PDA

View Full Version : Was Texas Tech the only team left who could beat us?

theman.themyth.thelegend
03-31-2019, 02:30 PM
Terrible match-up given their ability to remove any sort of interior post play, and slowing tempo, pace, while working shot clock.

Watching Auburn, Virginia, even Duke, just seems we match-up tremendously well with the remaining teams.

Their defensive style allows more action from interior players as well.

We already beat Duke and Michigan St this season (won by 17 in a scrimmage), and just seems Auburn nor Virginia has the interior players to defend.

Was Texas the perfect team to take out the Zags' season of destiny? Sure feels like it...

We beat Tech, we win the Championship, imho. If not, who beats us when we can play our style of bball? What could have been. . .

bartruff1
03-31-2019, 02:47 PM
No…..all of them could...

maynard g krebs
03-31-2019, 02:50 PM
ANybody can beat anybody on a given day when you get that far. But as Adam said on the radio at halftime, "Tech is a very handsy team, and the refs aren't calling it."

gonzagafan62
03-31-2019, 02:51 PM
Anyone can beat anyone. Don’t get crazy

jazzdelmar
03-31-2019, 02:51 PM
It’s over. Sayonara.

MJ777
03-31-2019, 02:53 PM
ANybody can beat anybody on a given day when you get that far. But as Adam said on the radio at halftime, "Tech is a very handsy team, and the refs aren't calling it."

And Adam knows from experience about handsy teams and not getting called on it - unfortunately. I agree on any given day any of the teams could win or lose.

MDABE80
03-31-2019, 02:55 PM
I'm thinking the other teams got better as the season went on. In the early going others ( like Duke) didn't match us well. But at the peak of their seasons, I doubt we could win emphatically. We lost EXCELLENT Rui. and the TO's ( ie not taking care of the ball) would be major limitations. We "could" win but the odds wouldn't be good against Duke, Michigan State, TT (unless fouls were called) and a few others. Key to a lot would be in Rui got interested in hard core playing again.

misszigzag
03-31-2019, 03:30 PM
Echoing what others have said. Once you get to this point in the tournament, it’s anyone’s game. Beating a team once during the season, in no way means you will beat them the second time around. Every game would have been just as much a dog fight as the last.

LTownZag
03-31-2019, 03:37 PM
I'm increasingly trying to remind myself how much randomness and chaos occurs in the tournament, especially in the later rounds.

This year's first two rounds were extremely chalky, after that things went nuts.

For some perspective, UK has been in the elite 8 or beyond for 10 of the 21 years from 1999-now.

Out of those 10 elites 8 years, they have a single national title.