PDA

View Full Version : Elite Eight 2019

Akzag
03-29-2019, 08:44 PM
Who advances? Multiple choices enabled.

Provided for you are all eight participants in the Elite Eight with their region, seed, and (opponent) in their Saturday / Sunday matchups.

Pick the winners of each matchup.

gonzagafan62
03-29-2019, 08:46 PM
I’ll take

Duke
Gonzaga
Virginia
Kentucky

gonzagafan62
03-29-2019, 08:52 PM
More cowbell please

caduceus
03-29-2019, 09:24 PM
https://i.imgur.com/2Pmenlu.gif

Thanks AK!

kdaleb
03-29-2019, 09:27 PM
As long as the first game tomorrow has the good guys winning, then I don’t care - come what may, let’s get Zaggy with it in Minnesota

Zagger
03-30-2019, 04:03 AM
I’m keen on ....

Zags
Michigan State
Virginia
Kentucky

Right now in my bracket I have 6 of the Elite 8. The 2 I got wrong we’re Tennessee and Udub (hoping for 2 WA schools in the Elite 8). I have us beating State and beating Tennessee in the NC. I had not paid any attention to nor looked up zip about Purdue and I’m always a sucker for WA schools to do well - especially when UW gave us a pretty good game in December.

jazzdelmar
03-30-2019, 05:00 AM
I’ll take

Duke
Gonzaga
Virginia
Kentucky

Me, too....

gueastcoast
03-30-2019, 07:02 AM
I’ll take

Duke
Gonzaga
Virginia
Kentucky

yep

Mr Vulture
03-30-2019, 07:36 AM
Same four for me. That's who I think wins, I want to win, and who does best for my brackets.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

zagssuperfan
03-30-2019, 09:27 AM
GU
MSU
Virginia
Auburn

MJ777
03-30-2019, 10:02 AM
GU
MSU
Kentucky
UVA

OntZags
03-30-2019, 10:18 AM
My final four was Duke/Gonzaga/Virginia/Iowa St.

So I'll stick with my 3 and substitute Auburn for Iowa St. as my wildcard.

caduceus
04-01-2019, 02:26 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVsQLlk-T0s

BurgessEraZag
04-01-2019, 06:36 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cVsQLlk-T0s

After the disappointing loss to Texas Tech for which I have empathy for the team players who are also sort of crushed by the event, I pray the experience will not only help each of them in their basketball careers but also in life. Life is difficult and complex, just read M. Scott Peck, M.D.'s "The Road Less Traveled." But winners bounce back and I'm sure our team members will do that after a while.

Our thread's predictions for final four were pretty much consistent with all the "talking heads" and at the time I would have agreed probably.

But if Gonzaga can't make the FF I was wildly happy to see the names we reel off now for FF. Auburn, Texas Tech, Michigan State and of course Virginia who came very close to losing to Purdue. What a great FF we have this year if GU can't be there.

I love Coach Few but it is difficult to NOT call Izzo the best coach in the nation after yesterday's game against Duke. Izzo does it year after year also. Interesting the alleged "secret scrimmage" with GU in November was reputed to indicate Gonzaga ate the Spartans lunch. Well Izzo is no dumby, either he learned something that day or just did his usual great job of coaching all year to have his team peak yesterday. Few has an urgency to get his team ready for the early non conference games to gain a reputation for a "high seed" later after the soft schedule in WCC. How else to explain we crushed Duke in Maui!! Suspect it will continue like this in the future.

Regardless, what fun following Zag basketball and living and dying (not quite dying, just disappointing) with the ups and downs of GU nation.

How's this for a cliché? There's always next year. And with GU we can count on the team, Few, Tommy and the Zags to be right there among 'em next year.

GoZags