PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL GAME THREAD = NCAA TOURNEY, FINAL 4, SATURDAY, APRIL 6

CDC84
04-01-2019, 09:21 AM
All times PT:

3:09pm = (5) Auburn vs. (1) Virginia
5:49pm = (3) Texas Tech vs. (2) Michigan State

MDABE80
04-01-2019, 10:26 AM
Not exactly an appealing list of major names. BUT we've seen all of these teams earn their way to a FF. These are good teams with some luck on their side. It should be a good FF. We know basketball!!!

gueastcoast
04-01-2019, 11:07 AM
I wonder what the impact will be of this configuration on TV ratings...with the blue bloods and a lot of other teams of national interest (including us) taking a header.

Hoopaholic
04-01-2019, 11:56 AM
I wonder what the impact will be of this configuration on TV ratings...with the blue bloods and a lot of other teams of national interest (including us) taking a header.

call me weird but I am more inclined to watch final four championship if there is NO blue bloods than if the field was full blue bloods

gueastcoast
04-01-2019, 12:09 PM
call me weird but I am more inclined to watch final four championship if there is NO blue bloods than if the field was full blue bloods

Not weird at all, and in some ways maybe more fun -- but seems like a good chunk of the casual men's college BB fan base might peel off not recognizing most of the names as traditional powers.

MDABE80
04-01-2019, 12:22 PM
Parenthetically, most ( or a lot) of writers are now including us as Blues. Might be why Kentucky board is so bitter toward us.

NEC26
04-01-2019, 12:25 PM
I'm all in on rooting for Tony Bennet and UVA. He does things the right way and above board. Which is more than can be said of some of the coaches and programs in the final four.

MontanaCoyote
04-01-2019, 12:40 PM
Not weird at all, and in some ways maybe more fun -- but seems like a good chunk of the casual men's college BB fan base might peel off not recognizing most of the names as traditional powers.

Agree on this, but still won’t watch. I did break down this year and at the end watched bits and pieces of games with teams
that were likely to face the Zags. But it’s over for me now until Zags begin anew in October.

BayAreaZagFan
04-01-2019, 03:47 PM
I'm still debating, but I'll probably watch Saturday's games. I met several really nice TT fans and one absolute jackwagon TT fan in Anaheim, so I can't decide if I want them to win or lose yet. As far as the Championship game, I'm a Tony Bennett fan, so I guess I hope VA takes it all, especially after last year, so I'll probably watch if they're in it. A Virginia/Texas Tech championship game would be pretty brutal to watch, though.

RenoZag
04-03-2019, 06:15 AM
Will be in Georgia when those games are played. . .if I can stay awake, I'll watch both. . .in the interest of my bracket, I am rooting for a MSU vs. UVA final, with UVA winning the NC.

Markburn1
04-03-2019, 08:58 AM
Isn't the tournament over? I'm planting my peppers this weekend.

CDC84
04-05-2019, 01:57 PM
Well, the final four is almost here. Here is a great preview from TSN.

The ranking of the final four teams based on their chances to win it all:

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/final-four-2019-ranking-teams-chances-to-win-it-all/1e5u7nls3znrm1eljj6m1mqqtv

CDC84
04-05-2019, 02:35 PM
I hate when this occurs.....apparently some bug has spread thru the Auburn roster. Looks like some guys have a URI. Much better than the flu at least.....

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26448385/some-auburn-players-dealing-illness

gonstu
04-05-2019, 02:49 PM

Agreed. I thought every year they cancelled the tournament once the zags lost?

But I did peak in to root against Duke.

GU69
04-05-2019, 05:15 PM

It's baseball season now.

zagbeliever
04-05-2019, 06:32 PM
Agreed. I thought every year they cancelled the tournament once the zags lost?

But I did peak in to root against Duke.

That made me laugh. ;) It cancelled for me when we lost. :roll:

MickMick
04-05-2019, 06:47 PM
I'm pulling for Michigan State. The Heathcote connection. The legendary game in Maui connection (One of the highest level college games I have seen. Just look at the stat sheet). The recruiting that more closely approximates GU than UK or Duke. The "Blueblood" snub despite a history of modern excellence and consistency. The "inside out" shooting and offensive rebounding emphasis. The noticeable lack of publicized culpability in an era of investigative revelations.

Zagceo
04-05-2019, 06:55 PM
I'm pulling for Michigan State. The Heathcote connection. The legendary game in Maui connection (One of the highest level college games I have seen. Just look at the stat sheet). The recruiting that more closely approximates GU than UK or Duke. The "Blueblood" snub despite a history of modern excellence. The "inside out" shooting and offensive rebounding emphasis. The noticeable lack of publicized culpability in an era of investigative revelations.

its not Heathcotes Spartans

https://www.cbssports.com/college-basketball/news/michigan-state-announces-ncaa-found-no-violations-in-its-nassar-or-football-and-basketball-inquiries/

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/michigan-state-student-files-suit-alleging-basketball-players-raped-her-n864316

Radbooks
04-05-2019, 08:06 PM
I'm rooting for Michigan St. and Virginia tomorrow... love to see them battle it out for the championship.

Watching the women's game now between ND and UCONN and it's a great game.

rennis
04-06-2019, 09:08 AM
Still crushed a week later, not sure I can watch today. Probably immature. Whatever. F*ck.

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 09:16 AM
https://ct.yimg.com/mr/uploads/891/1684181.gif

Virginia over Slime baller Pearl

https://ct.yimg.com/mr/uploads/891/1684181.gif

Texas Tech over old yeller Izzo

jazzdelmar
04-06-2019, 11:27 AM
Meh. Tv ratings a function of weather in northeast. Balmy, forget it. Spring storm, yay Nielsens.

DixieZag
04-06-2019, 11:51 AM

Yeah, same here.

And I am more likely to watch the Frozen Four hockey final than the basketball finals if GU isn't in it.

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 12:57 PM
pre game

Jay Wright on panel in Minneapolis and immediately cut to commercial with Wright doing Lowes commercial. STAR

Pleasant Peninsula
04-06-2019, 03:07 PM
I'm all up on the Virginia bandwagon right now.

MJ777
04-06-2019, 03:09 PM
I'm all up on the Virginia bandwagon right now.

