out there for options. Admon would be a very solid player to atleast make it interesting next season if we can pick him up.

WallaWallaZag
05-01-2019, 02:38 AM
My apologies. I'm sure there is a good reason. What does this have to do with the original post?

gilder won't be going to tt if they are able to bring in hampton and they seem to have lot of momentum there. it also means that duke will now likely focus in more on suggs...

jazzdelmar
05-01-2019, 03:51 AM

That’s more a comment on Geno than on Ravet, IMO.

zagsfanforlife
05-01-2019, 04:17 AM

Really starting to wonder how much hoops you watch.

Ladyzag12
05-01-2019, 06:12 AM
Admon at A and M was better than Goss at UW. He would be a monster get assuming all the health issues are cleared up. Hopefully Hampton goes to Tech and takes that off the table for Admon.

zagsfanforlife
05-01-2019, 06:15 AM
Admon was one of the best two way players in the SEC for two straight years from 2016-2018. He didnt play last year but i assume he wasnt sitting on his couch eating potato chips.. he is now a 5th year senior...

He is a better defender than NWG and is way more than capable of playing the pg and being the missing pg link we need. To say he cant play pg or that Ravet would run the show before he would is preposterous.

webspinnre
05-01-2019, 07:08 AM
I don't particularly care whether you call him a PG or an SG - he's got the handles to bring up the ball and is a capable passer and top-notch defender and shooter. Sign me up.

thespywhozaggedme
05-01-2019, 07:15 AM
I just don't get the Gilder hype. I've had a ton of time to watch film (lol) and I've seen a lot of his high school and college footage and am just not getting the hype. I mean...he's ok.

caldwellzag
05-01-2019, 07:24 AM
Good to see both Gilder and South Dakota State transfer David Jenkins will visit this weekend.

Going to be a huge weekend for GU!

ZagsObserver
05-01-2019, 07:24 AM

I’ll let Go Zags speak to what he’s heard. What I’ve heard is that Ravet was never expected to start. That wasn’t the plan, and that clearly wasn’t (isn’t?) desired. I’ll certainly be rooting for him, as it’s looking like he’ll be getting solid minutes as a freshman, assuming he competes well in practice.

former1dog
05-01-2019, 07:29 AM

Willandi,

All due respect, but GoZags did not say the staff has confidence in Ravet as the starter.

They said that Ravet was good enough to get significant playing time on the 2018-19 Zags team.

Now, we may conflate that to a starting roll on the 19-20 team, but that remains to be seen. Count me in the "hopeful" category.

zagsfanforlife
05-01-2019, 07:30 AM
Going to be a huge weekend for GU!

Considering Jenkins has a chance to be immediately eligible, could be our starting backcourt next year if all the chips fall as we would like.

caldwellzag
05-01-2019, 07:33 AM
Considering Jenkins has a chance to be immediately eligible, could be our starting backcourt next year if all the chips fall as we would like.

Exactly what we need and are hoping for. Snacks is NBA bound, doubt he pulls out now.

ZagsObserver
05-01-2019, 07:39 AM

+1

zagfan1
05-01-2019, 07:59 AM
Hopefully we get both to commit after this weekend. I just want to clarify one thing about NWG. He was the number 2 recruit coming out of high school and underperformed at UW. He fulfilled his potential at Gonzaga. If Gilder comes to GU, he will have his chance to set his own mark.

Mr Vulture
05-01-2019, 09:13 AM
Wow...what a great weekend this could be. I hope both Gilder and Jenkins love the visit here as we can sure use them and I think they'd love the experience of being a Zag.

thespywhozaggedme
05-01-2019, 10:01 AM
Still not sure how Jenkins is would be eligible immediately, I guess he can argue that his coach left for UNLV I mean hey, it works for Tate Martell at Ohio State. My only concern is that between Jenkins and Guilder they average less than four assists combined. But if they join on, I will cheer my head off for them. I’m just afraid that there are really unrealistic expectations for these guys.

zagsfanforlife
05-01-2019, 10:11 AM
Still not sure how Jenkins is would be eligible immediately, I guess he can argue that his coach left for UNLV I mean hey, it works for Tate Martell at Ohio State. My only concern is that between Jenkins and Guilder they average less than four assists combined. But if they join on, I will cheer my head off for them. Iím just afraid that there are really unrealistic expectations for these guys.

Spy-- i think with transfers it is always best to optimistically cautious.... as i predict Gilder if healthy will have an all american type season...

