PDA

View Full Version : Few on Jim Rome at 1:40 EST today

MedZag
03-25-2019, 10:38 AM
Jim is always a good interview.

MedZag
03-25-2019, 10:54 AM
- Few said Clarke's performance is "probably at the top" of his all-time individual Zag player performances
- Again praising Kispert's performance, particularly his D on Vitals
- Baylor was difficult to game plan for on 2 days notice. Did a lot of zone prep in week leading up to round of 64. Praised maturity of team as major reason for preparedness and ability to adjust.
- Jim Rome will be at game Thursday.
- FSU long, crazy athletic, really really deep. Few again says he feels they look more like a 2 seed. Few talks about how amazing it is that Hamilton is comfortable playing so many guys, plays his team like a hockey team.
- Killian getting hurt during "last half speed drill before we got on the plane" last year in the back of his mind. Wants team rested and fresh for Thursday.
- Few doesn't understand hockey substitutions. Still thinks Calipari has "zero chance" surviving in alaskan wilderness, but that he would do well at one of their 5 star resorts (if they serve caviar).

Reborn
03-25-2019, 10:58 AM
Great interview. Love Few's take on Calipari being able to survive a fishing trip in Alaska. Good to know that they are such good friends, and that he (Few) can kid his buddy (Coach Cal) that way. LMAO both this time and the first time I heard that story a week ago. I have always liked Jim Rome and especially at this time of the year when he interview coaches in the NCAA Tournament. Rome and his family are going to the game Thursday. That's really cool. It's going to be a great game to see for sure. Glad we are in California, close to home. I think it will help. In fact it could be the one thing that gives our Zags the edge.

Go Zags!!!

raise the zag
03-25-2019, 11:03 AM
Great interview. Love Few's take on Calipari being able to survive a fishing trip in Alaska. Good to know that they are such good friends, and that he (Few) can kid his buddy (Coach Cal) that way. LMAO both this time and the first time I heard that story a week ago. I have always liked Jim Rome and especially at this time of the year when he interview coaches in the NCAA Tournament. Rome and his family are going to the game Thursday. That's really cool. It's going to be a great game to see for sure. Glad we are in California, close to home. I think it will help. In fact it could be the one thing that gives our Zags the edge.

Was just thinking the same thing. Happy to be playing on the West Coast, our stomping grounds. FSU will travel 3 times zones, we travel 0. It can potentially make a difference.

Anything to give us an edge in this one, I'll take it. . .

ZagNative
03-25-2019, 12:20 PM
https://omny.fm/shows/the-jim-rome-show/3-25-2019-mark-few

Reborn
03-25-2019, 12:24 PM
You're so cool, and a super techy......So smart. I wish I had your computer and photo skills.

Go Zags!!!

bdmiller7
03-25-2019, 03:12 PM
Was just thinking the same thing. Happy to be playing on the West Coast, our stomping grounds. FSU will travel 3 times zones, we travel 0. It can potentially make a difference.

Anything to give us an edge in this one, I'll take it. . .

I had a different thought on the game time. Its 7 EST and 4 PST, seems like a more normal time for FSU to play a game than GU. If I was FSU I wouldnt adjust clocks. Just act like you're playing a 7 PM game.

MichZagFan
03-25-2019, 04:45 PM
Glad we are in California, close to home. I think it will help. In fact it could be the one thing that gives our Zags the edge.

I'm not sure how much of a difference this will make considering last year's game was at Staples Center in Los Angeles.

But this is a much better Zag team. Same can be said for FSU. I still expect not only a focused Zag squad, but one out for revenge.

Go Zags!