PDA

View Full Version : The Get-it -Out -of -Your- System -and -Rant -Here -Thread

Pages : [1] 2

RenoZag
03-30-2019, 04:21 PM
Respect the game and the Zags. It wasn't their day.

Disappointing finish to a very good season.

STATS LINK: http://stats.statbroadcast.com/statmonitr/?statmonitr=bcs&id=258619

Blackbeard
03-30-2019, 04:24 PM
Great game. The TT defense was fantastic.

Fitting for the all time career zag turnover leader Perkins to end his career with another stupid mistake.

When will Norvell learn that he is not Steph Curry.

Why didn't Few play Tillie in the 2nd half

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-30-2019, 04:25 PM
No rant needed. Love this team, love these players and am thankful they gave us such a wonderful season.

Radbooks
03-30-2019, 04:25 PM
No rant needed. Love this team, love these players and am thankful they gave us such a wonderful season.

Same here... disappointed, but still love our team.

Pleasant Peninsula
03-30-2019, 04:26 PM
Where the hell was Killian Tillie? How on earth could he be chained to the bench?

gonzagafan62
It sucked, definitely not what I was hoping for

drvenkman05
Keeping him rested for next year?

Where the hell was Killian Tillie? How on earth could he be chained to the bench?

GU69
03-30-2019, 04:27 PM

Great year. Sad ending.

thespywhozaggedme
Most disappointing season ever. So much talent wasted. I mentioned this in the game thread but it bears repeating here; this team is so much more talented than our teams from the late 90s and early 2000’s but those teams had much more basketball IQ. It really is a shame. Plus, why did Tillie barely play in the second half? It’s just like St. Mary’s over again.

Martin Centre Mad Man

Fitting for the all time career zag turnover leader Perkins to end his career with another stupid mistake.

Not cool. He made an incredibly gutsy play to hit that three seconds before.

thespywhozaggedme
Great year. Sad ending.

I disagree. I think the whole year is a failure because of this game.

katman50
03-30-2019, 04:28 PM
Simply put we lost to the better team tonight. That’s the way it is.

NEC26
Dissapointing end to our season. Too many turnovers again. We need an elite point guard here.

gonzagafan62

That’s silly. Lol. Get over yourself

Zags11
03-30-2019, 04:29 PM
Players follow their coach. They get tight. 23pd is mad cuz i said what mark fews ex players throughout the years have said this as well.

You cant be mad at the messenger for what ex players say. This was our 2nd best team with nba players and got tight.

GU69
Few just wasted his best team ever. We will never win the whole thing. Just not meant to be.

troll

23dpg
IMO, Zags were the better team but TTech played better.

Like I said in the game thread, every team but one loses their last game in the tourney.

RenoZag

Of course you do.

Zags11
Perkins actually had a solid game.

ZagNut08
Elite 8 teams
Elite 8 Coaches
CBI officiating

zagsfanforlife
Let them hang around way too long

Pleasant Peninsula
03-30-2019, 04:30 PM

This is too much. But you were right that it was an incredible opportunity wasted. We did NOT lose to the better team today. We lost to the team that outcoached and outclassed and were mentally tougher than us.

Ezag
Stupid thread...

bartruff1
TT played great defense made the plays they had to make and certainly deserved to win....Zags had a outstanding year....

drvenkman05
I can’t tell if this has a double meaning or not! TTU definitely “hung” today....

RenoZag
03-30-2019, 04:31 PM
Stupid thread...

LOL

thespywhozaggedme
That’s silly. Lol. Get over yourself

You really struggle with people having an opinion that differs from your own, don’t you? What do you mean “myself”? I don’t think you understand the difference between first, second and third person. Seriously. Losing this game, ruined the entire season for me. That is my opinion. And it’s OK that it differs from yours.

katman50

This is too much. But you were right that it was an incredible opportunity wasted. We did NOT lose to the better team today. We lost to the team that outcoached and outclassed and were mentally tougher than us.

Ergo, they were the better team.

23dpg
03-30-2019, 04:32 PM
Players follow their coach. They get tight. 23pd is mad cuz i said what mark fews ex players throughout the years have said this as well.

You cant be mad at the messenger for what ex players say. This was our 2nd best team with nba players and got tight.

Hmm, no. Go back and reread it. I asked why you disliked Few because you’re always grinding that axe. Now I know why.
I don’t know Few. I think he’s a great coach though.

Kong-Kool-Aid
Sad that the thread complaining is going to be longer than a thread discussing how amazing this team is.

Pleasant Peninsula
I'm gonna ask this again, because I feel like it is worth asking again:

WHERE THE *%&*$& WAS KILLIAN TILLIE? WHY DID FEW NOT HAVE HIM IN THE GAME?

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 04:33 PM

Why is a “too much”? It is my opinion. I would not have posted that if we had lost in the final four or the final game. We are the superior team to Texas Tech and we lost, to me that makes this season a failure. My opinion differs from yours, and that is OK.

NEC26
We need an elite point guard.

katman50
You really struggle with people having an opinion that differs from your own, don’t you? What do you mean “myself”? I don’t think you understand the difference between first, second and third person. Seriously. Losing this game, ruined the entire season for me. That is my opinion. And it’s OK that it differs from yours.

I can respect that. Failure is in the eye of the beholder.

jpn17
No need for a rant. I said my piece on the horrid officiating in the game thread. This was a special team and I love how they fought to the very end. It was a treat to watch these guys this season.

Few just wasted his best team ever. We will never win the whole thing. Just not meant to be.

I disagree, this year just makes me feel even stronger that Few will win one at GU. The fact that GU has been able to assemble teams capable of runs like this and is able to continue it is amazing. It used to be just making the NCAA tournament was a success. Now they're expecting to make the sweet 16. The ceiling keeps rising. They'll get there. Just enjoy the ride, even during the empty days like today.

thespywhozaggedme

WHERE THE *%&*$& WAS KILLIAN TILLIE? WHY DID FEW NOT HAVE HIM IN THE GAME?

I posted that very question 10 times in the last 10 minutes of the game thread. It was the St. Mary’s game all over again.

cscz28
There was nothing out of the ordinary with this game, both teams had great effort, TTU was a better team. I don’t see any reason for throwing these young men under the bus when they’re the ones putting all that effort into trying to win a game and just happen to come up short.

TexasZagFan
03-30-2019, 04:34 PM
Hmm, no. Go back and reread it. I asked why you disliked Few because you’re always grinding that axe. Now I know why.

Not much a coach can do when a call is blown at a critical juncture. Having said that, you aren't going to win many games when you get 3 FGs in 12 minutes.

thespywhozaggedme
I can respect that. Failure is in the eye of the beholder.

Thank you. Losing this game ruined the season for me. I would not have posted that if we had lost in the final four or the championship game. We underachieved, bottom line.

gonzagafan62

Yes and my opinion that you need to get over yourself is an opinion you can’t take either lol

RenoZag
03-30-2019, 04:35 PM
Sad that the thread complaining is going to be longer than a thread discussing how amazing this team is.

I think folks will show their appreciation for the team later this evening and tomorrow. Right now, they need to vent and I would rather have it happen in one spot than to moderate the ##ll out of 10 or 15 different threads.

For all of the passion we have when they win, it seems there's even more when they lose. Even after 20 years

23dpg
Why is a “too much”? It is my opinion. I would not have posted that if we had lost in the final four or the final game. We are the superior team to Texas Tech and we lost, to me that makes this season a failure. My opinion differs from yours, and that is OK.

Spy, that leaves a tough standard to live up to. But it is yours to have.
I agree with your thoughts about Killie. I wanted him in there.

MJ777
Most disappointing season ever. So much talent wasted. I mentioned this in the game thread but it bears repeating here; this team is so much more talented than our teams from the late 90s and early 2000ís but those teams had much more basketball IQ. It really is a shame. Plus, why did Tillie barely play in the second half? Itís just like St. Maryís over again.

They made the E8. UNC lost in the SW 16. I do agree the earlier teams had higher BB IQs.

And yes Tillie needed to be in the game.

krozman
Most disappointing season ever..

I mean....really? Show some reserve. We played terrible Ö.today. The season was great.

Zags11

Please show me where i complained on few this yr? Its ok to have constructive critiscism. I like few. What is your point? Im telling you what former players have said. Again this is ok to say.

