PDA

View Full Version : Tillie & Norvell?

tenniszag
04-20-2019, 07:24 AM
April 22nd is the deadline to declare for the Draft. Any word on Tillie or Norvell’s plan?

CB4
04-20-2019, 10:35 AM
April 22nd is the deadline to declare for the Draft. Any word on Tillie or Norvell’s plan?

I think Killie leaving to Europe has been something hyped on this message board but not really something based in reality. His brother spent four years at Utah before going to Europe which I think is what will happen with Killian too.

Both should go to the combine without an agent and then be back next season.

raise the zag
04-20-2019, 10:41 AM
I think Killie leaving to Europe has been something hyped on this message board but not really something based in reality. His brother spent four years at Utah before going to Europe which I think is what will happen with Killian too.

Never said or heard anything about Europe, yet thing is, Tillie was dead set on declaring for NBA LAST SEASON, around February he shared his intentions to go pro. Over a year ago.

This was before his hip injury, foot fracture, fascia tear, etc.

Amazing how things can turn and change so quickly.

I was told Tillie said he returning as of this February. Again, things can change. Europe offers can happen at ANY point in time.

A healthy Killian would be our numero uno option on offense. Our go to player in the post and/or perimeter.

If he returns and stays healthy, could easily be an All American type talent, and shoe in lottery pick

zagdontzig
04-20-2019, 10:51 AM

*You may now hire an agent and still return as long as you don't take benefits from the agent, and withdraw before whatever the deadline is.

DixieZag
04-20-2019, 10:52 AM
Never said or heard anything about Europe, yet thing is, Tillie was dead set on declaring for NBA LAST SEASON, around February he shared his intentions to go pro. Over a year ago.

This was before his hip injury, foot fracture, fascia tear, etc.

Amazing how things can turn and change so quickly.

I was told Tillie said he returning as of this February. Again, things can change. Europe offers can happen at ANY point in time.

A healthy Killian would be our numero uno option on offense. Our go to player in the post and/or perimeter.

If he returns and stays healthy, could easily be an All American type talent, and shoe in lottery pick

A healthy Tillie coming back next year changes everything. We become a "semi-experienced" team real fast with a fourth year player in Norvelle (likely), and a 4th year player in Tillie (still not "likely" IMO, but more so) and a 3rd year player in Corey as starter/6th.

IF that were to happen, the frosh aren't as exposed, as they don't need to take on immediate scoring duties near as much.

The other reality is we have less margin for error in being "young" since we can't rely on victories late to get us a decent spot in the tourney. We sort of have to come out of the gates playing well and get some "good wins" under our belt.

I'd love to see him back. Getting a degree never hurt anyone, either.

JAGzag
04-20-2019, 11:30 AM
Even if Tillie comes back I wouldn’t count on him during the season. Not sure the kid has had a healthy season in years. Just seems way too injury prone.

willandi
04-20-2019, 11:35 AM
A healthy Tillie coming back next year changes everything. We become a "semi-experienced" team real fast with a fourth year player in Norvelle (likely), and a 4th year player in Tillie (still not "likely" IMO, but more so) and a 3rd year player in Corey as starter/6th.

IF that were to happen, the frosh aren't as exposed, as they don't need to take on immediate scoring duties near as much.

The other reality is we have less margin for error in being "young" since we can't rely on victories late to get us a decent spot in the tourney. We sort of have to come out of the gates playing well and get some "good wins" under our belt.

I'd love to see him back. Getting a degree never hurt anyone, either.

We also would have second year Petrusev, having gone through the learning experience that was last year and having all summer to bang, block and hold-on...he will be much better than he was.

Goshzagit
04-20-2019, 11:57 AM
A Tillie Petrusev front court is a very formidable one.

Maybe most skilled in nation.

Lacks above the rim play or blocks, yet would be a tough one to defend.

White lightning
04-20-2019, 02:35 PM
A Tillie Petrusev front court is a very formidable one.

Maybe most skilled in nation.

