PDA

View Full Version : The Gonzaga Blue and White Award

ManBearPigMan
11-08-2007, 01:24 PM
So, my friends and I have this Gonzaga Blue and White award that we like to give out and discuss after each games. Maybe I can get it to catch on around here. The blue and white stands for a Blue Collar and White Knuckle performance. It is not about how many points you score or how much you play, but what you make of the playing time that you get. How dirty did you get? How deep did you dig in and how much hustle and effort did you leave on the court? It's the kinda effort a true Zag would show out there on the battlefield.

That being said, the Blue and White goes out to Ira Brown. In just 9 minutes of playing time he dished out three assists, had four rebounds (one offensive), and ZERO turnovers. He didn't throw up a shot, but in his short amount of playing time he accounted for at least six points and a second chance opportunity. If he were to get the playing time of a regular contributor, lets say 27 min, he would have 9 assists, 12 rebounds, and ZERO turnovers. That's pretty good use of his time on the court. Go IRA!

HillBillyZag
11-08-2007, 01:41 PM
I admire Ira for his potential, but when push comes to shove, I'll put my money on PENDO!!

zag67
11-08-2007, 01:41 PM
I agree, but I would like to throw Pargo into the ring. He had 5 steals, 7 assists, and 6 rebounds. Along with his 16 points. That to me is the type of extra effort at the other things that we will need to have a super season.

former1dog
11-08-2007, 01:44 PM
My Blue and White Award goes to Manbearpig

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8749/1470989158ad1acd38bobm1.jpg (http://imageshack.us)
:D

Seriously, though, I agree with Zag67...

I agree, but I would like to throw Pargo into the ring. He had 5 steals, 7 assists, and 6 rebounds. Along with his 16 points. That to me is the type of extra effort at the other things that we will need to have a super season.

JAGzag
11-08-2007, 02:39 PM
So, my friends and I have this Gonzaga Blue and White award that we like to give out and discuss after each games. Maybe I can get it to catch on around here. The blue and white stands for a Blue Collar and White Knuckle performance. It is not about how many points you score or how much you play, but what you make of the playing time that you get. How dirty did you get? How deep did you dig in and how much hustle and effort did you leave on the court? It's the kinda effort a true Zag would show out there on the battlefield.

That being said, the Blue and White goes out to Ira Brown. In just 9 minutes of playing time he dished out three assists, had four rebounds (one offensive), and ZERO turnovers. He didn't throw up a shot, but in his short amount of playing time he accounted for at least six points and a second chance opportunity. If he were to get the playing time of a regular contributor, lets say 27 min, he would have 9 assists, 12 rebounds, and ZERO turnovers. That's pretty good use of his time on the court. Go IRA!

Great thought for an award!! But Pendo really does hold the reins on this type of thing, right?:)

primal23
11-08-2007, 08:13 PM
Probably the only way Pendo doesnt win, is if he didnt play that game.:D

AnonyMoose
11-08-2007, 08:17 PM
Daye, $traight Ca$h Munnay Hommay