Go UVA and Coach Bennett!

rennis
04-06-2019, 03:49 PM
I can't root for Pearl or Auburn, but I also can't root for the slowest team in America. As much as I think Tony is a handsome dude, his style of play is bad for college basketball. Ugly basketball is not good basketball.

katman50
04-06-2019, 03:53 PM
Go Tigers!

Hoopaholic
04-06-2019, 03:55 PM
I can't root for Pearl or Auburn, but I also can't root for the slowest team in America. As much as I think Tony is a handsome dude, his style of play is bad for college basketball. Ugly basketball is not good basketball.

Beauty is in the eye of beholder

I like his extremely solid defensive schemes and ability for each player to buy in fully and 5 working as one.

I like his offensive sets and each knowing the value they bring to the team

I like the values each player demonstrates as it pertains to being a good human being, embracing team over individual, belief hard work does payoff and they are student athletes

I think it's good for the roots of basketball and the college game

mtzaga
04-06-2019, 04:14 PM
How long was that halftime?

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 04:15 PM
I like UVA has 3 good ball handlers.

Hoopaholic
04-06-2019, 04:21 PM
How long was that halftime?

They add 5 minutes to halftime so cbs can make few more bucks

MJ777
04-06-2019, 04:22 PM

I enjoyed watching his WSU teams. Of course winnings makes watching more enjoyable. But I don’t think it is ugly basketball. Thank God for the shot clock though.

Birddog
04-06-2019, 04:29 PM
I really don't particularly care for either team. Pearl is a turd and UVA's slow offense is excruciating. I wanna see Charles smile though so I kinda like Auburn tonight.

jazzdelmar
04-06-2019, 04:30 PM
Pearl is an idiot.

rennis
04-06-2019, 04:31 PM
Beauty is in the eye of beholder

I think it's good for the roots of basketball and the college game

Agree, lots of people find beauty in low possession, high IQ basketball. But limited athleticism and scoring makes for bad television, which is my point about this style not being good for the "game."

Zags had the #1 defense in 2017 but still got up and down the floor and were frequently a joy to watch on offense. You can have a great defense and still play exciting basketball. Virginia is boooooring if you don't have a vested interest in the team, IMO.

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 04:31 PM
I enjoyed watching his WSU teams. Of course winnings makes watching more enjoyable. But I don’t think it is ugly basketball. Thank God for the shot clock though.

member these days? check out the half-time score )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRVmc6dO0g8

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 04:32 PM
4 fouls total in the first 8 minutes of the second half? That would be impossible in the WCC.

Should be a lesson we've learned by now...as the Dance progresses, referees swallow their whistles. Dammit, that doesn't explain what the heck happened to us in 2017.

jazzdelmar
04-06-2019, 04:37 PM
Ty Jerome is a rich man’s Matt Bouldin.

MickMick
04-06-2019, 04:38 PM
Against Virginia, a 7 point lead is like a 10 point lead.
Against Auburn, a 7 point lead is like a 4 point lead.

In other words, in this game, a 7 point lead is like a 7 point lead.

OntZags
04-06-2019, 04:41 PM
Watching Kihei Clark play like a beast is making me feel better about Ravet this coming season. Dude was ranked 393 nationally last class (lol) and has just been so poised for Virginia this season as a freshman.

I have no doubts about Ravet's ability to contribute offensively as a freshman but I obviously am skeptical on the defensive side. But I think the staff can work with him and perhaps shield him a bit and he'll be able to contribute out of the gate.

OntZags
04-06-2019, 04:45 PM
Dammit, that doesn't explain what the heck happened to us in 2017.

Vegas' books would have been more impacted by GU (~50-1 futures vs UNC ~10-1) winning than UNC... (kidding, kidding..)

jazzdelmar
04-06-2019, 04:48 PM
Don’t need superstars. Just guards who execute and shoot over 37%.

Watching Kihei Clark play like a beast is making me feel better about Ravet this coming season. Dude was ranked 393 nationally last class (lol) and has just been so poised for Virginia this season as a freshman.

I have no doubts about Ravet's ability to contribute offensively as a freshman but I obviously am skeptical on the defensive side. But I think the staff can work with him and perhaps shield him a bit and he'll be able to contribute out of the gate.

MJ777
04-06-2019, 04:50 PM
Is Nantz trying to reverse jinx Auburn or is he saying turn the channel with that under 5 minute remark?

MJ777
04-06-2019, 04:58 PM
Turrible shot selection by UVA

NEC26
04-06-2019, 05:01 PM
I'm amazed that Bennet didn't call a timeout on that last possesion.

jazzdelmar
04-06-2019, 05:04 PM
I'm amazed that Bennet didn't call a timeout on that last possesion.

Little deer in the headlights for sainted Tony. Took Ty out. Crazy.

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 05:07 PM

Whatever Ravet's defensive deficiencies, I don't see a problem next year. Our frontcourt will be exceptionally deep, with rim protection galore. Looking ahead, I would hope that our defensive strategy would be to guard the 3 point line, and not help out if there's dribble penetration.

MJ777
04-06-2019, 05:08 PM
Good call.

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 05:09 PM
love it

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 05:09 PM
Wasn't that double dribble? The Virginia guard dribbled the ball off his leg, and picked the ball up, and resumed his dribble.

jayray
04-06-2019, 05:11 PM
Wasn't that double dribble. The Virginia guard dribbled the ball off his leg, and picked the ball up, and resumed his dribble.

This is worse than the NFL. What a bad game.

MickMick
04-06-2019, 05:12 PM
Guy is clutch

Radbooks
04-06-2019, 05:13 PM
Wow, what a game...

mtzaga
They’ll talk about that call for quite some time is south Alabama. Call was weak. And I thought we got hosed in 2017.

NEC26
Virginia has had two amazing finishes.

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 05:14 PM
hahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahhahahaha

PEARL bye bye

BavarianZag
04-06-2019, 05:15 PM
They’ll talk about that call for quite some time is south Alabama. Call was weak. And I thought we got hosed in 2017.

Disagree. Call was 100% the right call. No matter when it was committed. Surprised they made the call actually.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ZagZombie
04-06-2019, 05:16 PM
I honestly don't see the controversy of that final call, it was a foul. Considering the circumstances I would rank that as a worse mistake by the Auburn player than Josh Perkins inbound foul.

jayray
Wow, what a game...

