PDA

View Full Version : It's really easy to like and respect Coach Beard and his Texas Tech players

rawkmandale
03-29-2019, 03:28 PM
I just watched the Texas Tech press conference on CBS Sports Network. I can see why the pundits are calling Coach Beard a very hot commodity. The guy is grounded, intelligent, authentic and personable. He was also an assistant for Bobby Knight. He has only been a D1 head coach for 4 years, and now has a second Elite Eight team, using the Gonzaga (prior) formula of taking sub-top 100 players, and developing them to NBA level. Of course, Gonzaga is now landing Top 100 players, but it took nearly 20 years to get the program to that level.

The five players in the press conference were also very likeable. If they beat us, I will certainly root for them the rest of the way. Go Zags!

rawkmandale
03-29-2019, 03:41 PM
Coach Few and players coming up on CBSSN (channel 633 on Comcast Spokane) after the commercial break.

OCzag
03-29-2019, 03:44 PM
I just watched the Texas Tech press conference on CBS Sports Network. I can see why the pundits are calling Coach Beard a very hot commodity. The guy is grounded, intelligent, authentic and personable. He was also an assistant for Bobby Knight. He has only been a D1 head coach for 4 years, and now has a second Elite Eight team, using the Gonzaga (prior) formula of taking sub-top 100 players, and developing them to NBA level. Of course, Gonzaga is now landing Top 100 players, but it took nearly 20 years to get the program to that level.

The five players in the press conference were also very likeable. If they beat us, I will certainly root for them the rest of the way. Go Zags!

Agree. Coach Beard went out of his way praise GU and how they want to build a program like ours.

rawkmandale
03-29-2019, 03:57 PM
SWX carrying the full presser

DixieZag
03-29-2019, 04:04 PM
Agree. Coach Beard went out of his way praise GU and how they want to build a program like ours.

Then he has to turn down the 4-5 million that UCLA is purportedly about to offer.

bartruff1
03-29-2019, 04:37 PM
I don't know....he kind of sets off my BS Detector ….it took me quite a while to fake sincerity but once I mastered it only a very good BS Detector would recognize it and acknowledge it only with a wink....he is trying to hard ….

I though the breakfast cereal story was a tell....defending hard coaching was a tell....and using the adorable little girl ...who can answer questions....as a prop was a dead giveaway...my detector went to red...

If UCLA can't get Bennett or Stevens.... if he can get to the FF...I suspect he will get the job...

MEZAG
03-29-2019, 05:16 PM
I don't know....he kind of sets off my BS Detector ….it took me quite a while to fake sincerity but once I mastered it only a very good BS Detector would recognize it and acknowledge it only with a wink....he is trying to hard ….

I though the breakfast cereal story was a tell....defending hard coaching was a tell....and using the adorable little girl ...who can answer questions....as a prop was a dead giveaway...my detector went to red...

If UCLA can't get Bennett or Stevens.... if he can get to the FF...I suspect he will get the job...

Agree. Too thick.

jazzdelmar
03-29-2019, 05:26 PM
Thank yewwwww, Bart. He’s a phony. A Bobby Knight phony. Throwing bs at Few and co. Screw him.

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-29-2019, 05:40 PM
My goodness, we have some classless people on this board.

Luckily it's a minority of posters here, and I suppose every message board has them, I'd like to think Gonzaga fans and alumni are different. But nope, guess not.

He hasn't been anything but gracious.

Would you prefer he calls our team dog ####?

jazzdelmar
03-29-2019, 05:44 PM

Luckily it's a minority of posters here, and I suppose every message board has them, I'd like to think Gonzaga fans and alumni are different. But nope, guess not.

So your answer to purported “classless” posters is to be classless yourself?

Kong-Kool-Aid
03-29-2019, 05:50 PM
Between your "thug" comments about FSU, saying "screw him" about an opposing teams coach, to countless times where you have made personally disparaging remarks about our players intelligence, courage, or whatever unfounded criticism you come up with... if I'm in the same stratosphere as you in this regard I'm as ashamed of myself as you should be of yourself.

Why do you even cheer this team on? Do you ever smile and say something positive about ANYTHING?

TexasZagFan
03-29-2019, 07:59 PM

Well, at least he hasn't said "bless your heart". That would be a true tell. lolol