One thing to note though, top CBB analysts/ writers (if you want to believe them), predicted Gilder as the #5 grad transfer (1 above Pierce btw) and Jenkins as the #2 "Sit out" transfer... so others think highly of them. Gilder would be much higher i imagine if he played last year and there werent concerns still about his health.

Jenkins shot 45% from three ball with three games of 8 or more 3's hit. I dont care what conference you are in... if you are hitting 8 + 3's in 3 different games in a college season and shoot 45% on the year with 247 attempts, you are an absolute ELITE shooter.

thespywhozaggedme
05-01-2019, 10:26 AM
Spy-- i think with transfers it is always best to optimistically cautious.... as i predict Gilder if healthy will have an all american type season...

One thing to note though, top CBB analysts/ writers (if you want to believe them), predicted Gilder as the #5 grad transfer (1 above Pierce btw) and Jenkins as the #2 "Sit out" transfer... so others think highly of them. Gilder would be much higher i imagine if he played last year and there werent concerns still about his health.

Jenkins shot 45% from three ball with three games of 8 or more 3's hit. I dont care what conference you are in... if you are hitting 8 + 3's in 3 different games in a college season and shoot 45% on the year with 247 attempts, you are an absolute ELITE shooter.

Yes, you are very high on Gilder, not sure why because in all of the footage that I have seen of him there is nothing to indicate that he is an All-American player, but you are definitely entitled to that opinion. Jenkins is a fantastic three point shooter, but at 6’1 very undersized for a shooting guard. Again neither one of these guys are true point guards by definition but I do hope for the best.

CDC84
05-01-2019, 10:57 AM
From an elite college basketball analyst regarding Gilder: "Solid player. He's good enough to help solidify backcourt."

CDC84
05-01-2019, 11:09 AM
I think Harris and Strawther trying to get Suggs to come to Gonzaga is a bigger deal than Geno. Which isn't to say that Geno and Dower cannot help. I have no idea if either guy knows the Suggs family. Pargo was instrumental in landing Norvell.

thespywhozaggedme
05-01-2019, 12:12 PM
From an elite college basketball analyst regarding Gilder: "Solid player. He's good enough to help solidify backcourt."

From everything that I have watched, seen and read I agree with that assessment 100% percent. He is a solid solidifier, not a game changer.

cggonzaga
05-01-2019, 12:36 PM
Really starting to wonder how much hoops you watch.

Haha, yes because if I donít agree with your assessment Iím an idiot.

Whatís funny is that I said I want him on the team and that heís a good player. AA is very hard to achieve and up to this point in his career, I donít see it. Hope he proves me wrong.

Also, SEC AAís in the past 5 years...2 first teamers and 3 second teamers. All bigs except for 1 guard. 4 from Kentucky alone. They arenít exactly spitting out AAís and certainly not at the guard position.

thespywhozaggedme
05-01-2019, 12:45 PM
Haha, yes because if I don’t agree with your assessment I’m an idiot.

What’s funny is that I said I want him on the team and that he’s a good player. AA is very hard to achieve and up to this point in his career, I don’t see it. Hope he proves me wrong.

Also, SEC AA’s in the past 5 years...2 first teamers and 3 second teamers. All bigs except for 1 guard. 4 from Kentucky alone. They aren’t exactly spitting out AA’s and certainly not at the guard position.

I am on the same page as you on this one. Gilder is a good, not great player and he would be a welcome addition to the team but I think that certain posters have unrealistic expectations of him. It was a choice between 1 year of him and Nix, it would be Nix all day, every day for me.

zagsfanforlife
05-01-2019, 03:05 PM
I am on the same page as you on this one. Gilder is a good, not great player and he would be a welcome addition to the team but I think that certain posters have unrealistic expectations of him. It was a choice between 1 year of him and Nix, it would be Nix all day, every day for me.

Really hope he comes so you can gush over him all year ;)

thespywhozaggedme
05-01-2019, 03:30 PM
Really hope he comes so you can gush over him all year ;)

Hey, if he becomes a Zag, I'll cheer my head off for him. But Nix is a 5* top 15 recruit. I don't want Gilder if it means no Nix.

caldwellzag
05-02-2019, 11:37 AM
I know there are some that are not extremely high on Gilder, but it sounds like he is really high on the Zags and the Zags are high on him. He looks like the grad transfer we need to land.

thespywhozaggedme
05-02-2019, 11:39 AM
I know there are some that are not extremely high on Gilder, but it sounds like he is really high on the Zags and the Zags are high on him. He looks like the grad transfer we need to land.

