PDA

View Full Version : Texas Tech As Advertised

CB4
03-30-2019, 07:20 PM
They were the better team tonight. They didn't play perfect basketball, far from it at some points in the game, but they executed on defense when it mattered. We couldn't hit threes at the rate or efficiency of our season average. Tough loss. For that, they earned the W. Congrats to TT and I hope they make the finals.

Their coach is a class act. He had his daughter at the pregame press conference who obviously adores her dad. It was cool to see the Italian kid have his parents fly out to SoCal and surprise him before the game. This one stings for us but is huge for their kids and their program. March madness!

jazzdelmar
03-30-2019, 07:23 PM
Better team won. Beat primarily by two unathletic, average size guards. Tough.

MJ777
03-30-2019, 07:31 PM
Congrats to TTU, Beat Duke...or MSU.

bartruff1
03-30-2019, 07:33 PM
Yes the were....and as much as I think Beard is the Eddie Haskell of coaches...he had a great game plan and made the in game adjustments .. probably on his way to UCLA....

Ezag
03-30-2019, 07:34 PM
Better today but I don't think the better team. Sometimes the best team doesn't win

Alum08
03-30-2019, 07:57 PM
With all respect to the better team tonight, I wasn't impressed by them at all. We just played very poorly. Theoretically it could be due to their legendary defense, but honestly the eye test just says we stunk like we stunk against St. Marys.

Goshzagit
03-30-2019, 08:11 PM
Texas Tech might win it all.

That mucky swarming defense will cause problems for anyone.

They are average offensively and we gave them so many free/easy layups.

We have shown, this year and past years, our staff or players have zero clue to to play vs a pack line team.

Credit to Tech for exploiting it.

jpn17
03-30-2019, 08:23 PM
Texas Tech might win it all.

That mucky swarming defense will cause problems for anyone.

They are average offensively and we gave them so many free/easy layups.

We have shown, this year and past years, our staff or players have zero clue to to play vs a pack line team.

Credit to Tech for exploiting it.

TT won't win another game, they won't get the benefit of the officiating against Duke or Michigan State that they got tonight.

MJ777
03-30-2019, 08:26 PM
TT won't win another game, they won't get the benefit of the officiating against Duke or Michigan State that they got tonight.

Exactly. I’d be shocked if 2 or more of their players don’t foul out. But GU would probably be in the same boat had they won.