• Feb 2007

I would enjoy this line up for extended minutes

PG Pargo
    SG Downs
    SF Daye
    PF Heytvelt
    C Kuso

Thoughts?

Does Downs have good enough handles to play the 2?
  • zag67
    Zag for Life
    • Sep 2007

I think that lineup would probably be very good, unless the other team had some quick guards that pressured the ball all of the time. This might put to much pressure on Pargo. But if they all worked during the year at bringing the ball up (after we chrush the other team), then I think all of them could improve their ballhandling.

I also think that IRA might be used at times with that group (instead of Josh or Kuso). That would give you another person that can handle the ball and I do not think that we would lose much unless they have some tall and bulky forwards.

I believe that Few and the coaching staff will have the luxury of being able to create mismatches against almost any type of team. He has the shooters, defensive players, slashers, rebounders, blockers, and people that are great with the assists. Keeping all of them happy is going to be hard, but if they can keep winning, that might help in that part. Also if they can win big, then all of them will get a more equal amount of playing time.

Comment

• GoZags
      Super Moderator
      • Feb 2007

Originally posted by former1dog View Post
      PG Pargo
      SG Downs
      SF Daye
      PF Heytvelt
      C Kuso

Thoughts?

Does Downs have good enough handles to play the 2?
      I am hoping that Matt's ankle sprain isn't serious -- so your lineup would be one of choice vs one of necessity.

That being said -- I believe this would be an effective lineup for the Zags -- although I'm uncomfortable with any lineup/scenario that doesn't include Pendo.
      sigpic
      “To be continued …”. Fr Tony Lehman, SJ
      ——-
      List of All Americans (1st Team Top 5) and Academic All Americans (1st Team Top 5) in the same season since '00:
      Shane Battier, Dan Dickau, Omeka Okafor, DJ Augustin, Kelly Olynyk, Nigel Williams-Goss, Corey Kispert.

Comment

• former1dog
        Zag for Life
        • Feb 2007

Just to clarify, I'm not suggesting this line up as a starting line up, just one that would be very effective.

I'm a huge Pendo and Bouldin fan and believe they both deserve significant playing time.

Comment

Working...
        X