Hey, as I said, if he becomes a Zag, I'll cheer my head off for him. But if 1 year of him costs us Nix, I'd be lying if I said that I'd be a little disappointed.

caldwellzag
05-02-2019, 11:45 AM
Hey, as I said, if he becomes a Zag, I'll cheer my head off for him. But if 1 year of him costs us Nix, I'd be lying if I said that I'd be a little disappointed.

Wasn't just meaning you Spy, I know you will cheer for him. Just throwing it out there that we are in a good spot with Gilder and with him coming to campus I would not be shocked if he commits this week.

Hooray4Daye&Gray
05-02-2019, 11:49 AM

Underrated aspect of a grad transfer: leadership. Especially from a point guard. Especially from a player with tournament experience.

Would be a nice "win" over Texas Tech after our loss to them... and our loss to them on Matt Mooney last summer.

gonzagafan62
05-02-2019, 12:08 PM
I would absolutely be ecstatic if Gilder comes here!

thespywhozaggedme
05-02-2019, 12:12 PM
Wasn't just meaning you Spy, I know you will cheer for him. Just throwing it out there that we are in a good spot with Gilder and with him coming to campus I would not be shocked if he commits this week.

No problem. I've been hearing some things too. I'd be happy to have him on board.

ZagBlue
05-02-2019, 12:33 PM
Gilder is a terrific overall player who can add leadership, fantastic defense, and quality play from either guard spot. He seems more comfortable at the 2 and letís face it.... the reality seems to be that we will need a boost at both the 1 and 2 spots so I personally have no concern that a Gilder commit has an negative impact with Nix. On the alternative, being a better team can only help in that recruitment. Quite honestly, Iím not sure why anyone wouldnít be ecstatic adding Gilder. Our team has a few glaring holes possibly and he fills those. The reality is that grad transfers are usually added to play a solid role but Gilder is one of a few (at most) that has a chance to be a star.

Hooray4Daye&Gray
05-02-2019, 12:59 PM
I’m not sure why anyone wouldn’t be ecstatic adding Gilder.

While I would be ecstatic to add Gilder, I can see why the scholarship chart would make some fans nervous.

If we assume Norvell stays in the draft and Tillie + Filip return, adding Gilder would leave us with 1 opening for 2019. That means we could add only one of Nix, Jenkins, Boogie, or allowing Dom to reclassify.

Not to mention that adding Nix/Jenkins/Boogie would fill up our scholarship chart for 2020. So beyond playing time, this seemingly adds a level of complexity to Jalen Suggs committing.

I know posters say "the scholarships always work out themselves," but this really illuminates how important it is to not give a scholarship to a player that you'd rather have as an "OPEN" spot on the chart.

TheOtherGreatOne
05-02-2019, 02:11 PM
Ayaye and Foster transfer, problem solved

Worthington
05-02-2019, 02:25 PM
Gilder would be a fantastic addition. I'm not sure about the All-American hype, but he's a quality starting point guard for a top 25 team from what I've seen. His veteran presence and experience would be a huge asset for next year's team.

former1dog
05-03-2019, 07:19 AM

Excellent! I'm assuming you have some legit whispers on this. Keep us in the loop as you can.

thespywhozaggedme
05-03-2019, 07:30 AM
I'm way more excited about Jenkins with the caveat that he would be eligible immediately. Gilder to me is a serviceable placeholder, but teams need those too.

caldwellzag
05-03-2019, 07:35 AM
I'm way more excited about Jenkins with the caveat that he would be eligible immediately. Gilder to me is a serviceable placeholder, but teams need those too.

I worry about Jenkins, as if he were to choose GU, does that hurt our chances of Suggs/Nix/Burnett? If he is not immediately eligible then I think it will hurt, if we can get him this year then I don't think it will as Suggs and him can play side by side for a year, while Harris comes off the bench.

former1dog
05-03-2019, 07:53 AM
I worry about Jenkins, as if he were to choose GU, does that hurt our chances of Suggs/Nix/Burnett? If he is not immediately eligible then I think it will hurt, if we can get him this year then I don't think it will as Suggs and him can play side by side for a year, while Harris comes off the bench.

What do we know, if anything, about Jenkins chances of being immediately eligible?

caldwellzag
05-03-2019, 07:59 AM
What do we know, if anything, about Jenkins chances of being immediately eligible?

The NCAA is all over the board on this right now, so it's really a crap shoot. He will argue his coach left and that changed his situation. The NCAA allowed some football players to be eligible immediately, it will be new territory with basketball.

former1dog
05-03-2019, 08:03 AM
The NCAA is all over the board on this right now, so it's really a crap shoot. He will argue his coach left and that changed his situation. The NCAA allowed some football players to be eligible immediately, it will be new territory with basketball.