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 04:36 PM
Of course you do.

And it’s entirely OK Reno. It’s entirely OK

thespywhozaggedme
I mean....really? Show some reserve. We played terrible ….today. The season was great.

So according to the English language there has to be a “most disappointing season ever”, correct? So if it wasn’t this one, which one would it be for you?

Zags11
Not much a coach can do when a call is blown at a critical juncture. Having said that, you aren't going to win many games when you get 3 FGs in 12 minutes.

Look im just saying what ex-players have said.

MickMick
There was a thread awhile back asking who you did not want to see in your bracket.

My biggest fear was Texas Tech. Absolutely dreaded them as a three seed.

This team doesn't have the handles or the IQ to hang with them, and for sure, you need at least one of those attributes at a high level, as a team, to beat them.

thickman1
No way...

RenoZag
03-30-2019, 04:37 PM
And it’s entirely OK Reno. It’s entirely OK

Yes it is, spy. Your passion for the game & the Zags is an 11 on a scale of one to 10.

Bocco
03-30-2019, 04:38 PM
Stupid thread...
no just a stupid poster... like any 7-year old he should be sent to his room for a timeout

Pleasant Peninsula

That's not sad. That's emotions. Give it a week. Until then, stop being a sanctimonious jerk.

billyberu

WHERE THE *%&*$& WAS KILLIAN TILLIE? WHY DID FEW NOT HAVE HIM IN THE GAME?No one knows for sure and since you asked I'll throw my 2 cents in.

My recall of a crucial stretch late in the 2nd half was of TT going with a smaller lineup and had a little run of our turnovers and their points. Few countered with Jeremy Jones.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

thespywhozaggedme
Spy, that leaves a tough standard to live up to. But it is yours to have.
I agree with your thoughts about Killie. I wanted him in there.

This was our most talented team ever. We underachieved.

Pleasant Peninsula
no just a stupid poster... like any 7-year old he should be sent to his room for a timeout

Where you would show up to taunt him (like here).

SunDevilGolfZag
03-30-2019, 04:39 PM

Troll on
Just a tough night. Great players, great team , great season.

thespywhozaggedme
Yes it is, spy. Your passion for the game & the Zags is an 11 on a scale of one to 10.

Thanks man, that’s classy of you. My wife and kids know that I’m heartbroken so they just made me a pizza. LOL

doctorzag
Kispert. 0 points 0 assists 2 rebounds.
Norvell. Do I even need to say anything?
Tillie? Few sat him almost the entire second half. Why?

Our guys play tight, nervous,scared in close games.

Pleasant Peninsula
03-30-2019, 04:40 PM
No one knows for sure and since you asked I'll throw my 2 cents in.

My recall of a crucial stretch late in the 2nd half was of TT going with a smaller lineup and had a little run of our turnovers and their points. Few countered with Jeremy Jones.

How'd that work out?

Mantua
I like this team a lot. I thought they looked unsteady from the start. Iíll get over it.

AzZag
Perkins actually had a solid game.

I respectfully disagree .
Forget the second worst NCAA bone head play of all time (Chris Weber bring first). He decides to help out on Culver , who was contained all game, and left his man at the worst time. Horrible defense all game. They picked on him and he buckled. He was careless with the ball all night.
Sure he had points and assists but when we needed him most he didnít come through. Tough last game in a Zags uniform.

Worthington
03-30-2019, 04:41 PM
The reffing in this game was atrocious. Look at the first 5 minutes. We drew several fouls in that time, and then the refs just completely swallowed their whistles after that. Pushing, arm slapping, blocking fouls, all uncalled throughout the second half. Clear goal tending goals where the ball was picked clean off the rim. No call. Obvious out of bounds after the block in a critical moment. No call. The refs let Texas Tech set the tone and get away with little stuff all game long. I will say that we needed to be a lot stronger with the ball and we made a lot of mistakes in the face of this physical play, but ultimately I just wish we got a better whistle.

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 04:41 PM
Yes and my opinion that you need to get over yourself is an opinion you can’t take either lol

It’s not that I “can’t take it”, it just doesn’t make sense. When I posted the thread asking if we would lose a game all year, you told me to “humble myself”. Again, that doesn’t make sense because the thread wasn’t about me it was about the team. Your posts just aren’t very intelligent.

kyle dixon
03-30-2019, 04:42 PM
And itís entirely OK Reno. Itís entirely OK

You also posted a heartfelt note that the Zags would lose to FSU. I thought you were done for the season then. Tough standards. Go Zags!

thickman1
The reffing in this game was atrocious. Look at the first 5 minutes. We drew several fouls in that time, and then the tefs just completely swallowed their whistles after that. Pushing, arm slapping, blocking fouls, all uncalled throughout the second half. Clear goal tending goals where the ball was picked clean off the rim. No call. Obvious out of bounds after the block in a critical moment. No call. The refs let Texas Tech set the tone and get away with little stuff all game long. I will say that we needed to be a lot stronger with the ball and we made a lot of mistakes in the face of this physical play, but ultimately I just wish we got a better whistle.

No...

Kong-Kool-Aid
That's not sad. That's emotions. Give it a week. Until then, stop being a sanctimonious jerk.

I’m glad you only post on here at the end of the season. Loser

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 04:43 PM

I do agree with the one poster that said that Few does give off that vibe sometimes. Even in our championship game team he seemed to tighten up, but Williams Goss was just too talented to let that happen.

billyberu
How'd that work out?For you, I'd say not too good.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

CB4
Zags lost to a good team. Simple as that. Any of the E8 teams are equally talented and worthy of winning it all. Feel bad for the coach and the team.

Zags11

Play like your coach. I can name 10 former players from the past zag teams that say we get tight.

thickman1
Forget the second worst NCAA bone head play of all time (Chris Weber bring first). He decides to help out on Culver , who was contained all game, and left his man at the worst time. Horrible defense all game. They picked on him and he buckled. He was careless with the ball all night.
Sure he had points and assists but when we needed him most he didn’t come through. Tough last game in a Zags uniform.

This....he stunk against FSU too, but it was glossed over by the W.

jpn17
No...

Yes...

Blackbeard
Troll on
Just a tough night. Great players, great team , great season.

tough night? Kispert and Norvell didn't show up at all. I hope they improve their form for next year.

zagsfanforlife
Anyone else feeling a little between crying and throwing up?

NEC26
03-30-2019, 04:44 PM
There was one weakness on this team. Ball handling, our guards had such loose handles.
Whenever we play these tough teams who pressure our guards we get punished rather than punishing them.
We need an elite guard here to win the whole enchilada.

Zags11
03-30-2019, 04:44 PM
Sure he had points and assists but when we needed him most he didn’t come through. Tough last game in a Zags uniform.

So did rui then. He is the lotto pick and disappeared down the stretch.

Zags11
03-30-2019, 04:45 PM

Me.

CdAZagFan
Definitely tough pill to swallow - thought this team talent-wise would be the one to possibly get us a national championship (and the brackets were starting to play out that way). Definitely was hoping to make it next weekend. But it's been a long season - full of much more happiness, than these down times. So, there it is.

TexasZagFan
I like this team a lot. I thought they looked unsteady from the start. I’ll get over it.

I'm already over it. It helped that I missed the first 30 minutes of playing time thanks to my son's doubleheader today. The DVR will be deleted in about 5 minutes.

I'll be watching several other games I've recorded to help remember the great memories: Creighton, BYU, Duke. How anybody can say a team that went 33-4 underachieved simply astounds me. That's showing a great deal of disrespect to our players, and the team that ended our season.

CB4
The only thing coaching staff could have done better is soft pressure, chatter, manipulation so to speak, to get some calls to go our way. Especially after the missed out of bounds call. Coach K is a master of this. Easier said that done though.

Pleasant Peninsula
Iím glad you only post on here at the end of the season. Loser

I've been posting here since ... well before "here" was the place. You are being a complete jerk.

Pleasant Peninsula
03-30-2019, 04:46 PM

Yes. I'm beside myself.

Zags11
03-30-2019, 04:46 PM
I've been posting here since ... well before "here" was the place. You are being a complete jerk.

Its cool bro. Losses suck. Im upset. I feel like zags underachieved.