I guess I was watching a different game. How is that a good game? Horrible. WCC league game is better than that.

Zagceo
Disagree. Call was 100% the right call. No matter when it was committed. Surprised they made the call actually.

100%

seacatfan
04-06-2019, 05:17 PM
Congrats to Tony Bennett and UVa. 1 win away from a Championship. I'd say the UMBC debacle is nothing but a distant memory and footnote in history now.

webspinnre
04-06-2019, 05:17 PM
Happy for Bennett. Final call was an easy foul call, glad they made it.

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 05:18 PM
IT WAS DOUBLE DRIBBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a far worse call than what happened to us in 2017. On the scale of what happened to the Saints. Should've been Auburn ball with 1.5 seconds to go.

Birddog
04-06-2019, 05:18 PM
Wasn't that double dribble? The Virginia guard dribbled the ball off his leg, and picked the ball up, and resumed his dribble.

Confirmed by CBS! you are correct and the outcome surely could have been different. Refs effed up a Final 4 game again.

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 05:19 PM

icing on my Pearl cake

hahahahahahahahahahah

hahahahahahahahahhaha

hahahahahahahahahahha

Radbooks
04-06-2019, 05:19 PM
I guess I was watching a different game. How is that a good game? Horrible. WCC league game is better than that.

Well, I enjoyed it and it's MY OPINION. I didn't say it was a GOOD game, I said, 'Wow, what a game.' It was full of drama and since I didn't really care who won, I enjoyed it.

kitzbuel
04-06-2019, 05:20 PM
I honestly don't see the controversy of that final call, it was a foul. Considering the circumstances I would rank that as a worse mistake by the Auburn player than Josh Perkins inbound foul.Yeah, coach had to have been screaming at them to not foul the three pt shooter.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

caduceus
04-06-2019, 05:21 PM
The last second foul call was fine. The double dribble by UVA on the prior play with less than 5 seconds (that wasn't called) would have given Auburn the ball, and probably the win. That's a difficult call to make, but would have been the right one.

MDABE80
IT WAS DOUBLE DRIBBLE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's a far worse call than what happened to us in 2017. On the scale of what happened to the Saints. Should've been Auburn ball with 1.5 seconds to go.
Sure was Tex!

Zagceo

Bruce Pearl got the shaft!

Karma is a B I A itch

MJ777
04-06-2019, 05:22 PM

The call on the shot was correct, but they did miss the double dribble. GU fans know about getting hosed by missed calls so it’s hard to feel sorry for Pearl and Auburn.

MDABE80
04-06-2019, 05:23 PM
Auburn kids must be heartsick

bartruff1
04-06-2019, 05:25 PM
Crap shoot...you need to get the calls and the bounces.....of course you need to be good enough to be close enough for them to matter...

There has never been a perfectly officiated game....never will be....

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 05:26 PM
Confirmed by CBS! you are correct and the outcome surely could have been different. Refs effed up a Final 4 game again.

I haven't been that prescient since the first UTEP game I attended over 35 years ago...lolol.

It was the first game "date" with my future bride. In the second half in Las Cruces, something just didn't look right...I counted the Aggies on the court, 1...2...3...4...5...6! I leaped to my feet, yelling "there's six on the court, there's six on the court!" My gal was tugging on my arm, she thought I'd gone crazy. Within 5 seconds, the UTEP fan section was going ballistic, followed soon thereafter by Don Haskins jumping up. Weldon Drew, the NMSU coach went on the court, and pulled the closest player to him off the court.

Great memories! lol

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 05:27 PM
The call on the shot was correct, but they did miss the double dribble. GU fans know about getting hosed by missed calls so it’s hard to feel sorry for Pearl and Auburn.

Damn, the ref was looking right at it, too!

GrizZAG
04-06-2019, 05:27 PM
The double dribble off the players own leg was
missed just like that out of bounds “save” TT got away with. Could have changed either game outcome.
Basketball gods don’t like Pearl just like the rest of us. Congrats to UVA!!

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 05:30 PM
Next week, Bruce will get the same call from the NCAA that Few received two years ago: "sorry, we effed up."

jazzdelmar
04-06-2019, 05:31 PM

In fairness Jerome was quickly fouled so maybe ref didn’t see steps after he picked up ball. Plus the ref was focused on calling the deliberate foul and maybe pos Pearl actually warned him about that.

Zagsker
04-06-2019, 05:35 PM
In fairness Jerome was quickly fouled so maybe ref didn’t see steps after he picked up ball. Plus the ref was focused on calling the deliberate foul and maybe pos Pearl actually warned him about that.

Good take

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 05:37 PM

the ref probably thought the defender got a hand on the ball...then he could dribble again...my guess

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 05:37 PM

There are few things worse than a referee anticipating a call before it happens. Leads to mistakes like the one we're talking about.

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 05:38 PM
the ref probably thought the defender got a hand on the ball...then he could dribble again...my guess

Then that referee should be suspended for utter incompetence. He was in perfect position to call it.

ETA: here's why referees should be questioned by reporters after a game, particularly during high visibility games. They should not be protected from legitimate scrutiny.

OntZags
04-06-2019, 05:38 PM

Not to mention there was arguably a foul before he even double dribbled. (ticky tack but Auburn's strategy was clear)

The biggest bonehead decision was on Auburn fouling Jerome after the double dribble. Let him take the off balance, nearly half court three to win. That's a crazy low% shot.

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 05:44 PM
The NCAA breathes a sigh of relief...there won't be any talk of vacated titles after the trial of Chuck Person.

Hoopaholic
04-06-2019, 05:45 PM

2 refs were watching and responsible for the action

Blown call and neither better be in finals game

kitzbuel
04-06-2019, 05:46 PM
In fairness Jerome was quickly fouled so maybe ref didn’t see steps after he picked up ball. Plus the ref was focused on calling the deliberate foul and maybe pos Pearl actually warned him about that.They showed Pearl talking to the ref just earlier, hand on the refs shoulder and quite animated.

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 05:46 PM
Then that referee should be suspended for utter incompetence. He was in perfect position to call it.