Thanks! Man, it sure would be helpful to know. I’m sure this weighs on the staff as it pertains to the larger recruiting strategy.

thespywhozaggedme
05-04-2019, 05:48 PM
Here's his senior highlight reel, if anyone's interested:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7xawxtC_IQ

zagsfanforlife
05-04-2019, 09:02 PM
Anyone have any update on the gilder or jenkins visits?? What days are they on campus

Goshzagit
05-05-2019, 05:45 AM
Gildner is a monster defensively.

Has Geno's fast hands and instincts but with more size, strength, and a legit D1 build.

Given his prowess on defense I'm sure Coach Beard is ALL IN on Admon.

Texas Tech is more of the same for Gilder. Have to assume he truly wants a fresh start somewhere and a guarantee to be the lead guard.

Ixd expect Moretti takes over at Tech.

thespywhozaggedme
05-05-2019, 07:50 AM
Gildner is a monster defensively.

Has Geno's fast hands and instincts but with more size, strength, and a legit D1 build.

Given his prowess on defense I'm sure Coach Beard is ALL IN on Admon.

Texas Tech is more of the same for Gilder. Have to assume he truly wants a fresh start somewhere and a guarantee to be the lead guard.

Ixd expect Moretti takes over at Tech.

Is Texas tech our main competition for him right now?

TexasZagFan
05-05-2019, 08:06 AM

Probably, though there is zero, zip, nada going on in Lubbock besides all things Texas Tech. There is nowhere near the rivalry between A&M and Tech, as opposed to UT Austin. Spokane is a long way from Texas, I think that would be the biggest sticking point that would lead Gildner to Lubbock.

Hope I'm wrong.

raise the zag
05-05-2019, 08:14 AM

I assume so, yet he also listed Texas, SMU, TCU, Iowa State.

Iowa St could be the dark horse. His game and style fits well with them as well.

PCZ_Frites
05-05-2019, 10:35 AM
Per Jeff Goodman:

https://twitter.com/GoodmanHoops/status/1125105858587910146

sittingon50
05-05-2019, 10:46 AM
Thanks PCZ.

Nice scoop by a fellow WCC'er.

former1dog
05-05-2019, 11:06 AM
Just so we all know, although PCZ is "with" another WCC school, I consider him 100% a Zag!!

Welcome to Gonzaga Admon!!!!

thespywhozaggedme
05-05-2019, 11:50 AM
Welcome aboard Admon!

GonzaGAW
05-05-2019, 12:36 PM
- great get, top of the board guard on the grad transfer wire.
- size, defense, d-1 experience, a fair to good shooter..........with work and coaching he has a ceiling yet to be reached.
- I say to heck with all the what if's on other recruits, you can't pass on a player as good as gilder, just to hope something better comes along....something about looking a gifted horse in the mouth.

- welcome admon, be healthy, work hard and enjoy a wonderful senior campaign.

caldwellzag
05-05-2019, 01:33 PM
Great news Welcome Aboard!!!

Zagdawg
05-10-2019, 05:34 AM
Admon Gilder

@hph_lilmon
24m24 minutes ago
More
50 minutes till graduation ��

Zagdawg
05-10-2019, 12:13 PM
Admon is a graduate!

https://twitter.com/aggiembk/status/1126911250393382913

sittingon50
05-10-2019, 01:22 PM
Congrats Admon.

Always a big deal.

jazzdelmar
05-10-2019, 02:14 PM
And from a terrific school.

Zagdawg
05-11-2019, 06:03 PM
Admon Gilder

@hph_lilmon
17m17 minutes ago
More
Thank you to everyone for recognizing my graduation achievement. I really appreciate the love. But I’m not done, I’m gone have my masters in a year and all I can think about is man I’m Blessed.����

webspinnre
05-11-2019, 06:57 PM
Admon Gilder

@hph_lilmon
17m17 minutes ago
More
Thank you to everyone for recognizing my graduation achievement. I really appreciate the love. But I’m not done, I’m gone have my masters in a year and all I can think about is man I’m Blessed.����

Man, this dude. What a great addition.

basketballzag
05-13-2019, 06:26 AM
Man, this dude. What a great addition.

I do not believe the ordinary Gonzaga fan has any understanding of just how big of an addition Gilder will be next year. I'm not saying he will be Brandon Clarke but I'm not saying he won't have a Brandon Clarke type impact either because he is the perfect person to follow-up 5 years of Josh Perkins for this program.