TexasZagFan
03-30-2019, 04:47 PM
Play like your coach. I can name 10 former players from the past zag teams that say we get tight.

Don't be shy...name them.

Worthington
Our guys looked really tired. Rui and Brandon we're sloppier than they've been all season. Rui was legitimately falling over on drives to the rim because his legs weren't there. That FSU game took a lot out of us, while Texas Tech strolled in after a 20 point blowout. Big difference in this game.

thespywhozaggedme
You also posted a heartfelt note that the Zags would lose to FSU. I thought you were done for the season then. Tough standards. Go Zags!

And I also posted several times that I hoped that I was dead wrong. And I was. Yay

zagfan1
03-30-2019, 04:48 PM
Great season! They had too many turnovers in this game. TT was physical with us and we were too sloppy. Fitting Josh gets a bone headed technical at the end of the game. Disappointed we didnít make the final four.

gueastcoast
Here's my rant:

About the team/Few? Nothing at all. Teams lose high level games, it happens. Nobody brings their fastball night in, night out. Terrible officiating and way too loose with the ball, but it is what it is. I am at peace.

About this board? Can someone explain to me why a Withers article thread gets locked ("Haters gonna Hate") while trolls run rampant throughout the board on game day? I feel like it's 2017 again and the guy talking about "my buddy" (in Spokane) is back. What a joke.

Raise your game, mods. Everyone here regularly bleeds GU red, white and blue, and deserves better.

23dpg
Please show me where i complained on few this yr? Its ok to have constructive critiscism. I like few. What is your point? Im telling you what former players have said. Again this is ok to say.

From 3-12 SMC game
Got outcoached too

Agree. No gameplan from Few to switch defense when SMC was wasting the clock

NC game

Great coaching job tonight Few! Losing as a team goes off from 3. Im not shocked. Zach and Rui non existent.

Few should be embarrassed by his defensive game plan.

Eh. Rui has been atrocious on O and D. He is the main issue besides few not having a defensive game plan unless we have a karno

Few and defense. Gross

Pretty easy to do.
Every loss is on Seems to be on Few.
Youíre very critical of Rui.
And really like Perkins, the only guy youíve never ripped on that I could find. Friend?

Zags11
Don't be shy...name them.

Matt, casey, cory v, winston, alex h, skinner, to name some you guys will know.

Zags11
03-30-2019, 04:49 PM
From 3-12 SMC game
Got outcoached too

NC game

Great coaching job tonight Few! Losing as a team goes off from 3. Im not shocked. Zach and Rui non existent.

Eh. Rui has been atrocious on O and D. He is the main issue besides few not having a defensive game plan unless we have a karno

Few and defense. Gross

Pretty easy to do.
You’re very critical of Rui.
And really like Perkins, the only guy you’ve never ripped on that I could find. Friend?

So 6 posts in 3 years. Lmao

NEC26
03-30-2019, 04:49 PM
Rui was fantastic on Culver. He played great D.

Zags11
03-30-2019, 04:50 PM
From 3-12 SMC game
Got outcoached too

NC game

Few and defense. Gross

Pretty easy to do.
You’re very critical of Rui.
And really like Perkins, the only guy you’ve never ripped on that I could find. Friend?

Also Few has had poor defense and we have lost by opponents going off from 3. He has improved by sure on defense.

Its ok to be critical.

TexasZagFan
03-30-2019, 04:51 PM
Matt, casey, cory v, winston, alex h, skinner, to name some you guys will know.

Have they been quoted as such, or is this just barroom talk?

23dpg
03-30-2019, 04:51 PM

3 years? Seriously? It’s every loss. I only went back to the UNC game. I guarantee you that if I went back last year the same was being said by you during/after a loss. It’s in black and white. Own up to it.

Zags11
03-30-2019, 04:52 PM
3 years? Seriously? It’s every loss. I only went back to the UNC game. I guarantee you that if I went back last year the same was being said by you during/after a loss. It’s in black and white. Own up to it.

Are you fews friend? Its a board.

Alum08
03-30-2019, 04:52 PM
What I dreaded happening, happened. Zags beat themselves. All of our flaws were exposed in a single game.

Clarke's footwork
Josh's decision making
ZN's cold streak
Rui's softness with the ball
Few's reluctance to play Tillie

Perfect storm of suck tonight. At its best the team was scary good.

Zags11
03-30-2019, 04:53 PM

Oh my bad. I just read your posts and you attack the players who are 18 to 22 over a grown man. That says it all.

23dpg
03-30-2019, 04:54 PM
Are you fews friend? Its a board.

I clearly stated I’ve never met him but think he’s a great coach. Not perfect by any means. I don’t expect that from anyone. But I think I’ve proven my point.

23dpg
03-30-2019, 04:55 PM
Oh my bad. I just read your posts and you attack the players who are 18 to 22 over a grown man. That says it all.

Never attacked a player. Ever. Ever. Are you sober?

katman50
What I dreaded happening, happened. Zags beat themselves. All of our flaws were exposed in a single game.

Clarke's footwork
Josh's decision making
ZN's cold streak

Sums it up nicely. Correct on all counts.

Pleasant Peninsula

Clarke's footwork
Josh's decision making
ZN's cold streak

Right now I'm at peace with all of these things except the one in bold.

Unbiased

So, the number of posts determine you're basketball IQ?

matt trick
03-30-2019, 04:56 PM
I graduated in 2011, but it's high time I participated in this forum. At the end of the day, the depth of bball knowledge on this forum will always, always, exceed my own. That being said, while this year failed to meet my expectations, we were incredibly lucky to have this crew. Clarke, Rui, Perkins, Tille, and Zach have a spot on my team any day!

That being said, Jeremy Jones, Crandell, and Kispert are such great players, I struggle to understand how Few will find guys like those three, but, he will!

I've never been more sure this team will win a national championship, but they will! Full credit to Few, he'll get their!

Zags11
03-30-2019, 04:57 PM
Never attacked a player. Ever. Ever. Are you sober?

Our coach is anything but tight.

Our team has sloppy handles and have had soft hands.

This is just from today. Im sure if i looked i could find more.

You like the coach more then the players. I like em all the same and will do constructive critiscism on all.

Zags11
03-30-2019, 04:58 PM
So, the number of posts determine you're basketball IQ?

What are you talking about?

gueastcoast
03-30-2019, 04:59 PM
I graduated in 2011, but it's high time I participated in this forum. At the end of the day, the depth of bball knowledge on this forum will always, always, exceed my own. That being said, while this year failed to meet my expectations, we were incredibly lucky to have this crew. Clarke, Rui, Perkins, Tille, and Zach have a spot on my team any day!

Hear, hear

bballbeachbum
03-30-2019, 05:00 PM
espn lead video is the Owens block on Rui, the play of the game they are selling right now, that again, needed some help for complete execution

that is undeniable, Zag flaws and all. Zags are flawed, as are all ncaa teams! some gte help, others do not

one flaw is not being able to play effectively when being fouled, and in games like that, it's a flaw ;)

CB4
Coach Few has no impact on whether guys are making shots, Perkins getting the late game technical, the refs missing the out of bounds shot, or the ball slipping out of players hands on certain possessions. We played good D. Good enough to win. If the Zags limited some mistakes throughout the game they win. Texas Tech executed on defense and we lost.

23dpg
Our coach is anything but tight.
I never said that
Our team has sloppy handles and have had soft hands.
That is a basketball comment about today’s game. Hence the turnovers. Never called out a player
This is just from today. Im sure if i looked i could find more.

You like the coach more then the players. I like em all the same and will do constructive critiscism on all.

You are just terrible at reading comprehension.

Ladyzag12
I am proud of these guys! This was a bittersweet season! We were so close to a final four which puts your program on another level, especially when we had the talent to win a title. As I have watched GU over the years I can say I appreciate Few more and more each season. My major issues with this game were turnovers in the first half and then how we came out in the second half. We should have had a multiple possession lead going into half time and then we got shut down in the second half. We played the best defense we ever have and shut down a lottery pick. I think this really shows that we need a guard that can drive and score more than ever in this offense otherwise they have to be an elite elite shooter. I do not know why Tillie and Kispert were on the bench so much in the second half when what we needed was shooting; we had open three point attempts. TT played great D on Clarke and Rui and invited us to make three pointers. We did not and that is why we lost.

zagsfanforlife
03-30-2019, 05:01 PM
This one really hurts. Each years loss hurts. I can think of one thing right now. Will I ever see a National Championship with my dad? We always go to the final four and we are beyond die hards. Outside of family, the zags are our greatest joy in life. I need to see a championship one year with him. It will be the pinnacle of our lives and our relationship and the greatest moment we ever have had together. This team i feel was our best chance ever. Will it ever happen?

bballbeachbum
03-30-2019, 05:02 PM
needed a T in that one maybe

folks here who make fun of Izzo and orthers, I'll tell you this, they would have gone ballistic tonight, and rightly so in my book.