ETA: here's why referees should be questioned by reporters after a game, particularly during high visibility games. They should not be protected from legitimate scrutiny.

whats he gonna say...we have replay from 4 angles in slow motion no pressure...he says I made a mistake does Pearl feel better?

same with TT out of bounds play...3 refs missed it and what can be said...human error. happens

lifes not fair

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 05:51 PM
Not that my heart is into it, but I guess I'll be rooting for Texas Tech. They would be the first team from Texas to win the NC since Texas Western won it in 1966.

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 05:52 PM
whats he gonna say...we have replay from 4 angles in slow motion no pressure...he says I made a mistake does Pearl feel better?

same with TT out of bounds play...3 refs missed it and what can be said...human error. happens

lifes not fair

Had Auburn been Duke...holy cow!!! lol

gueastcoast
04-06-2019, 05:53 PM
We should be here. Ugh.

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 06:00 PM
Guy played 39 minutes and Virginia got 2 points from bench....

other starters 34 36 36 37

jazzdelmar
04-06-2019, 06:02 PM
Guy played 39 minutes and Virginia got 2 points from bench....

other starters 34 36 36 37

Best players play. No script for subs. CYO stuff.

katman50
04-06-2019, 06:03 PM
Easier said then done, but don't foul on a difficult 3 point shot in the closing seconds, when sending the shooter to the line with free throws can win it.

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 06:17 PM
Second game, same as the first...first team to 60 wins. Too painful to watch.

Goshzagit
04-06-2019, 06:21 PM
Second game, same as the first...first team to 60 wins. Too painful to watch.

How the F did we let this team score 75 points. Ouch

bartruff1
04-06-2019, 06:26 PM

Maybe, but no one was watching the WCC game and even fewer cared..... I thought it was a very entertaining game on the biggest stage and for a huge prize...between two of the very best teams in the country...:)

Zagsker
04-06-2019, 06:27 PM

You should ref

BavarianZag
04-06-2019, 06:28 PM
This game...

https://tenor.com/view/mower-lawn-mower-starting-up-gif-10424584

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 06:32 PM
You should ref

No way...I don't have the temperament for it.

Zagsker
04-06-2019, 06:32 PM
This game...

https://tenor.com/view/mower-lawn-mower-starting-up-gif-10424584

Lol

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 06:35 PM

http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ad/ad17c8eced080c97b51bed6efe70b0c48cdd6d2669194d5a2c 8d1d705ddd1d51.jpg

Zagsker
04-06-2019, 06:36 PM
No way...I don't have the temperament for it.

Nice...know thy self.

Zagsker
04-06-2019, 06:37 PM
http://www.quickmeme.com/img/ad/ad17c8eced080c97b51bed6efe70b0c48cdd6d2669194d5a2c 8d1d705ddd1d51.jpg

Lol..so true

MJ777
04-06-2019, 06:38 PM
Does anyone know how many times the Zags have been knocked out by the eventual champ? 99 UConn and 2000 MSU are the two that come to my mind.

TexasZagFan
Riddle me this...Tech with 9 fouls in the first half tonight?

katman50

Sub par defense.

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 06:39 PM
Does anyone know how many times the Zags have knocked out by the eventual champ? 99 UConn and 2000 MSU are the two that come to my mind.

Too damn many. I'm not posting that scab meme anymore! lol

Zagsker
04-06-2019, 06:40 PM
Does anyone know how many times the Zags have been knocked out by the eventual champ? 99 UConn and 2000 MSU are the two that come to my mind.

Carolina 09

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 06:41 PM

https://media.tenor.com/images/f37f6686dd38c21c84976687c085a922/tenor.gif

Hoopaholic
04-06-2019, 06:41 PM
Carolina 09

Carolina 2017

Hoopaholic
04-06-2019, 06:42 PM
Riddle me this...Tech with 9 fouls in the first half tonight?

Equals their total for entire game vs zags

Zagsker
04-06-2019, 06:42 PM
https://media.tenor.com/images/f37f6686dd38c21c84976687c085a922/tenor.gif

That is horribly hilarious

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 06:44 PM
Nice...know thy self.

O/T, my wife won't let me coach, either. She thinks I'm too hard on the kids. LOL, I coached my son's 11/12 YO baseball team five years ago, only because they needed one more to have 8 teams. At the team dinner at the end of the season, four moms asked me if I was going to coach the next year...their sons all said I was the best coach they ever had.

My wife was standing next to me, and I still remember her teeth grinding...lol.

MJ777
04-06-2019, 06:46 PM
Will Chris Beard stay at TTU?

jazzdelmar
04-06-2019, 06:47 PM

Duke 16 or 15

MJ777
04-06-2019, 06:48 PM
Carolina 2017

I guess the answer is 5. I thought It was more.

OntZags
04-06-2019, 06:48 PM

They are a good offensive team.

Texas Tech has been a top-10 offense for the past 10 games. (and at times in the past 2 months, top-5). They started the year slow offensively this season but they've finished incredibly strong offensively.

Sometimes a game just turns into a defensive struggle.

jazzdelmar
04-06-2019, 06:49 PM
Mooney plays 6-6 but he hurt them last few.

gueastcoast
04-06-2019, 06:49 PM
This is low quality basketball. Some good defense, yes. But overall low quality basketball.

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 06:50 PM
23-21 at half? I don't care who wins, the ratings for the NC game on Monday will be in the toilet.

MJ777
04-06-2019, 06:51 PM
23-21 at half? I don't care who wins, the ratings for the NC game on Monday will be in the toilet.

Will there be clamoring for a 24 second shot clock?

Birddog
04-06-2019, 06:53 PM
This is low quality basketball. Some good defense, yes. But overall low quality basketball.

Agree, bad, boring and toss in some blown calls too. If TT wins the final will be a snoozer.

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 06:54 PM
Will there be clamoring for a 24 second shot clock?

thinking same thing.

or what about freedom of movement?

Offense excites ticket buyers...not defense

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 06:57 PM
Agree, bad, boring and toss in some blown calls too. If TT wins the final will be a snoozer.

It's not like Michigan State is scintillating in their execution, either.

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 06:59 PM
I'll bet Auburn fans have already turned their attention to the upcoming football season.