Lacks above the rim play or blocks, yet would be a tough one to defend.Maybe I need to try the koolaid you are drinking. I don't see either one or both combined to be anywhere close to the most skilled in nation. The players coming in to Gonzaga may be better than Petrusev. I hope he gets better this offseason or he may be moving on with limited minutes available this next season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ZagzKrak
04-20-2019, 02:46 PM
Maybe I need to try the koolaid you are drinking. I don't see either one or both combined to be anywhere close to the most skilled in nation. The players coming in to Gonzaga may be better than Petrusev. I hope he gets better this offseason or he may be moving on with limited minutes available this next season.

VS. Duke he had 11pts 4reb 1ast 1blk in only 13 min played...I think that shows he can play at this level but like every freshman has lots of room to get better.

White lightning
04-20-2019, 03:13 PM
VS. Duke he had 11pts 4reb 1ast 1blk in only 13 min played...I think that shows he can play at this level but like every freshman has lots of room to get better.And against the wcc he got rolled over. I'm hoping he greatly improves and I think he's got a huge upside but talking about being one of the best in the nation is really pushing it. Maybe after another season practicing with the new bigs he'll get there. Coach Few let him take his lumps this season not giving him help with a double. Maybe showing him where he actually stands against other more experienced bigs.

raise the zag
04-20-2019, 03:19 PM
Ok, people have no clue how good Petrusev actually is.

His defense a major work in progress, yet his offensive game is terrific.

He faced some mental hurdles in game play this season, esp once Tillie returned.

However, there is a reason the 3 to 5 NBA scouts who attended practices throughout the season agreed he is/was one of our BEST NBA prospects LONG TERM. This includes Clarke, Rui, et al.

This isn't coming from me, rather NBA circles who is watching him mature very closely.

Petrusev tore up our team in practice end of last season. 3's, face up, post up, passing, etc. Very skilled player.

Again, defense and body has work to do, yet we are under-selling him big time.

That said, we have terrific talent arriving as well, an embarrassment of riches in front court.

Watch out for Petrusev who will likely be an early enrollee to the League as well. In 1 or 2 years.

zagsfanforlife
04-20-2019, 04:25 PM
Ok, people have no clue how good Petrusev actually is.

His defense a major work in progress, yet his offensive game is terrific.

He faced some mental hurdles in game play this season, esp once Tillie returned.

However, there is a reason the 3 to 5 NBA scouts who attended practices throughout the season agreed he is/was one of our BEST NBA prospects LONG TERM. This includes Clarke, Rui, et al.

This isn't coming from me, rather NBA circles who is watching him mature very closely.

Petrusev tore up our team in practice end of last season. 3's, face up, post up, passing, etc. Very skilled player.

Again, defense and body has work to do, yet we are under-selling him big time.

That said, we have terrific talent arriving as well, an embarrassment of riches in front court.

Watch out for Petrusev who will likely be an early enrollee to the League as well. In 1 or 2 years.

Thank you. Kid will be a star

jazzdelmar
04-20-2019, 05:27 PM
Maybe I need to try the koolaid you are drinking. I don't see either one or both combined to be anywhere close to the most skilled in nation. The players coming in to Gonzaga may be better than Petrusev. I hope he gets better this offseason or he may be moving on with limited minutes available this next season.

Timme will be best player on team next yr, followed by Watty. Then a big drop to a tier w Petro, Kispert.

DixieZag
04-20-2019, 06:26 PM
Timme will be best player on team next yr, followed by Watty. Then a big drop to a tier w Petro, Kispert.

Right now I'm far more worried about getting someone who can run the offense and won't be playing on ESPN for the first time. Actually, two or three of those are very much needed right now.

HenneZag
04-20-2019, 07:27 PM
Right now I'm far more worried about getting someone who can run the offense and won't be playing on ESPN for the first time. Actually, two or three of those are very much needed right now.

I agree, we are really hurting in the 1 and 2 guard positions. We have an immediate need for a PG. Without a floor general next year will be a challenge. Hoping it changes.