I'm not saying Few should have too, OK? He's got his own style which works just fine

TheZagPhish
03-30-2019, 05:02 PM
Loved this team. Great season. Ready to go on 2019-2020. Cheers!

haMarlin
03-30-2019, 05:03 PM
Stupid refs!!!! Terrible calls!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

haMarlin
03-30-2019, 05:04 PM
How is Higgins still refereeing?

Kong-Kool-Aid

Nah, just tired of these trolls who Come to the board and personally attack these players who give their blood,
Sweat and tears for this team.. or our coach whom has brought us to these lofty heights. Complaining about their level of play is one thing, personally going after them, calling them trash or “being glad they are gone” is absolutely pathetic.

However upset you are, I promise you this team is a million times more.

Just because people are “

Zags11
You are just terrible at reading comprehension.

No i believe our coach holds more value in wins and losses in college. You hot annoyed cuz i said former players said few gets tight in march.

bballbeachbum
that the Zags couldn't overcome is a bummer but I LOVE that they are on this side of the ball. Couldn't follow them if they weren't

Pleasant Peninsula
03-30-2019, 05:05 PM
Coach Few has no impact on whether guys are making shots.

So true.

He does however, have complete control as to which players are on the floor to take said shots.

Few left his biggest weapon in his holster the whole second half.

JPtheBeasta
I mean....really? Show some reserve. We played terrible Ö.today. The season was great.

Heís allowed to feel that way.

bballbeachbum
How is Higgins still refereeing?

I don't know man, but I see what you see

CB4
03-30-2019, 05:06 PM
needed a T in that one maybe

folks here who make fun of Izzo and orthers, I'll tell you this, they would have gone ballistic tonight, and rightly so in my book.

I'm not saying Few should have too, OK? He's got his own style which works just fine

I agree. Few does have his own style and he's not naturally a mean or mean-spirited person. Quite the opposite. For those traits, among others, he's one of the best in the sport. The fire that some coaches spit at refs and players, like Izzo, might have been helpful tonight.

thespywhozaggedme
Coach Few has no impact on whether guys are making shots, Perkins getting the late game technical, the refs missing the out of bounds shot, or the ball slipping out of players hands on certain possessions. We played good D. Good enough to win. If the Zags limited some mistakes throughout the game they win. Texas Tech executed on defense and we lost.

He does decide who plays though and just like the SMC game he inexplicably choose JJ over Tillie.

bballbeachbum
Rui was fantastic on Culver. He played great D.

fun matchup to watch

BayAreaZagFan
Thank you Rui. Thank you Brandon. Thank you Geno. Thank you Killian. Thank you all for ANOTHER great ride. I love the Zags and I can't think of any other way of putting it right now.

DixieZag
03-30-2019, 05:07 PM

Then why bother being a fan??

If you believe that an entire season's success can disappear in an elite 8 game to a team that SI had ranked 3rd of the 8 left, then don't bother, bc you are almost never going to be satisfied.

I'm disappointed they lost, too.

But you can only miss so many shots without expecting your team to lose.

Goshzagit
03-30-2019, 05:07 PM
Loved this team. Great season. Ready to go on 2019-2020. Cheers!

Our starting 5 will be 3 freshman, an inconsistent defender at Wing, & chucker mcgee in big games, won't name names.

A tourney birth will be a huge accomplishment for this group.

Pleasant Peninsula
03-30-2019, 05:08 PM
Nah, just tired of these trolls who Come to the board and personally attack these players who give their blood,
Sweat and tears for this team.. or our coach whom has brought us to these lofty heights. Complaining about their level of play is one thing, personally going after them, calling them trash or ďbeing glad they are goneĒ is absolutely pathetic.

However upset you are, I promise you this team is a million times more.

Just because people are ď

You are tired of trolls so you decide to be an ######e? That doesn't make sense. Nobody is arguing with the blood/sweat/tears. We all love this team. This is the vent thread. Stop being a jerk.

caduceus
03-30-2019, 05:08 PM
https://i.imgur.com/POiFzT7.gif

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 05:09 PM
Anyone else concerned about the potential residual effects of this loss? Suggs, our highest rated recruit ever is from Minneapolis and there was chatter that he would commit to us around Final Four time, but now that we won't be there....

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-30-2019, 05:10 PM
You are tired of trolls so you decide to be an ######e? That doesn't make sense. Nobody is arguing with the blood/sweat/tears. We all love this team. This is the vent thread. Stop being a jerk.

Loads of guys are getting personal with our players. I think it’s pathetic.

I also think you are a moron.

bballbeachbum
03-30-2019, 05:10 PM
The reffing in this game was atrocious. Look at the first 5 minutes. We drew several fouls in that time, and then the refs just completely swallowed their whistles after that. Pushing, arm slapping, blocking fouls, all uncalled throughout the second half. Clear goal tending goals where the ball was picked clean off the rim. No call. Obvious out of bounds after the block in a critical moment. No call. The refs let Texas Tech set the tone and get away with little stuff all game long. I will say that we needed to be a lot stronger with the ball and we made a lot of mistakes in the face of this physical play, but ultimately I just wish we got a better whistle.

Yes....

HillZag
03-30-2019, 05:11 PM
Most disappointing season ever. So much talent wasted. I mentioned this in the game thread but it bears repeating here; this team is so much more talented than our teams from the late 90s and early 2000ís but those teams had much more basketball IQ. It really is a shame. Plus, why did Tillie barely play in the second half? Itís just like St. Maryís over again.

What about 2013? What about 2005 with Turiaf and Morrison?

Elite Eight can't be the most disappointing ever, IMO.

zagsfanforlife
Anyone else concerned about the potential residual effects of this loss? Suggs, our highest rated recruit ever is from Minneapolis and there was chatter that he would commit to us around Final Four time, but now that we won't be there....

Dont think it eliminates our chances but certainly doesnt help

JPtheBeasta
There was one weakness on this team. Ball handling, our guards had such loose handles.
Whenever we play these tough teams who pressure our guards we get punished rather than punishing them.
We need an elite guard here to win the whole enchilada.

Perkins has a good handle but is slow compared to elite defenders. He also got picked on off the bounce on the defensive end. He came up big with some great plays, but then made the ultimate bone-headed one... He loves the game, the school, and the team but he just came up a bit short today.

We should have been up by ten in this game but made too many turnovers. I also never expected this team to give up more than 60 points to Texas Tech.

Pleasant Peninsula
Loads of guys are getting personal with our players. I think it’s pathetic.

I also think you are a moron.

:ban:

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 05:12 PM
Then why bother being a fan??

If you believe that an entire season's success can disappear in an elite 8 game to a team that SI had ranked 3rd of the 8 left, then don't bother, bc you are almost never going to be satisfied.

I'm disappointed they lost, too.

But you can only miss so many shots without expecting your team to lose.

I already said why; because the team underachieved. If we had lost in the ff, or the championship game, I wouldn't feel this way. P.S. I've posted to you almost a dozen times times, "no "e" but I don't think you knew what I meant; Zach does not have an "e" on the end of his last name.

CB4
He does decide who plays though and just like the SMC game he inexplicably choose JJ over Tillie.

I thought Jones had a solid impact tonight. We could have used Tillie's shooting. My view is Few sees Tillie practice and play more than anyone else. It's easy for us to say Tillie should play more because he's good in limited minutes. I don't know what the reasoning for his limited minutes is but I suspect it's something other than coach Few making a repeated error. I also suspect that Few listens to his other coaches who would be kicking and screaming and otherwise give him the full range of perspectives such that they'd get Tillie in the game if Few didn't have a good reason to keep Tillie on the bench.