MJ777
04-06-2019, 06:59 PM
thinking same thing.

or what about freedom of movement?

Offense excites ticket buyers...not defense

Yes freedom of movement; I think that is what Few was most upset about last game.

I don’t see Beard being wooed by UCLA. His style makes Howland’s look like Tark’s UNLV teams.

Birddog
04-06-2019, 07:03 PM
The panel bending over backwards with excuses for the blown call in the UVA/Auburn game. No talk of the double dribble or the riverdance impersonation in this game.

MJ777
04-06-2019, 07:03 PM
Good for Chuck and Pearl to show good sportsmanship.

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 07:06 PM
The panel bending over backwards with excuses for the blown call in the UVA/Auburn game. No talk of the double dribble or the riverdance impersonation in this game.

I wonder if the word came down from the highest levels of CBS Sports...put this baby to rest!

Given the slow, plodding, defensive minded approach taken by 3/4 of the teams in the Final Four, I certainly hope that the copycats out there don't gravitate towards this style of play.

I'm sure coaches love it...keep the score down, fewer blowouts, fewer calls for them to be fired.

MJ777
04-06-2019, 07:08 PM
CBS secretly wishing the Zags and Duke had won their last games. Duke for sure.

jazzdelmar
04-06-2019, 07:10 PM
No way the double dribble was as egregious as the Tariq out of bounds or the UNC out of bounds, given the circumstances. And he fouled Guy, geez.

rennis
04-06-2019, 07:11 PM
The two worst first half’s of a Final Four ever. Change my mind.

Defense at the cost of good basketball

MJ777
04-06-2019, 07:18 PM
TTU is back to the hackathon. Refs aren’t blowing the whistle.

They may slap their way to a title.

OntZags
04-06-2019, 07:22 PM
The two worst first half’s of a Final Four ever. Change my mind.

Defense at the cost of good basketball

Defense is every part as much as good basketball as offense...

I can't change your mind because clearly you have a preconceived notion of what "good" basketball is that I don't have.

I found the Auburn/Virginia first half to be entertaining as hell. The MSU/TT first half was grindier but sometimes that's the way it goes. (2019 WCC finals anyone?)

Maybe cause of my hockey background I appreciate a defensive struggle more.. but these guys are battling hard all around. I'm thoroughly enjoying this final four. (besides the absence of GU lol)

MJ777
04-06-2019, 07:24 PM
Ouch

MJ777
04-06-2019, 07:29 PM
MSU is in trouble.

jazzdelmar
04-06-2019, 07:30 PM
My kingdom for a Mooney.

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 07:31 PM
MSU trying to hang on

https://media.tenor.com/images/cc0b8517dea9f587577d50e4e88abb19/tenor.gif

Goshzagit
04-06-2019, 07:32 PM
Texas Tech only rim protector & length just wrecked his ankle.

Owens went down, in locker room, in pain. He was best the player vs Zags in many ways.

If they beat MSU, will be tough without him vs VA

MJ777
04-06-2019, 07:33 PM
What???? A reach in on Tech??? Never heard of such a foul.

MickMick
04-06-2019, 07:34 PM
We have seen this before.

GU was the toughest game for the eventual champions.

Goshzagit
04-06-2019, 07:35 PM
My kingdom for a Mooney.

Wonder if many realize he was very close to being a Zag.

Initially, it was Zags until Coach Beard sold him late.

Goshzagit
04-06-2019, 07:36 PM
What???? A reach in on Tech??? Never heard of such a foul.

Props to them but how the hell do they get away with that defense?

I have thought that a handful of times this game and countless times vs us.

They are pushing thr limit every play and get the call given their team and individual hustle.

Amazing

MJ777
04-06-2019, 07:37 PM

He probably would have gotten 20 mpg at GU.

BavarianZag
04-06-2019, 07:37 PM

I don’t know if I wanted to know that. With him, we win the whole enchilada. And I say that as a Perk fan. And a Geno fan.

OntZags
04-06-2019, 07:38 PM
We have seen this before.

GU was the toughest game for the eventual champions.

If Owens is out, my money is Virginia. Edit - Awesome to see him run back out. :)

LTownZag
04-06-2019, 07:42 PM
T TEch will win it all.

GU has never made it to the Elite 8 or beyond and not lost to the eventual national champions.

LTownZag
04-06-2019, 07:43 PM

That would have been a game (season?) changer. Massive upgrade across the guard slots, and some actual depth.

jazzdelmar
04-06-2019, 07:43 PM
Not what TT would have you believe.

Sat out the 2015-16 season due to NCAA Transfer Rules … Signed his Athletic Scholarship Agreement (ASA) in May 2018 … Chose Texas Tech over Creighton and Northwestern in graduate transfer process … Played high school basketball for Tom Les at Notre Dame College Prep near Chicago where he graduated Summa Cum Laude

jazzdelmar
04-06-2019, 07:45 PM
He probably would have gotten 20 mpg at GU.

Playing behind Kispert?

MDABE80
04-06-2019, 07:49 PM
Looks to me like GU play d TT tougher than MSU!

MJ777
04-06-2019, 07:50 PM
Playing behind Kispert?

I’m wrong, 30+.

jazzdelmar
04-06-2019, 07:52 PM
Moretti is due

Zagsker
04-06-2019, 07:52 PM

Did not know that

OntZags
04-06-2019, 07:58 PM
T TEch will win it all.

GU has never made it to the Elite 8 or beyond and not lost to the eventual national champions.

lol We've done that twice. One was in the championship game where obviously we lost to the NC's.

This is the third time and hardly a guarantee based on two previous times. Even if they pull it out tonight they are a coin flip at best vs Virginia.

MJ777
04-06-2019, 07:59 PM
54-51. Should be a good finish.

gueastcoast
04-06-2019, 07:59 PM
I thought at 10 mins left as long as TTU can get to 60 they'll be fine.

Looking unlikely, they'll have to grind it out.

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 08:03 PM
TT vs Virginia

MJ777
04-06-2019, 08:03 PM
I thought at 10 mins left as long as TTU can get to 60 they'll be fine.

Looking unlikely, they'll have to grind it out.

Looks like they’ll make 60.

gueastcoast
04-06-2019, 08:04 PM
Looks like they’ll make 60.

