PDA

View Full Version : WSU ESPN Article

SintoZag
11-08-2007, 07:54 AM
I only post this because I am suprised Gonzaga was not mentioned at all. I think it is great, what Bennnet is doing, but I am suprised no comparason. wa made

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/preview2007/columns/story?columnist=katz_andy&id=3086329

Ezag
11-08-2007, 08:48 AM
the mention will come upon their defeat next month:)

JAGzag
11-08-2007, 11:38 AM
I agree but think it has more to do with conferences and lables. It's taken us years to be taken seriously ... years. WSU has one good year and all of a sudden, "they've made it!" Not to take anything away against WSU but with their conference, budget and exposure ... it was about time.

CougFan05
11-08-2007, 12:38 PM
The article was written by Andy Katz, who is a University of Wisconsin alumn, a huge Dick and Tony Bennett supporter. I remember when Bennett took over for WSU he had a huge article on Dick coming out of retirement on ESPN.com, so it has nothing to do with Gonzaga. Andy Katz has been on WSU bandwagon since middle last year and he is one of the first to write a lot positive things about WSU. We are kind like the new baby of the family, everyone wants pays attention to us and tells us how great we are on learning to walk and talk while the 5 year is reading a 500 page novel is like what about me? By no means have we arrived as a national power or anything, it's more of Andy Katz inner fan of the Bennett's be shown than anything.

We have a lot to prove this year, if we don't make the Sweet 16 at least this year is a huge dissapointment for us.

Spokanicoug
11-08-2007, 01:25 PM
Not to take anything away against WSU but with their conference, budget and exposure ... it was about time.

One out of three ain't bad.

JAGzag
11-08-2007, 02:36 PM
The article was written by Andy Katz, who is a University of Wisconsin alumn, a huge Dick and Tony Bennett supporter. I remember when Bennett took over for WSU he had a huge article on Dick coming out of retirement on ESPN.com, so it has nothing to do with Gonzaga. Andy Katz has been on WSU bandwagon since middle last year and he is one of the first to write a lot positive things about WSU. We are kind like the new baby of the family, everyone wants pays attention to us and tells us how great we are on learning to walk and talk while the 5 year is reading a 500 page novel is like what about me? By no means have we arrived as a national power or anything, it's more of Andy Katz inner fan of the Bennett's be shown than anything.

We have a lot to prove this year, if we don't make the Sweet 16 at least this year is a huge dissapointment for us.

I hope WSU does make the Sweet 16 this year; I think ZagNation would all love a closer, more palatable rival! Here's to a WSU one loss season ... :D

cougs4ever
11-08-2007, 02:41 PM
I think ZagNation would all love a closer, more palatable rival! Here's to a WSU one loss season ... :D

I would love nothing more, than if both teams developed into perennial Top 10 powers, and the one game a year between the two schools was recognized as regional holiday. Or maybe that the teams were so good that ESPN picked up the game every year.

SintoZag
11-08-2007, 02:46 PM
Lets just hope that WSU doesn't get to big for their britches like UDUB and not want to play us.....

I must add, I don't think the country boys in Pullman will.

primal23
11-08-2007, 08:04 PM
No WSU wont, they have a good, intelligent coach who knows that the GU-WSU game is a good one. Bennett seems to me the type of coach would would rather lose a game or two against top notch competition then to play barely D1 teams all at home, and only win one game away(with 2 MCD's AAs and miss BOTH tournaments).

kyle dixon
11-08-2007, 08:36 PM
It is a great story for the Cougs to have a great season and garner a top ten ranking and everything. There is no team that I hate more than the Huskies, so I was so very happy to see the Cougs beat them all three times last year (including the Pac 10 tournament game).

However, I still have some bad feelings for the Cougs after they turned their back on the Zags in the early 90's which included the sampson/Graham era, etc. and ended our annual series. I applaud the Bennet's for continuing the series.

I might be one of the few while driving in my car I hear the commercial promoting the Cougars basketball team and to buy tickets and I get an uneasy feeling. I do not know what it is, but I find myself each and every time turning the radio dial off until the conclusion of the commercial.

Anyways, what I am saying it is time for the Zags to take care of the Cougs (as usual) the first week of December and regain the state which we own. The Huskies had me scared earlier this week as I was afraid Seattle Pacific was going to take care of them and we were going to have to add SPU to our schedule.