MJ777
Our starting 5 will be 3 freshman, an inconsistent defender at Wing, & chucker mcgee in big games, won't name names.

Funny how you worded that, but true.

TexasZagFan

You have an unhealthy way of showing your love for the Zags. At least that's my opinion.

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-30-2019, 05:13 PM

Only if you take one too

HillZag
03-30-2019, 05:13 PM
You're right. Going after our guys is lame. And that's not the kind of thing that has made great players want to come to a tiny school in Eastern Washington.

GU alum and fans are usually amazing to our players, both the all-time greats and the short time Zags that play little. It's one of the amazing characteristics of the GU fanbase.

Goshzagit
03-30-2019, 05:14 PM

I live in Minneapolis. There are talks about this kid wanting to play BOTH football and basketball in college. He is looking into schools offering both.

This was told to me at a recent HS bball tourney with him playing.

No one said he wouldn't be a Zag but that he really loves football as well, and is considering it in college

thespywhozaggedme

I think there's a real chance that our tourney streak ends. But being the weirdo that I am I love the unknown of next season.

HillZag
They'll be a tournament team. Few has done more with less that that.

RenoZag
03-30-2019, 05:15 PM
Thank you Rui. Thank you Brandon. Thank you Geno. Thank you Killian. Thank you all for ANOTHER great ride. I love the Zags and I can't think of any other way of putting it right now.

This.

Pleasant Peninsula
You have an unhealthy way of showing your love for the Zags. At least that's my opinion.

Why are you attacking me?

thespywhozaggedme
I live in Minneapolis. There are talks about this kid wanting to play BOTH football and basketball in college. He is looking into schools offering both.

This was told to me at a recent HS bball tourney with him playing.

No one said he wouldn't be a Zag but that he really loves football as well, and is considering it in college

Hmm...interesting. That's not what was posted in the Whelping Box.

MJ777
03-30-2019, 05:16 PM
I thought Jones had a solid impact tonight. We could have used Tillie's shooting. My view is Few sees Tillie practice and play more than anyone else. It's easy for us to say Tillie should play more because he's good in limited minutes. I don't know what the reasoning for his limited minutes is but I suspect it's something other than coach Few making a repeated error. I also suspect that Few listens to his other coaches who would be kicking and screaming and otherwise give him the full range of perspectives such that they'd get Tillie in the game if Few didn't have a good reason to keep Tillie on the bench.

Maybe like Austin Powers, Tillie was spent.

bballbeachbum
Perkins has a good handle but is slow compared to elite defenders. He also got picked on off the bounce on the defensive end. He came up big with some great plays, but then made the ultimate bone-headed one... He loves the game, the school, and the team but he just came up a bit short today.

We should have been up by ten in this game but made too many turnovers. I also never expected this team to give up more than 60 points to Texas Tech.

only 2 turnovers for Josh

BC with 6...no mention here on this thread, just Josh not good enough lol. I love BC, but he was the turnover machine, not Josh. Rui and Zach also 3 each.

But how many on hacks, I'm serious, how many? hard to keep attacking the rim when you get jhammered with no call, repeatedly, like over and over again

love all the Josh banging here lol

thespywhozaggedme
What about 2013? What about 2005 with Turiaf and Morrison?

Elite Eight can't be the most disappointing ever, IMO.

Fair enough. 2005 is right there with this year.

RenoZag
I think there's a real chance that our tourney streak ends. But being the weirdo that I am I love the unknown of next season.

They will be YOUNG. . .it will be fun following a new crop of Zags.

Of course, I have fun following 'em every year. Most here do.

Zags11
03-30-2019, 05:17 PM

BC with 6...no mention here on this thread, just Josh not good enough lol. I love BC, but he was the turnover machine, not Josh. Rui and Zach also 3 each.

But how many on hacks, I'm serious, how many? hard to keep attacking the rim when you get jhammered with no call, repeatedly, like over and over again

Ppl love to bag Josh. Idk why. The hair? The tats? Idk.

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 05:17 PM
They'll be a tournament team. Few has done more with less that that.

Well, we have no idea who will be on the team next season with the exception of the incoming freshmen.

Marconi
03-30-2019, 05:18 PM
The team was tight and acted nervouse all night long but especially when they came out after the half. I don't know what Few told them at half time but it must of been something like: just be careful you don't screw up.
Instead of saying: These guys are rated as the #1 defense in the nation but they haven't seen a team like you. When you play as a team, there is nobody who can stop you. Now go out and put some fear into these guys and show them Gonzaga basketball!

Zags11
03-30-2019, 05:19 PM
The team was tight and acted nervouse all night long but especially when they came out after the half. I don't know what Few told them at half time but it must of been something like: just be careful you don't screw up.
Instead of saying: These guys are rated as the #1 defense in the nation but they haven't seen a team like you. When you play as a team, there is nobody who can stop you. Now go out and put some fear into these guys and show them Gonzaga basketball!

Whoa! Be careful. You cant say this on here.

SorenTodd45
03-30-2019, 05:20 PM
The turnovers killed us. We should have had a decent lead at halftime, maybe 6 or 7. Once we lost the lead, I knew our goose was cooked.

uZiGiZaG
03-30-2019, 05:21 PM

Clarke's footwork
Josh's decision making
ZN's cold streak

This. I mean thatís all there is to it.. Rui and his soft ass hands man

DixieZag
03-30-2019, 05:21 PM
This was our most talented team ever. We underachieved.

No, it isn't. NO, they didn't. And I believe they lost to one of the top 3 teams in the country. And they lost bc that top team had a top shooting night, even by its standards. We didn't.

This team getting to the final 8 is achieving right what it should've. It's a top 8 team. We lost to a top 4 team playing well. We happened to hit them in the Elite 8, they won.

But it was not our most talented team ever, at least not at the end of the year. It might have had the most "NBA potential" but it's not the most talented team.

HillZag
03-30-2019, 05:23 PM
Good call. Not making a Final 4 means it was a disappointing season? That is flat out ridiculous. Embarrassing statement, even in the throes of despair right after a loss.

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 05:23 PM
No, it isn't. NO, they didn't. And I believe they lost to one of the top 3 teams in the country. And they lost bc that top team had a top shooting night, even by its standards. We didn't.

This team getting to the final 8 is achieving right what it should've. It's a top 8 team. We lost to a top 4 team playing well. We happened to hit them in the Elite 8, they won.

But it was not our most talented team ever, at least not at the end of the year. It might have had the most "NBA potential" but it's not the most talented team.

That is factually incorrect. We were a 1 seed, losing in the EE was playing below our seed. This was far and away our most talented team.

NotoriousZ
03-30-2019, 05:24 PM
Stupid refs!!!! Terrible NON calls!!!!

Fixed. The refs should be ashamed.

uZiGiZaG
03-30-2019, 05:24 PM

It most certainly was. No debate tbh. Last real opportunity to win it all for Few IMO

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 05:25 PM
Good call. Not making a Final 4 means it was a disappointing season? That is flat out ridiculous. Embarrassing statement, even in the throes of despair right after a loss.

"Ridiculous"? We have different definitions for that word. We were a 1 seed, this was our most talented team ever, losing to TT in the E8 means that this team underachieved. It is what it is. And that's ok.

DixieZag

No

NEC26
It most certainly was. No debate tbh. Last real opportunity to win it all for Few IMO

How in the world could you possibly know that?

Section 116
03-30-2019, 05:26 PM
Brandon Clarke said in the post game press conference he had never before had that many TO's in a game. I think some credit is due to TTU's defense here.

DixieZag
03-30-2019, 05:26 PM

Well, good. Then there's no real point in continuing to follow them, is there?

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 05:27 PM
No

Good, glad to hear it. And you're now going to spell our sg's last name correctly from now on, right? ;)

JPtheBeasta
03-30-2019, 05:28 PM

I wasn’t up close to see it, obviously, but how many teams can swipe down on the ball and not get called for a foul? You just never see it happen like it went tonight. Usually in physical games at this stage you reward good body positioning and movement of the feet, and call the arm stuff. Not this one.

zagsfanforlife
Did Clarke or Rui or Tillie get asked about next year at all? I know Rui has been on this 3 year plan thingy, but has Brandon ever said he was gone for sure?

Goshzagit
Hmm...interesting. That's not what was posted in the Whelping Box.