Agreed. But not easily. Were stuck on 52 for what seemed like ages. But they pushed on.

LTownZag
04-06-2019, 08:05 PM
lol We've done that twice. One was in the championship game where obviously we lost to the NC's.

This is the third time and hardly a guarantee based on two previous times. Even if they pull it out tonight they are a coin flip at best vs Virginia.

I know, it was a bit of a factual joke.

But it's still true:

All 4 times GU has made the eilite 8 or beyond, we have lost to the national champions. This year we lost to a team that is about to make the national championship game, so it might continue.

MJ777
04-06-2019, 08:07 PM
Does Beard stay? It must be hard to recruit to Lubbock.

gonstu
04-06-2019, 08:07 PM
Mich St should join the wcc ...maybe they would be better prepared in conference and able to score as many points as the zags did on tech. Cause conference affiliation is what explains these dance losses right??

MJ777
04-06-2019, 08:09 PM
I know, it was a bit of a factual joke.

But it's still true:

All 4 times GU has made the eilite 8 or beyond, we have lost to the national champions. This year we lost to a team that is about to make the national championship game, so it might continue.

I would make TTU the favorite.

Goshzagit
04-06-2019, 08:10 PM
Losing Owens really hurts their chances vs Virginia. Maybe he returns? Looked gimpy

Tech doesn't get within dbl digits vs Zags without his 4 blocked shots, rebounds, put backs, etc

MJ777
04-06-2019, 08:10 PM
Mich St should join the wcc ...maybe they would be better prepared in conference and able to score as many points as the zags did on tech. Cause conference affiliation is what explains these dance losses right??

Is Spy still banned?

Goshzagit
04-06-2019, 08:11 PM
Rooting for Tech to win it all. If they do Zags would have lost to (6) Nat'l Champs and lost to eventual nat'l champ every time they made the E8 or furthe. Not sure how that's not talked about more...as pointed out by Ltownzag as well.

TexasZagFan
04-06-2019, 08:12 PM
First team to 40 wins on Monday night.

Goshzagit
04-06-2019, 08:15 PM

Owens had 9, 7, & 3 blks vs GU.

He had 7, 4, & 3 blks vs MSU before getting injured.

Without him, it could be tough. In many ways their most important player. And xfactor on defense.

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 08:18 PM

same trophy :lmao:

GeorgiaZagFan
04-06-2019, 08:23 PM
I am sad for this game....I DESPISE the type of basketball Texas Tech plays...they foul SO MUCH but get away with it because they've convinced the world that they are a good defensive team....to me they are very athletic and they work hard but they get away with so much that is NOT basketball!!!

Goshzagit
04-06-2019, 08:24 PM
Texas Tech bench goes for 15 pts & 7 rebs.

Every point & rebound needed.

We couldn't say the same about our bench at the end, yet playing time limited as well

Zags11
04-06-2019, 08:25 PM
I know yall are joking about the points scored on monday night but they are in the title gm. Id rather be playing still scoring 50ppg and try for a chip instead of scoring 88ppg and be at home.

Its like the hoopers who try to have perfect form and shoot 20% compared to the ugly shooting form player who shoots 40% from 3. Its so,so, pretty and people love the style but if its not winning games who cares?

bartruff1
04-06-2019, 08:28 PM
I know yall are joking about the points scored on monday night but they are in the title gm. Id rather be playing still scoring 50ppg and try for a chip instead of scoring 88ppg and be at home.

Its like the hoopers who try to have perfect form and shoot 20% compared to the ugly shooting form player who shoots 40% from 3. Its so,so, pretty and people love the style but if its not winning games who cares?

I don't get it either...the object of competition is to win...they win...there are no style points in basketball....

MJ777
04-06-2019, 08:32 PM
I don't get it either...the object of competition is to win...they win...there are no style points in basketball....

I think it’s because TTU plays too much like the Nasty Boys’ Pistons.

Goshzagit
04-06-2019, 08:33 PM

Now we have heard 3 or 4 long time analysts, players, even HOF guys say Texas Tech runs the most impressive practice they have ever seen.

Have heard this by every announcer in every game as well.

This Coach Beard guy is amazing, runs a tight, focused, efficient ship.

Terrific Coach.

Hoopaholic
04-06-2019, 08:37 PM

Yep

LTownZag
04-06-2019, 08:41 PM
Rooting for Tech to win it all. If they do Zags would have lost to (6) Nat'l Champs and lost to eventual nat'l champ every time they made the E8 or furthe. Not sure how that's not talked about more...as pointed out by Ltownzag as well.

I think if T-tech wins, it would be the 5th (not 6th) GU opponent in the dance to be national champs.

I came across those numbers when looking at GU's total tournament wins compared with GU's expected wins based on average for their received seedings (we're doing better than average by quite a bit).

Year and opponent result:

99 - national champs (UCONN)
2000 - elite 8 Purdue
2001 - final 4 MSU
2002 - round of 32 WYOMING
2003 - elite 8 ARIZONO
2004 - S16 NEVADA
2005 - S16 TTECH
2006 - Runner Up UCLA
2007 - R of 32 INDIANA
2008 - E8 Davidson (one shot from final4) (Curry)
2009- Champions (UNC)
2010 - S16 SYR
2011 - S16 BYU (Jimmer)
2012 - FF tOSU
2013 - FF (wichita state)
2014 - E8 (1pt loss in OT from FF)
2015 - Champions (duke)
2016 - FF - Syracuse
2017 - Champions - UNC (GU got jobbed by refs, Bill Walton says the world still owes Zach Collins an apology)
2018 - E8 FLOR ST
2019 - Champs or runner up TTECH

LTownZag
04-06-2019, 08:43 PM
Now we have heard 3 or 4 long time analysts, players, even HOF guys say Texas Tech runs the most impressive practice they have ever seen.

Have heard this by every announcer in every game as well.

This Coach Beard guy is amazing, runs a tight, focused, efficient ship.

Terrific Coach.

I've heard those comments as well and wondered what their practices are all about. Did you catch any specifics on the differences?

MJ777
04-06-2019, 08:46 PM
I think if T-tech wins, it would be the 5th (not 6th) GU opponent in the dance to be national champs.

