• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Reborn
    Zag for Life
    • Oct 2007

It's Game Day, the best day of the week. Zags vs Florida St 3/28/19

Good morning,Zags. The fantastic GAME DAY has finally come. The waiting is over. It's an early game too (4:10) so that will be nice. I feel good, as good as I have ever felt for a game as big as this one. Oh yeah! This is a really big game. The game in the Sweet 16 is always huge, and really, really tough. As I've said, it's like a championship fight. Florida St. will be as tough of an opponent as the Zags may face. We've had big games like this this year (Duke, Tennessee and North Carolina. Two of these teams are one seeds and the other is a two. I'm so glad we had those games.

We've talked all week about Florida; so there really isn't much to say. Just get your Zag gear out, wear it with pride, and get ready to rock and roll tonight. ZagNation is ready.

Go Zags!!!
    Go Zags!!! The Best Is Yet To Come!!!
  • bartruff1
    Zag for Life
    • Jan 2010

Win or lose, I just want them to play well ….to have a good game with decent shooting percentages , few turnovers, be even on rebounds, get their assists ...I don't want them to beat themselves or lose on a bad call or freak shot....or give up a double digit lead.....

Comment

• Reborn
      Zag for Life
      • Oct 2007

Originally posted by bartruff1 View Post
      Win or lose, I just want them to play well ….to have a good game with decent shooting percentages , few turnovers, be even on rebounds, get their assists ...I don't want them to beat themselves or lose on a bad call or freak shot....or give up a double digit lead.....
      I agree that turnovers is a huge key. Gonzaga can be an elite passing team, and when we are we are at our very best offensively. On the other hand, in some games we've gone away from our TEAM ball and instead focused on trying one on one moves. We must stay away from that temptation.

Comment

• katman50
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Go Zags! Am very nervous about this one (like every big game) but I think the Zags get it together and prevail. I wish game time would hurry up and come around!

Comment

• Zagger
          Banned
          • Mar 2008

Comment

• Reborn
            Zag for Life
            • Oct 2007

I just took a good look at Florida St's schedule and noticed that UNC beat them by 18 points and held them to like 58 points. I saw the game and was really impressed with UNC's defense. It was much better than FSU's defense, which seems to be the most feared defense in college basketball. Few and Roy Williams are good friends, so I'm sure Few has been talking to him to get some helpful hints. I know Mark Few and his assistants are great coaches and will come up with a really good game plan. I'm looking forward to seeing it unfold.

Go Zags!!!

Comment

• Hilltoppernole
              Redshirt
              • Mar 2019

Comment

• kitzbuel
                • Feb 2007

Or have a sudden injury.
                'I found it is the small everyday deeds of ordinary folk that keep the darkness at bay… small acts of kindness and love.'
                - Gandalf the Grey

Foo Time

Comment

• bballbeachbum
                  Zag for Life
                  • Dec 2008

another sweet 16 second weekend from the Zags. I'm grateful for the joy and excited to see this team play again tonight. Love watching this team play!

Comment

• PNW Zagfan
                    Professional Zag Fan
                    • Jan 2015

"It's Game Day, the best day of the week" - So very true, especially in March. Good luck Zags.

Comment

• CdAZagFan
                      Zag for Life
                      • Feb 2013

This. Play GU basketball and let the chips fall where they may. If they do, I think they'll have great success.

Comment

• Zagger
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2008

Listening to 1510 KGA
                        Really like listening to Hudson & Morrison’s pre-game chatter. Have had Zags on the mind all day. Been shooting pine cones into 5 gallon buckets whilst cleaning up the yard from winter’s accumulation of needles, twigs, branches. I sunk a few 3s! Good omen!

Comment

• Zags11
                          Banned
                          • Mar 2008

Im nervous as crap. My blood pressure is already up. We got this.

Comment

• Reborn
                            Zag for Life
                            • Oct 2007

It's 3:44. Zags taking the floor. The fans are revved up. The games about to begin.
                            I'm getting excited, a little bit nervous. I feel alive. So alive.
                            Gettin ready for 40 minutes of nerve wrecking plays. My voice is ready to ignite.
                            I'm so ready. So ready for this fight.

Go Zags!!!

Comment

• SWZag
                              Zag for Life
                              • Feb 2007

Originally posted by Hilltoppernole
                              What does Trent Forrest have to do to get a foul called driving to the basketball, this game is rigged. From the 2 early fouls on Koumadje to the non calls in the paint. Conrad’s guys you beat us with one hand behind our back. White guy official on the baseline can go to hell.
                              I pose the same question to you with a number of our players and lack of getting legitimate calls. If you can answer that, maybe you'll find your answer.

Zag Shop (Thrift Shop Parody)

Gonzaga sind die besten! Gehe Zags!

Comment

Working...
                              X