The football basketball pipedream so many dual recruits have is usually just that. Everyone thinks they will be the first dual sport phenom but it rarely if ever works out.
. Players have done it but neither at a high level and lasts only 1 season. Or else they are decent at both but not great at either.

I suspect it's a phase Suggs is going through.

He will need to choose. I worry about his love of football and clouding his potential in bball....also, siding with a school that features both sports.

DixieZag
That is factually incorrect. We were a 1 seed, losing in the EE was playing below our seed. This was far and away our most talented team.

No, it wasn't.

Far and away "most talented teams" have far and away "most talented backcourts" and we had Josh, a great but limited PG, and two guys that didn't have that good a tournament.

It was not far and away our most talented team, and for a guy that loves to get in people's faces for "Having a different opinion" you sure hate it when people point out "different opinions" to you.

bballbeachbum
Brandon Clarke said in the post game press conference he had never before had that many TO's in a game. I think some credit is due to TTU's defense here.

some for sure. but even on the signature block by Owens on Rui, the true colors could not help but show. TT's espn leading highlight play needed the refs for full execution

that was not a lone incident tonight

zagfan1
03-30-2019, 05:30 PM
Tillie didnít have a good game so I would say that is the reason why he was on the bench.

Section 116
03-30-2019, 05:31 PM
My lucky chair is 13-4 this season. I think I'll get rid of it!!!!

White lightning

That being said, Jeremy Jones, Crandell, and Kispert are such great players, I struggle to understand how Few will find guys like those three, but, he will!

I've never been more sure this team will win a national championship, but they will! Full credit to Few, he'll get their!X1000%

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

HillZag
By your logic, a seasons success or failure is a mathematical calculation. You get an 8 seed and lose in Round 1, the entire 5 month season is a disappointment. Yes thespywhozaggedme, that is an utterly ridiculous season gauging metric.

pcm541
03-30-2019, 05:32 PM
What will the starting lineup be next season?

Is there any chance Clarke or Tillie stay?

bballbeachbum
03-30-2019, 05:33 PM
I wasn’t up close to see it, obviously, but how many teams can swipe down on the ball and not get called for a foul? You just never see it happen like it went tonight. Usually in physical games at this stage you reward good body positioning and movement of the feet, and call the arm stuff. Not this one.

right with you man. I have coached, I don't know how many kids, to play basketball. One of the first things is not to swipe down becasue even if it's not a foul, you give the ref the chance to blow the whistle with the motion. And they do. Not tonight. TT had four early fouls, then only 10 the rest of the night swiping down on basically every Zag drive or shot inside

Stache
03-30-2019, 05:33 PM
Great season. At times, just beautiful basketball. The guys do so many things great. Gets me through the long winter. I would, howeve, love a PG like NWG. He hit the runner, made points consistently in the key and was steady under pressure. I think PG sets a tone and a mentality. Looking forward to 2019-2020. As for Spy - relax. If GU basketball is actually this important, seek help.

SwainZag
03-30-2019, 05:39 PM
Damn that was a tough one. Everytime we would start to pull away, there were mistakes. What caused the refs to swallow the whistle after setting the tone in the 1st couple minutes? There were 3 fouls called on TT after the 11 minute mark in the 2nd half. With how physical they played that's so unacceptable. Yes, I do think this changed the game but really when it came down to it, they made the big shots. Things went in drastically different directions after Perkins hit the 3 to tie the game at 58 with 5 minutes to go.

Mooney layup
Zach missed 3
Clarke TO
Moretti 3 as shot clock expired (dagger)
Rui blocked 3
TT Shot clock violation
Zach missed 3
Clarke 2 FT
Moretti again huge 3 with shot clock winding down
Clarke 2 point shot
Culver fall....foul on Rui, 2 FT
Rui missed 3
and you know the end

It reminded me of the Wichita State game. They made the shots they needed to make. Moretti misses one of those 3's and Zach or Rui makes one and we have a whole different ball game. A lot of you want to place the blame on Few, is it just to find a scapegoat? Many things went into this loss. Open looks didn't fall. They made shots. Refs played a part.

There's a lot of questions about Tillie not being in there. What happened to Tillie's aggressiveness? He use to fly in for rebounds, swat shots, take those catch and shoot looks. He went 1-3, recorded no other stats besides 2 fouls and stood around most of the time on offense. JJ isn't the caliber of player that KT is, but at least he flys around the court.

Sigh. Tough way to end a very promising season. It really makes you take a step back when a loss in the Elite 8 can cause so much uproar.

Goshzagit
03-30-2019, 05:40 PM
Did Clarke or Rui or Tillie get asked about next year at all? I know Rui has been on this 3 year plan thingy, but has Brandon ever said he was gone for sure?

Brandon has said at least 3 or 4 different times about moving on and appreciating what he had at Gonzaga, the team, players, etc. This rhetoric started about 2 months ago. "He will always be grateful, it was fun, learned so much, will remember rest of his playing days, etc"

Tillie could return though.

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 05:41 PM
No, it wasn't.

Far and away "most talented teams" have far and away "most talented backcourts" and we had Josh, a great but limited PG, and two guys that didn't have that good a tournament.

It was not far and away our most talented team, and for a guy that loves to get in people's faces for "Having a different opinion" you sure hate it when people point out "different opinions" to you.

This current team has five players on it That will spend time on an NBA roster.

RenoZag
03-30-2019, 05:43 PM
Damn that was a tough one. Everytime we would start to pull away, there were mistakes. What caused the refs to swallow the whistle after setting the tone in the 1st couple minutes? There were 3 fouls called on TT after the 11 minute mark in the 2nd half. With how physical they played that's so unacceptable. Yes, I do think this changed the game but really when it came down to it, they made the big shots. Things went in drastically different directions after Perkins hit the 3 to tie the game at 58 with 5 minutes to go.

Mooney layup
Zach missed 3
Clarke TO
Moretti 3 as shot clock expired (dagger)
Rui blocked 3
TT Shot clock violation
Zach missed 3
Clarke 2 FT
Moretti again huge 3 with shot clock winding down
Clarke 2 point shot
Culver fall....foul on Rui, 2 FT
Rui missed 3
and you know the end

It reminded me of the Wichita State game. They made the shots they needed to make. Moretti misses one of those 3's and Zach or Rui makes one and we have a whole different ball game. A lot of you want to place the blame on Few, is it just to find a scapegoat? Many things went into this loss. Open looks didn't fall. They made shots. Refs played a part.

There's a lot of questions about Tillie not being in there. What happened to Tillie's aggressiveness? He use to fly in for rebounds, swat shots, take those catch and shoot looks. He went 1-3, recorded no other stats besides 2 fouls and stood around most of the time on offense. JJ isn't the caliber of player that KT is, but at least he flys around the court.

Sigh. Tough way to end a very promising season. It really makes you take a step back when a loss in the Elite 8 can cause so much uproar.

Watching Norvell, Jr., can be as stomach-acid inducing as it used to be watching Jeremy Pargo. Peaks and Valleys. Hopefully for Snacks, the best is yet to come. Hope he stays another year

EEzag
03-30-2019, 05:43 PM
Wow explosive thread. Deflating game for sure. I will say time heals all wounds (except against UCLA) and really I felt worse after Wichita State.

We lost because of turnovers. No other stat bears a more direct outcome. Blame whoever you want, refs, Few, whatever. I didnít remember Few short arming a pass or making crappy passes all game. They punched us in the mouth and we wobbled.

We need an alpha-dog like ammo or NWG. There just wasnít one of n this team.

Thanks for the season Zags! Canít wait to see what you do next year!

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 05:44 PM
By your logic, a seasons success or failure is a mathematical calculation. You get an 8 seed and lose in Round 1, the entire 5 month season is a disappointment. Yes thespywhozaggedme, that is an utterly ridiculous season gauging metric.

You completely left out the “most talented team ever” part. Was that intentional or an oversight?

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 05:45 PM
What will the starting lineup be next season?

Is there any chance Clarke or Tillie stay?

I would venture a guess that one, two or even three starters on next years team are not even on the current one.

Pleasant Peninsula
Why didn't Tillie play?

TexasZagFan
Wow explosive thread. Deflating game for sure. I will say time heals all wounds (except against UCLA) and really I felt worse after Wichita State.