I came across those numbers when looking at GU's total tournament wins compared with GU's expected wins based on average for their received seedings (we're doing better than average by quite a bit).

Year and opponent result:

99 - national champs (UCONN)
2000 - elite 8 Purdue
2001 - final 4 MSU
2002 - round of 32 WYOMING
2003 - elite 8 ARIZONO
2004 - S16 NEVADA
2005 - S16 TTECH
2006 - Runner Up UCLA
2007 - R of 32 INDIANA
2008 - E8 Davidson (one shot from final4) (Curry)
2009- Champions (UNC)
2010 - S16 SYR
2011 - S16 BYU (Jimmer)
2012 - FF tOSU
2013 - FF (wichita state)
2014 - E8 (1pt loss in OT from FF)
2015 - Champions (duke)
2016 - FF - Syracuse
2017 - Champions - UNC (GU got jobbed by refs, Bill Walton says the world still owes Zach Collins an apology)
2018 - E8 FLOR ST
2019 - Champs or runner up TTECH

Dang, I thought GU played MSU in 2000, not 2001. They have lost to 10 teams that made the FF that year.

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 08:54 PM
Texas Tech knocked out of tourney last year by Villanova

LTownZag
04-06-2019, 09:07 PM
Texas Tech knocked out of tourney last year by Villanova

And UNC was knocked out in 2016 by the national champions Villanova and won it the following year too!

(not sure this means anything except that T-Tech, UNC, and Villanova have all been good for multiple years in a row recently)

bballbeachbum
04-06-2019, 09:14 PM

we agree.

I want to know the rules before we start, and have them evenly enforced

the film is there, whatever folks are saying about the great practices, which they may be. I would reply, watch the video.

it's time to start teaching kids to reach and grab; that's what they're seeing out there, it's legal, so why teach them not to; literally teach them to slap down instead of the opposite lol. I wonder if teams will be allowed to get away with it next year. this will be dubbed the year of D becasue of the way they allowed games to be played, so maybe next year is an adjustment to this.

makes for greatness if you are allowed to get away with it.

and Guy got fouled in the VA game, the interesting thing was the whistle blew

willandi
04-06-2019, 09:16 PM
I am sad for this game....I DESPISE the type of basketball Texas Tech plays...they foul SO MUCH but get away with it because they've convinced the world that they are a good defensive team....to me they are very athletic and they work hard but they get away with so much that is NOT basketball!!!

There are those on this forum that believe this is just physical ball and because both teams COULD do it, the game is called fairly when the fouls aren't called.

I agree with you. Slapping and hacking is against the rules and is not good basketball.

Zagceo
04-06-2019, 09:29 PM
I think Texas Tech Michigan State and Virginia play tough defense. They move their feet and have active hands.

Slapping the ball is perfectly legal because some don’t like it doesn’t make it illegal.

Whining about refs is weak. Good teams adapt.

Section 116
04-06-2019, 09:39 PM
Asst coach mastermind of TTU defense: https://www.apnews.com/21a47a972d1d484e969340f7bc0ead76

bballbeachbum
04-06-2019, 09:57 PM
I think Texas Tech Michigan State and Virginia play tough defense. They move their feet and have active hands.

Slapping the ball is perfectly legal because some don’t like it doesn’t make it illegal.

Whining about refs is weak. Good teams adapt.

oh come on, defending them is weak when they suck, or they actually are doing what they are supposed to on those plays this tournament

always fun to discuss things with you

slapping the ball is legal, true. active hands is also a good thing in passing lanes and tipped balls and scooping under on the dribble, but not reaching at the rim or off the bounce; it's off the bounce where it's being allowed and specifically, on the gather to attack the rim, on most all drives in these TT games, they are all Karl Malone out there, very famous for defending on the ground reaching with his hands. BUT he did it in the post banging, not off the bounce defense like we're seeing. it's a tactic Beard uses that his team is not whistled for like other teams are. Aaron Craft did it all the time, for example....

and we agree, adapt. like I said, start teaching kids to do it because it's allowed whether you get the ball, or not. we'll see if it's still allowed next season tho like this

anyway, if you don't see that, ok, you you can call the observations I just shared weak if you'd like, but it's not whining if it's accurate, maybe uncomfortable though. and the video is clear they are not getting all ball.

and I didn't put you or your perspective down as weak :)

CDC84
04-06-2019, 11:02 PM
TSN on Auburn's heart breaking loss to UVA:

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/final-four-2019-virginias-kyle-guy-gives-foul-ending-to-auburns-dream-season/1gk3x8nt06n3x1ahxmtabsh673

What happened? With 1.5 seconds remaining, Virginia was inbounding the ball from the sideline opposite the team benches, after Auburn had spent the second of two fouls it had available to disrupt the Cavaliers’ progress up the court. UVA ran a play designed to get All-American guard Kyle Guy a shot from the near corner. He caught the pass and, given the short amount of time remaining, spun into a 3-point attempt. It did not connect.

There might have been a reason. As Guy launched the shot and descended to the court, Auburn guard Samir Doughty, a 6-4 junior from Philadelphia, crowded into his landing spot. Official James Breeding signaled a foul.

“Foul. Every single time,” a high-major official who worked the NCAA Tournament texted to Sporting News. “No such thing as incidental contact on a jump-shooter. The farther away you are from the basket, the less contact you can absorb without it affecting your shot. … That’s a big-time call.”

It will be controversial because it is rare for a judgment call to impact such an important game so near to its conclusion — though not because the official was incorrect.

“Honestly, I thought it was some BS,” Auburn guard Malik Dunbar said in a quiet Auburn locker room. “I didn’t like it, but there wasn’t anything I could do about it.”

J.D. Collins, the national coordinator for officiating, confirmed the call was correct as called on the court.

"The foul was a violation of Rule 4, Section 39.i, which states, 'Verticality applies to a legal position and also to both the offensive and defensive players," Collins said in a statement. "'The basic components of the principle of verticality are: The defender may not ‘belly up’ or use the lower part of the body or arms to cause contact outside his vertical plane or inside the opponent's vertical plane.'"

The locker room stayed closed longer than normal, in part so NCAA selection committee chair Bernard Muir and vice president of basketball Dan Gavitt could speak to the team.