JPtheBeasta
04-20-2019, 07:31 PM
Even if Tillie comes back I wouldn’t count on him during the season. Not sure the kid has had a healthy season in years. Just seems way too injury prone.

Professional teams may want to see him have one healthy season before investing money in him. Who knows, though. I'm always so wrong when prognosticating about the the college-to-professional transition.

willandi
04-20-2019, 07:33 PM
I agree, we are really hurting in the 1 and 2 guard positions. We have an immediate need for a PG. Without a floor general next year will be a challenge. Hoping it changes.

Unless the Ravet the staff HAS seen comes in and is a first year star.

ZagsObserver
04-20-2019, 07:42 PM
At this point, we have an immediate need for pg, sg, and maybe someone to reliably back up those two positions. Ravet may be able to play the backup role, but even optimistically we require two quality transfers (assuming Zach stays in the draft).

willandi
04-20-2019, 07:45 PM
At this point, we have an immediate need for pg, sg, and maybe someone to reliably back up those two positions. Ravet may be able to play the backup role, but even optimistically we require two quality transfers (assuming Zach stays in the draft).

Or...Ravet may be the starter and we need a back up.

I do trust the staff on this one.

ZagsObserver
04-20-2019, 08:22 PM

As do I. The staff did not anticipate Ravet starting as a freshman. So, if he starts, that was not the desired outcome.

JPtheBeasta
04-20-2019, 08:24 PM

I'm trying my hardest :)

I've entertained the idea that Ayayi is further along than he has shown in brief glimpses in games. The Zags usually have freshman PG to be an understudy for a year before taking the reins. 2020 is looking great. 2019 looks to be the biggest mystery in years...

willandi
04-20-2019, 08:25 PM

As do I. The staff did not anticipate Ravet starting as a freshman. So, if he starts, that was not the desired outcome.

I was responding more to your thought that Ravet may be able to play the back up role.

willandi
04-20-2019, 08:29 PM
I'm trying my hardest :)

I've entertained the idea that Ayayi is further along than he has shown in brief glimpses in games. The Zags usually have freshman PG to be an understudy for a year before taking the reins. 2020 is looking great. 2019 looks to be the biggest mystery in years...

I do agree, but with the firepower the Zags will have at the 3-5, just having someone to make the normal dishes, rather than the spectacular, may be enough.

I can guarantee this, the staff will either have a transfer coming in to 'save the day' or they will play with the cards they hold.

Either way, I expect the streak to continue. It might start rough, but the front court will be the best in the WCC by seasons end.

ZagNation
04-20-2019, 10:47 PM

Relax, Gonzaga has Joel Ayayi, Greg Foster Jr. and Ravet for next season. I'm sure that will work out well.

GoZags
04-21-2019, 01:59 AM

If that is your worry I have been led to believe you won’t have a worry in the world.

TexasZagFan
04-21-2019, 04:45 AM
If that is your worry I have been led to believe you won’t have a worry in the world.

What are you worried about...you're up late tonight. :lmao: I was out at midnight, we were watching The Ten Commandments, and hadn't made it to part 2 yet.

I'm still expecting Zach to return...I see his declaration more of an exploratory thing like J3 last year. Obviously, I could be wrong. Zach could be one of those kids more suited to the pros. He's got the size, athleticism, and basketball IQ that fits with the NBA style of play.

Let's all be patient and see how it plays out, before worrying about next year's team. Your posts over the years have shown that the staff knows 99.9% more than we do, despite Tommy's claim it's 95%.

DixieZag
04-21-2019, 05:42 AM

Well, your word has been so solid over the years, I have fewer worries as of this morning.

Thanks.

509er
04-21-2019, 06:30 AM

I have no knowledge but I’m with you. The top grad transfers are sitting back and watching and as soon as there is an opening, they’ll pull the trigger. GU’s record for developing transfers and getting to the tournament make them a top destination for “free agents” especially with guaranteed PT.