We lost because of turnovers. No other stat bears a more direct outcome. Blame whoever you want, refs, Few, whatever. I didn’t remember Few short arming a pass or making crappy passes all game. They punched us in the mouth and we wobbled.

We need an alpha-dog like ammo or NWG. There just wasn’t one of n this team.

Thanks for the season Zags! Can’t wait to see what you do next year!

Well said...as for me, I'm outta here. Plus, the ending is coming up in the movie Paparazzi...lol.

thespywhozaggedme
Great season. At times, just beautiful basketball. The guys do so many things great. Gets me through the long winter. I would, howeve, love a PG like NWG. He hit the runner, made points consistently in the key and was steady under pressure. I think PG sets a tone and a mentality. Looking forward to 2019-2020. As for Spy - relax. If GU basketball is actually this important, seek help.

Perhaps you missed the title of this thread?

MJ777
03-30-2019, 05:46 PM
Add TTU to a small list of teams Zags have lost to twice in the tourney. Syracuse and UNC. Ugh

bballbeachbum
03-30-2019, 05:48 PM
BC was the alpha dog

btw, on a night when the Zags shot poorly from 3, Josh went 4-9 from deep or it would have been much worse

Goshzagit
03-30-2019, 05:48 PM
Watching Norvell, Jr., can be as stomach-acid inducing as it used to be watching Jeremy Pargo. Peaks and Valleys. Hopefully for Snacks, the best is yet to come. Hope he stays another year

Norvell will return. He has nowhere to go.

In big games, he shoots 20%. Not gonna cut it. Gotta get the knee fully healthy too.

Goshzagit
03-30-2019, 05:53 PM
BC was the alpha dog

btw, on a night when the Zags shot poorly from 3, Josh went 4-9 from deep or it would have been much worse

Never felt like this team had a leader. I'm talking an alpha. A guy to say I'm taking over and get in line...clarke was close yet only 1 year in. Perkins has never been that guy. Norvell tried to be but just not that good vs good. A bunch of talented betas

bballbeachbum
03-30-2019, 05:56 PM
Never felt like this team had a leader. I'm talking an alpha. A guy to say I'm taking over and get in line...clarke was close yet only 1 year in. Perkins has never been that guy. Norvell tried to be but just not that good vs good. A bunch of talented betas

so we'll disagree

Alum08
03-30-2019, 05:58 PM
BC was the alpha dog

btw, on a night when the Zags shot poorly from 3, Josh went 4-9 from deep or it would have been much worseBingo. Unfortunately BC can't create his own looks like ammo and nwg. We should have been going high-low the entire game to get him looks, but instead we fed Rui iso for 40 minutes and he simply couldn't hold onto the ball.

zagsfanforlife
03-30-2019, 06:04 PM
Brandon has said at least 3 or 4 different times about moving on and appreciating what he had at Gonzaga, the team, players, etc. This rhetoric started about 2 months ago. "He will always be grateful, it was fun, learned so much, will remember rest of his playing days, etc"

Tillie could return though.

sad sad sad face

MJ777
03-30-2019, 06:05 PM
Is everyone too salty to start a Congrations TTU thread? I’m not starting one but am curious.

Goshzagit
03-30-2019, 06:07 PM
Jones played more mins than Tillie.

That is interesting.

To say the least.

jayray
03-30-2019, 06:09 PM
I just wish Rui would have played like a man instead of a boy. That and get Clarke the ball down load. Weíll get Ďem next year.

Goshzagit
03-30-2019, 06:10 PM
Everytime we got up by 4 or 5...we either gave up a silly TO, or they hit a 3.

Every time. Usually was a forced shot by Rui or dumb shot attempt

Man, I must say it. Rui is a terrific talent but that kid isn't ready for NBA. Anyone see him in press conference? Still so shy, reserved.

Physicality, multiple blocked shots, soft hands, soft offense...

Obviously he is going pro but he is a ways away imo

Zaglaw
03-30-2019, 06:12 PM

Well said. Completely agree.

MJ777
03-30-2019, 06:13 PM
UVA and Purdue hitting shots against tough Ds.....hmmmm

bballbeachbum
03-30-2019, 06:15 PM
Bingo. Unfortunately BC can't create his own looks like ammo and nwg. We should have been going high-low the entire game to get him looks, but instead we fed Rui iso for 40 minutes and he simply couldn't hold onto the ball.

good call, but also when BC did have it he had 6 to's, however they occurred

Goshzagit
03-30-2019, 06:15 PM
UVA and Purdue hitting shots against tough Ds.....hmmmm

The Moretti kid who killed us. Many said he was going to be the X Factor is a 46% 3pt shooter.

We need more of that. We have a bunch of 36% shooters thos year.

Our best 3pt shooter took 2 shots and played 10 mins. Tillie. His shot is unblockable too.

White lightning
03-30-2019, 06:17 PM
I just wish Rui would have played like a man instead of a boy. That and get Clarke the ball down load. Weíll get Ďem next year.Whatever!! 22 pnts 6 rebounds. For every questionable play he also had a great play. He has grown so much this season.

MJ777
03-30-2019, 06:18 PM
The Moretti kid who killed us. Many said he was going to be the X Factor is a 46% 3pt shooter.

We need more of that. We have a bunch of 36% shooters thos year.

Our best 3pt shooter took 2 shots and played 10 mins. Tillie

Beard said coming out of the half that he gave his guys the green light.

Goshzagit
03-30-2019, 06:22 PM
Beard said coming out of the half that he gave his guys the green light.

Tillie should take 8 3's a game. I thought he was going to factor huge vs this type of defense and team. Be a big part of the gameplan.

10 mins. What a joke.

His passing alone is worth it. He didn't play stellar but didn't even get to warm up.

Tillie played 20 mins vs Baylor and FSU. What happened?

Coach Few said himself in a recent interview is his biggest regret is not playing certain players more in certain games. He said that 2 days ago when asked about early 2000 games. Well, this must rank up there.

MDABE80
03-30-2019, 06:27 PM
Not deserving of membership. Out!!

MJ777
03-30-2019, 06:28 PM
Tillie should take 8 3's a game. I thought he was going to factor huge vs this type of defense and team. Be a big part of the gameplan.

10 mins. What a joke.

His passing alone is worth it. He didn't play stellar but didn't even get to warm up.

Coach Few said himself in a recent interview is his biggest regret is not playing certain players more in certain games. He said that 2 days ago when asked about early 2000 games. Well, this must rank up there.

I wonder if Tillie was having a physical problem. If not then having him on the bench was a Huge mistake. Did he shoot 2 Threes in the game?

jazzdelmar
03-30-2019, 06:29 PM
Better team won. Beat primarily by two unathletic, average size guards. Tough.

gueastcoast
03-30-2019, 06:30 PM
Not deserving of membership. Out!!

Mods are sleepwalking. Really, guys -- we're all in mourning, I get it -- but seriously. Really?

MDABE80
03-30-2019, 06:33 PM
Superior season. Just a very bad last game. I’ll remember the good parts. Goodbye to Josh. Great kid who developed. Hope we see Tillie next year. Congratulations to the staff! Exciting year coming up.

SwainZag
03-30-2019, 06:34 PM

10 mins. What a joke.

When Tillie was on the floor today, he didn't look into the game. How does he play for 11 minutes and get boards, assists, steals and only toss up 3 shots? He camps on offense, which is a killer against a swarming defense like TT. I am a huge Tillie fan, but he just seems to get lost so much. When he is playing well, he seems to be everywhere, when he's not, he get's lost. I thought Jerermy did a fantastic job outside of the TO after he made the steal and the miss on the wide open 3. He played great defense when it was needed. Just how I saw it from my couch.

Alum08
03-30-2019, 06:34 PM
Whatever!! 22 pnts 6 rebounds. For every questionable play he also had a great play. He has grown so much this season.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TapatalkYou can't just focus on the numbers. We fed Rui the entire game, moreso than any other player I can remember in program history. He should've had 40 points based on our gameplan, I'm not even joking. Even his FGA numbers are deflated due to the number of times he lost the ball or was fouled without a single and-1.

MJ777
03-30-2019, 06:35 PM
OT: Dang Carson Edwards has hit 9 3s against UVA. Great game.

jazzdelmar
03-30-2019, 06:35 PM
Dick Bennett should not wear white polos.