CDC84
04-06-2019, 11:05 PM
I don't know how other Gonzaga fans feel, but Texas Tech's commanding performance over Michigan State, who I felt had the best shot of winning the national title of this final 4 group, eases SOME of the pain from last Saturday's loss to the Red Raiders. It really showed what a fine team the Red Raiders have. I'd love to see them win the title Monday night. However, if UVA wins it Monday night, it really shows what a crazy sport college basketball is. You can go from losing to a 16 seed one year to winning it all the next.

rawkmandale
04-07-2019, 02:50 AM
I don't know how other Gonzaga fans feel, but Texas Tech's commanding performance over Michigan State, who I felt had the best shot of winning the national title of this final 4 group, eases SOME of the pain from last Saturday's loss to the Red Raiders. It really showed what a fine team the Red Raiders have. I'd love to see them win the title Monday night. However, if UVA wins it Monday night, it really shows what a crazy sport college basketball is. You can go from losing to a 16 seed one year to winning it all the next.

Great thoughts. I would add that if Texas Tech blows out Virginia (possible), the reality is that the true National Championship game was the West Regional Final. I am rooting Texas Tech, but won't be sad if Tony Bennett wins a natty.

bartruff1
04-07-2019, 07:37 AM
Great thoughts. I would add that if Texas Tech blows out Virginia (possible), the reality is that the true National Championship game was the West Regional Final. I am rooting Texas Tech, but won't be sad if Tony Bennett wins a natty.

You must be a Physicists and a student of Quantum Mechanics..... who theorize that consciousness creates reality ???

But for those of us that accept that big and slow moving things are real.... and that in reality..... the game for the National Championship...... is actually the game for the National Championship …… and between Virginia and TT....:)

Hoopaholic
04-07-2019, 07:54 AM
TSN on Auburn's heart breaking loss to UVA:

http://www.sportingnews.com/us/ncaa-basketball/news/final-four-2019-virginias-kyle-guy-gives-foul-ending-to-auburns-dream-season/1gk3x8nt06n3x1ahxmtabsh673

Crowded into his landing spot.....try he made contact with the shooters leg while in a the air

Judgement call? Guess you could claim every call during a game is judgement call

BavarianZag
04-07-2019, 08:08 AM
Crowded into his landing spot.....try he made contact with the shooters leg while in a the air

And before the ball had left his hand

Zagceo
04-07-2019, 08:24 AM
Will UCLA get a meeting with Bennett or Beard since Dixon deal fell apart?

I say yes and both get a raise and stay home.

bballbeachbum
04-07-2019, 09:35 AM

Judgement call? Guess you could claim every call during a game is judgement call

yep, it's a foul. have certainly seen those NOT called in that situation tho, and afterwards all the talk is, "they were so tough", or "we were so tough", or" you want to let the kids decide it at the end" or whatever. the whistle blew this time when the foul occurred, didn't swallow it this time.

ok, noted.

kyle dixon
04-07-2019, 09:53 AM
yep, it's a foul. have certainly seen those NOT called in that situation tho, and afterwards all the talk is, "they were so tough", or "we were so tough", or" you want to let the kids decide it at the end" or whatever. the whistle blew this time when the foul occurred, didn't swallow it this time.

ok, noted.

Texas Tech was tougher. There is a reason they are still playing.

Hoopaholic
04-07-2019, 10:32 AM

ok, noted.

I think it's wrong to swallow a whistle on a clear foul no matter if it's in first minute or last second play...I don't recall seeing in the rule book a section to choose to ignore a violation of the rule book if the game is close or end of game

Referring integrity. Call the obvious stay away from 50-50 and NEVER guess

Hoopaholic
04-07-2019, 10:34 AM
And before the ball had left his hand

Even if left hand contact prior to landing is still foul in act of shooting

JPtheBeasta
04-07-2019, 11:04 AM
The shot was an inch or so short of going in. The defender pushed Guy away from the basket with his body while he was in the act of shooting. You could see the defender jump 12 inches or so toward the shooter (he was standing inside the three point line when he jumped, and landed well outside it), make body contact, and push Guy’s body toward the sideline. This shouldn’t even be controversial.

Guy still had to make his free throws, so the game was still decided by a player.

The double dribble, though...

(*Sour grapes warning*) One could argue that with all of the hacking allowed, or allowing people to jump from out of bounds to save a ball, that the rules don’t really apply in March. That might be the better argument to make.

Zagceo
04-07-2019, 11:16 AM
How about the play toward the end of TT game where Tech player just took the ball out of the hands of MSU player.

Huge play

I call it the “gimme the ball play”. Clean and aggressive. Think Tech did it to Perk at least once.

Football defenses evolved with stripping....Tech has brought it to basketball

jazzdelmar
04-07-2019, 11:21 AM
Please, cut out the We’re #2 stuff. Unbecoming.

jazzdelmar
04-07-2019, 12:25 PM
Great quote.

Added Virginia coach Tony Bennett: "The fact that he hit that shot before it and then stepped to the line. ... You know, we were 6-of-12 from the line, and we struggled from the line, but for him in that setting to do it, yeah, it doesn't get much better than that. Terrific -- sorry, that wasn't a strong enough word. Amazing, spectacular, is that ... I don't have many more. I didn't graduate from UVa, so my vocab is a little limited."

MJ777
04-07-2019, 12:26 PM
I don’t know if it’s live but the WCC 3 on 3 team just won their semi final game against the Northeast Conf. They are going for the 100k in a bit on ESPN 2.

bartruff1
04-07-2019, 02:10 PM
My kingdom for a Mooney.

It may be hyperbole but imho any of the Elite 8 would have advanced with Mooney..... seem like often a guard will get hot and lead his team to the Championship.....The MVP normally comes from the winning team.....if they win....he should get it...

JPtheBeasta
04-07-2019, 04:16 PM
Mooney is a baller. I am very impressed. I didn’t watch TT much this year and thought he was a 3 and D guy, only.

jayray
04-07-2019, 04:38 PM
Please, cut out the We’re #2 stuff. Unbecoming.

Agree. It means nothing to lose to the championship team whether it is in the championship game or in the sweet 16. I doubt the players get any consolation in it either.