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 06:40 PM
Dick Bennett should not wear white polos.

This made me LOL. Depends leakage showing?

jazzdelmar
03-30-2019, 06:43 PM
This made me LOL. Depends leakage showing?

Plenty showing. Nuff said.

Goshzagit
03-30-2019, 06:45 PM
OT: Dang Carson Edwards has hit 9 3s against UVA. Great game.

He hit 9 vs Nova and 5 vs Tenn.

Ravet is a great comparison to him.

Again, we need better 3pt shooters... or more clutch ones.

jazzdelmar
03-30-2019, 06:50 PM

Both, the shorter and more unathletic the better.

MJ777
03-30-2019, 06:51 PM

He has 10 now but UVA ties it at the buzzer. OT

White lightning
03-30-2019, 06:52 PM
You can't just focus on the numbers. We fed Rui the entire game, moreso than any other player I can remember in program history. He should've had 40 points based on our gameplan, I'm not even joking. Even his FGA numbers are deflated due to the number of times he lost the ball or was fouled without a single and-1.I guess you are right!!! Your a Guinness he played like a boy. What an underachiever he is. Man you should be out scouting talent and find a replacement for next season. There's a lot of players putting up 20+ a game. We lost. Don't start blaming players who put it on the floor.

tummydoc
03-30-2019, 06:55 PM
I disagree. I think the whole year is a failure because of this game.Time to find a new team spy

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 06:56 PM
Time to find a new team spy

Don’t be one of those posters. You’re better than that.

White lightning
03-30-2019, 07:00 PM
Donít be one of those posters. Youíre better than that.Maybe we all should put that on the wall and read it before hitting the send button!!!

Alum08
03-30-2019, 07:04 PM
I guess you are right!!! Your a Guinness he played like a boy. What an underachiever he is. Man you should be out scouting talent and find a replacement for next season. There's a lot of players putting up 20+ a game. We lost. Don't start blaming players who put it on the floor.

Sent from my SM-G960U using TapatalkNever said any of that. I love Rui. His game reminds me of a blooming lotus flower, graceful and beautiful. But he played poorly tonight despite scoring 20+. That's tough love, but it's true. In fact, I don't really blame him much at all, a bigger problem was the gameplan that kept force feeding him the ball despite his inability to handle the contact that TT was dishing out. We should've let Rui work the mid-range (we did for the first 5 minutes) and go high-low with Clarke down low. Instead, we fed Rui in the post and forced Clarke to create from the mid-range. A very poorly executed role reversal.

Goshzagit
03-30-2019, 07:14 PM
The amount of easy layups given up was sickening.

Do we have any idea how to play vs a methodical team?

Also, so many guys seemed to go against the gameplan. It was clear Norvell, Rui, even Kispert and Josh defensively went against the scouting report.

They have so much to proud of but tonight isn't one of them.

Really poor game overall. We handed Tech the Final 4, but give credit to them for taking it on silver platter

jazzdelmar
03-30-2019, 07:15 PM
Face it, no way we’d beat Zion a 2d time anyway.

Alum08
03-30-2019, 07:19 PM
Face it, no way weíd beat Zion a 2d time anyway.That Duke team is very, very beatable on some nights even if Zion is playing like Zion (which I'm not convinced that he would vs Clarke as already evidenced). If Duke plays well we would never beat them, yes, but they very often do not play well for long stretches.

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 07:27 PM
Face it, no way we’d beat Zion and the refs a 2d time anyway.

Fixed it for accuracy

FuManShoes
03-30-2019, 07:36 PM
Pissed Tillie didn’t play down the stretch. Don’t get it.

White lightning
03-30-2019, 07:37 PM
Never said any of that. I love Rui. His game reminds me of a blooming lotus flower, graceful and beautiful. But he played poorly tonight despite scoring 20+. That's tough love, but it's true. In fact, I don't really blame him much at all, a bigger problem was the gameplan that kept force feeding him the ball despite his inability to handle the contact that TT was dishing out. We should've let Rui work the mid-range (we did for the first 5 minutes) and go high-low with Clarke down low. Instead, we fed Rui in the post and forced Clarke to create from the mid-range. A very poorly executed role reversal.I'm sorry I got crossed up with you quoting me in a response to a response of Rui playing like a boy tonight. Scoring 20 + against a #1 ranked defensive team is not an easy task. I'm sure he would love to have a few of those chances back. He and others were rushing when scoring opportunitys came and it affected them. Great season . Go zags

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

thespywhozaggedme
03-30-2019, 07:38 PM
Pissed Tillie didn’t play down the stretch. Don’t get it.

I literally posted that 10 times in the last 10 minutes of the game thread. I really hope someone asks Few about it.

zagfan1
03-30-2019, 07:39 PM
I don’t think we would lose against Duke. We usually lose to scrappy teams that are physical Or teams that light it up with threes.

jazzdelmar
03-30-2019, 07:42 PM
Tils got Macllelanded.

NEC26
03-30-2019, 07:42 PM
I agree, we would have beaten Duke. MSU would have been tough for us though.

Zagger14
03-30-2019, 07:45 PM
I agree, we would have beaten Duke. MSU would have been tough for us though.

We beat Duke and Kentucky. MSU be a tossup but we beat them IMO.. Virginia and Auburn be losses way they play D and shoot.

sylean
03-30-2019, 07:47 PM
quite ironic that they called that tech on Josh, because you know the refs are really into rules, but let a free flying elbow into Rui's face the other day go uncalled/......I don't think refs like the Zags at all......

doctorzag
03-30-2019, 08:03 PM
Mods are sleepwalking. Really, guys -- we're all in mourning, I get it -- but seriously. Really?

Why are you even on this thread?? Should we just ban anyone you disagree with?

caduceus
03-30-2019, 11:03 PM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/11569228/this-thread-gave-me-cancer.jpg

Zagceo
03-31-2019, 04:00 AM
25 field goals a piece....

TT +2 threes(6)....+4 free throws

zags lose by 6

what am I missing?

Zagceo
03-31-2019, 04:12 AM
So no mention during telecast of why Tillie was on the bench most of the second half?

No questions in post game presser I saw.

what are some guesses?

gueastcoast
03-31-2019, 04:18 AM
Why are you even on this thread?? Should we just ban anyone you disagree with?

Trolls be trolling. Perhaps a little close to home, eh doc?

kyle dixon
03-31-2019, 04:51 AM
https://memegenerator.net/img/instances/11569228/this-thread-gave-me-cancer.jpg

Come on bud. Letís be better than this. It is just a game and some of us have had a child or family member with cancer.

Birddog
03-31-2019, 06:30 AM
25 field goals a piece....

TT +2 threes(6)....+4 free throws

zags lose by 6

what am I missing?

Unforced turnovers, there must have been at least 4 times Zags turned it over by simply throwing it away or stumbling to the hoop.

Goshzagit
03-31-2019, 07:02 AM
Coach Few doesn't call enough timeouts, imho.

Clearly, it was Tech's gameplan to launch 3's from the 2 min mark in, we made zero adjustment to collect the guys and remind them of the defensive gameplan. We were chasing.

On offense, we passed the ball to Rui and watched him get 2 shots blocked, and a couple 3pt attempts with 90 seconds to go. That too, could not have been the game plan. No timeouts.

The moment we did have a timeout, we got the shot we wanted and hit it, finally.

Same thing vs Tennessess, UNC long runs, and most definitely in Las Vegas. We aren't calling enough timeouts when the offensive or defensive gameplan goes wayward.

Sometimes a key timeout can swing momentum. Mean everything at criticism moments, or turning points in the game.

I felt all season Coach didn't call enough of them at the right times. I realize he trusted the guys yet we needed a couple called in the last 2 mins of the game. It didn't happen. On our terms.

As a result, our offense and defense went against the grain and was a haphazard mess. Giving up shots we should not, and taking shots we should not.

As several of us posted pre game....Culver will get his, just stop Morretti and Mooney from hitting their 3pt shots. It's how Tech has buried people all season. Those last couple possessions we had all 3 guards shading/watching Culver, running around wild, while Morretti calmly stepped up and in to easy 3pt swishes.

We needed to settle the team down and remind them what to look for. We had zero gameplan or execution down the stretch.

For me, that was on Coach in the last 2-3 mins of the bball game.